Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Nikoh is registered and ready to go!

I met with my physician today on a regularly scheduled appointment. I think he was as excited about the puppy as I am! He instantly started drawing up all the paperwork for me.

The regular "service dog" I believe is out of reach. They say it's about $20-30k in training! Yikes! And they also say it's best to buy one trained already, and not your own puppy.

But to make her an "emotional support dog" - nothing more than a dated letter from my psychiatrist with diagnosis, all about the puppy, his "prescription" for the dog, then on letterhead with his license and all that crap.

So now she can fly "in cabin" with me for free. Should I move anywhere where dogs aren't allowed - she IS by federal law. The main difference is "public places and accommodations". Where a service dog gets to stay at hotels and public places with no questions asked - she only gets protection for the airplane and housing.

BUT - if you look around for pet friendly hotels, there are TONS where ANY pet can stay. Then so many others are allowing "only service dogs and ESA's".

And at least instead of writing on the letter that I am "nuts", it solely states that my condition is DSMMD - 5th edition: Bipolar Affective Disorder, DSM-V 296.45, ICD-10 31.63
    And then her ID card and vest will arrive soon as well!

Now she just needs training to be in public (not necessary, but gonna do anyway) - and also some obedience school so she doesn't turn out retarded like all the other animals I have owned!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Now she just needs training to be in public (not necessary, but gonna do anyway) - and also some obedience school so she doesn't turn out retarded like all the other animals I have owned!!

Pretty sure there is no way for her to be retarded.... she is a heap smart, watch and learn chickie. The classes will mostly be for you lol

She was picking up tricks in the short time I had with her.

Lots of habits she will get used to now that you need to curb because once she is 50# some things are just not as cute
    “Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

4. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    Pretty sure there is no way for her to be retarded.... she is a heap smart, watch and learn chickie. The classes will mostly be for you lol

She was picking up tricks in the short time I had with her.

Lots of habits she will get used to now that you need to curb because once she is 50# some things are just not as cute
    I am learning her intelligence!! She seems to be picking things up VERY quickly, many things on the first try and she remembers. She knows her bowl, and is learning her crate is "home" and isn't fearful of it. She had a couple of accidents, then further accidents were on the wee wee pad. But already, the majority of her activities are outside!! Very proud of her! So pretty and so well behaved. She has grabbed some things, but not even a ton. But when she grabs things, I tell her "leave it" or "drop it" and she mostly does every time. She's already light years ahead of Porter. The cat is a challenge, as he's a smart cookie, but they have done nothing at all other than get along. They are either playing, sleeping nearby, or just leaving one another alone.

She hasn't slept in my bed. I haven't given her any "human food" at all. No over feeding with too many treats. I place healthy organic treats in her kong bone and she loves them! I first placed them easily, and she just took them out. I slowly worked my way to the center, to the point I have trouble getting them back out - but she doesn't! But it'll keep her busy on it for awhile.

Yup, it's me that needs the classes! LOL I need to know and learn commands at least for the basics. Getting her to drop things, come to me, stop, get down...

You have taught her well in the short time you had her, she's like a little genius dog!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I met with my physician today on a regularly scheduled appointment. I think he was as excited about the puppy as I am! He instantly started drawing up all the paperwork for me.

The regular "service dog" I believe is out of reach. They say it's about $20-30k in training! Yikes! And they also say it's best to buy one trained already, and not your own puppy.

But to make her an "emotional support dog" - nothing more than a dated letter from my psychiatrist with diagnosis, all about the puppy, his "prescription" for the dog, then on letterhead with his license and all that crap.

So now she can fly "in cabin" with me for free. Should I move anywhere where dogs aren't allowed - she IS by federal law. The main difference is "public places and accommodations". Where a service dog gets to stay at hotels and public places with no questions asked - she only gets protection for the airplane and housing.

BUT - if you look around for pet friendly hotels, there are TONS where ANY pet can stay. Then so many others are allowing "only service dogs and ESA's".

And at least instead of writing on the letter that I am "nuts", it solely states that my condition is DSMMD - 5th edition: Bipolar Affective Disorder, DSM-V 296.45, ICD-10 31.63
    And then her ID card and vest will arrive soon as well!

"Emotional Support Dog".

Only YOU could come up with some sh*t like THAT, Jimbob.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

This is how life was with Thunder just about EVERY day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

9. Thanks SassyLady, jimnyc, Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady, NightTrain, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NT'sGirl View Post
    This is how life was with Thunder just about EVERY day

We had our cocker groomed once, the groomer took too much fur off. Taffy would not go out during the day for like 3 days, only would deign to go out after dark. She also would turn her back on my dad, he'd taken her to the groomers.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

We had our cocker groomed once, the groomer took too much fur off. Taffy would not go out during the day for like 3 days, only would deign to go out after dark. She also would turn her back on my dad, he'd taken her to the groomers.

Thunder had to be shaved once, because a super bad tick issue. He cried for days.. would not come out from behind the couch with any kind of light on for a week. AAAND he crapped all over my brothers things for about 2 weeks.

Thunder also decided to teach Rick a lesson about locking him in the garage. He pulled the door frame off and ripped the sheet rock to dust made a huge mess. Rick started to rant and scream at him and well refer to the first picture for how Thunder responded

13. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    "Emotional Support Dog".

Only YOU could come up with some sh*t like THAT, Jimbob.
    I didn't come up with it, Cue Ball!!

"Emotional Support Animal" or "ESA" is actually a legal term or term to show that a dog has been "prescribed" by a physician, for the well being of the patient. And I assure you, carrying her for 4500 miles, while a pain in the ass, made it SO SO SO much better on my anxiety and mood. Otherwise, Jim gets a little lippy and pissy with people when things not going smoothly. But all peaches and cream when this cute little girl is with you!

15. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl liked this post