Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default So much fun with the new puppy!

I know it's a TON of work, and some lost hours in there. But for me, I'm having fun training her non-stop, even if not thrilled with the loss of some sleep. And I spent only like $800 on her since getting back home! A harness in addition to the harness she came home with. It appears this one she came home with should last her awhile though. I have 2 beautiful crates for her and her training. One is upstairs and one downstairs. She does already see them as home, and that's awesome to see so quickly! Or maybe she goes in there for the new bedding I got for her, some memory foam crate bottom for her.

And then of course a billion things for her to chew on, instead of my belongings and furniture. But she only gets maximum of 2 at a time, so as not to confuse her, or spoil her I suppose. And some regular treats, and also the tiny training treats for the positive reinforcement. Don't wanna give her a ton of regular treats and make her fat! And she's only getting foods and/or treats that are healthy and good for huskies.

And about 1300 drawstring poopie bags!! Laugh if you will, but it's bad enough my hands or fingers need to know that poop is on the OTHER side of the bag, and warm. So it gets special treatment and a drawstring to ENSURE it's closed. And then I run like hell for the nearest garbage can!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NightTrain, NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I know it's a TON of work, and some lost hours in there. But for me, I'm having fun training her non-stop, even if not thrilled with the loss of some sleep. And I spent only like $800 on her since getting back home! A harness in addition to the harness she came home with. It appears this one she came home with should last her awhile though. I have 2 beautiful crates for her and her training. One is upstairs and one downstairs. She does already see them as home, and that's awesome to see so quickly! Or maybe she goes in there for the new bedding I got for her, some memory foam crate bottom for her.

And then of course a billion things for her to chew on, instead of my belongings and furniture. But she only gets maximum of 2 at a time, so as not to confuse her, or spoil her I suppose. And some regular treats, and also the tiny training treats for the positive reinforcement. Don't wanna give her a ton of regular treats and make her fat! And she's only getting foods and/or treats that are healthy and good for huskies.

And about 1300 drawstring poopie bags!! Laugh if you will, but it's bad enough my hands or fingers need to know that poop is on the OTHER side of the bag, and warm. So it gets special treatment and a drawstring to ENSURE it's closed. And then I run like hell for the nearest garbage can!!
    He's "trying not to spoil the dog". and . Right. Probably kicked Mrs Jim out of the bed.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

She's in for a treat tomorrow, as a "Nor 'easter" is coming to the east coast again, we'll be back in Alaska for a short time! LOL

Supposed to get anywhere from 5 -16 inches, depending on reports and which way the wind blows tomorrow. So long as there is snow, she ought to be happy!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    He's "trying not to spoil the dog". and . Right. Probably kicked Mrs Jim out of the bed.
    Well, I'm hoping to give her the best, the best in care and things that may enter her belly. But train her appropriately, and don't give her 54 bones at once, no pizza...

7. Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I hope that dog's got a degree in psychology. It's going to need it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I hope that dog's got a degree in psychology. It's going to need it.
    Yups, anyone wanting to successfully live with me, and understand my way of always blabbing and what not, very well may need one!

And with the non-stop training of this one, and seeing how smart she is, it appears I may need some sort of masters degree in dog training! She's smart as a whip, which is a great thing... but the bad thing is, she's smart as a whip!!

10. Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Pics of Nicoh in the snow, or it never happened!

ETA- just saw the new thread.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So she has 2 crates, and WILL be trained for both, and has already showed amazing progress. But the upstairs, she kinda prefers closest to me. I have the crate in the bathroom. I don't shut the door, but I have a gate like a foot or so into the bedroom so that she can see me at least. She was in there with her bone, but then started whining after about 5 minutes or so. Another 5 minutes or so and she was quiet. So the crate didn't keep her in there, but she sure does like that marble strip that goes across the entrance. Probably because it holds the most cold.

14. Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So she has 2 crates, and WILL be trained for both, and has already showed amazing progress. But the upstairs, she kinda prefers closest to me. I have the crate in the bathroom. I don't shut the door, but I have a gate like a foot or so into the bedroom so that she can see me at least. She was in there with her bone, but then started whining after about 5 minutes or so. Another 5 minutes or so and she was quiet. So the crate didn't keep her in there, but she sure does like that marble strip that goes across the entrance. Probably because it holds the most cold.

Luckily for her, you keep temps arctic-level in the summer.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NT'sGirl liked this post