Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Of course not, you protect the brain. I'm not insulting any military position, just surprised you guys trash a 4 star general. Bizarre. It's like saying Lebron James is terrible at basketball and only got to where he is by knowing the owners well.
    No, Pete, what happened here was that a few military folks IN THE KNOW made comments about how they feel a military veteran speaking out about politics, and where he gets his $$$ from. And instead of perhaps coming back with something else to support your position, or perhaps appropriately condemn comments - and why.... you make your one liner opener, and then come back minimizing and condemning someone else's military career. That is not even NEAR debating OR discussing. That is pushing an opinion you agree with, and then belittling someone who disagrees. In other words, your usual MO.

I NEVER trust when someone is literally selling something, a book or similar. And then if they work for Fox or NBC, I judge accordingly. Look at their twitter posts and Facebook, and see if they are "leaning" one way.

Folks didn't trash a 4 star general or his great and long military service to our country. They are angry about his comments and who he has become after his career. You know, how YOU YOURSELF have posted about Kelly and others that were from the military, that Trump has hired or trusted and other conservatives here gave a thumbs up for.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar, aboutime thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Of course not, you protect the brain. I'm not insulting any military position, just surprised you guys trash a 4 star general. Bizarre. It's like saying Lebron James is terrible at basketball and only got to where he is by knowing the owners well.
    There's a difference between trashing a General officer and trashing his politics as a Retired General Officer. YOU presented his credential as "an Army 4-Star General" as if that means he can't be a retarded Democrat. It's called cherry-picking, and choosing poorly.

I'm a damned good Marine. It qualifies me to be exactly one, lousy civilian because y'all suck and I refuse to assimilate by lowering my standards to yours. There's a point there if you take it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks aboutime, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    The General was a pretty good soldier for most of his career. There was some scandal alleged when it was reported that he had troops fire on retreating Iraqi soldiers and slaughtering them. His post military career is mostly a record of running his own company, drug czar for Clinton and political analysis for NBC/MSNBC. I have no problem with his making statements like this...it's what he is PAID to do.

As for the snide remark about Gunny's position in the military hierarchy, I find it ironic that Petey derides one who served in the trenches yet forgets that the general earned his multiple Purple Hearts in those same trenches. Generals plan but NEVER lead the charge these days. They sit in the rear which is probably a good thing. You can bet your last nickel that the general didn't earn anything once he became a field grade officer.
    BTW @CSM , one of the things that happened a LOT towards the end of the ground fighting in the 1st Gulf War is Iraqi's would pop up and shoot at you, then throw down their weapons immediately and surrender or turn and run We took a few hits that way.

I'm not defending the General, because like we've already said, he probably had no idea what was going on in the field, and I don't know what his or his command's specific situation was, But if his troops got caught shooting Iraqi's (in the back) oh well. Was a lot different there than some REMF back here in the World thumbing through a rule book.
    Last edited by Gunny; 03-18-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Petey...you should really consider using your RIGHT to remain QUIET.

Forgive us petey, for not remembering how EXPERT you pretend to be in military matters..twisted by LIBERAL LIES...Called FACTS.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I don't recall bashing the general at all.... I know I am old and sometimes my memory fails me but I did go back and read my post just to be sure. So unless my eyes are worse than I thought, I did read anything in my post that could be considered "bashing" the general.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Two questions for you pete:

1. Did you ever serve? If Yes, go to question 2. If No, who the hell do you think you are criticizing people that have,
    and are far more experienced in military matters?

2. How long did you serve and in what capacity?
    Last edited by Elessar; 03-18-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Two questions for you pete:

1. Did you ever serve? If Yes, go to question 2. If No, who the hell do you think you are criticizing people that have,
    and are far more experienced in military matters?

2. How long did you serve and in what capacity?

Ellesar... I think petey admitted awhile back....he never served in the military. But, he didn't deny serving in OBAMA'S ACORN operations that convinced the UNEDUCATED to vote for Democrats to ensure they get all of the FREE BENNIES from the Local, State, and Federal HAND OUT programs. So, his only military experience might be with the BLACK PANTHERS.
    Last edited by aboutime; 03-18-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Ellesar... I think petey admitted awhile back....he never served in the military. But, he didn't deny serving in OBAMA'S ACORN operations that convinced the UNEDUCATED to vote for Democrats to ensure they get all of the FREE BENNIES from the Local, State, and Federal HAND OUT programs. So, his only military experience might be with the BLACK PANTHERS.
    I really could not remember, but want to reiterate he is barking up the wrong tree. CSM summed it up. He is no longer
    a 4-Star General, only a former one.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

13. Thanks aboutime thanked this post