Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Russian Agent May Have Limited Mental Capacity After Nerve Attack

March 22, 2018
    By Michael Holden and Gabriela Baczynska
    LONDON/BRUSSELS (Reuters) – A military-grade nerve toxin attack on former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter may have left them with compromised mental capacity and it is unclear whether they will recover, a British judge said on Thursday.
    Britain has said Russia used a Soviet-era chemical weapon called Novichok to attack Skripal and his daughter Yulia in the first known offensive use of such a weapon on European soil since World War Two. Russia has denied any involvement.
    Britain is asking other European Union states to crack down together on Russian spy networks, though there is unlikely to be a concerted response at an EU summit in Brussels on Thursday, a French source said.
    A London court gave permission for blood samples to be taken from the Skripals for examination by chemical weapons inspectors to confirm the conclusion of Britain’s Porton Down military research laboratory.
    An unidentified doctor who is treating the Skripals said they were both heavily sedated and unable to communicate, and that it was not possible to assess when or to what extent either may regain mental capacity, according to the court’s ruling.
    “The precise effect of their exposure on their long term health remains unclear, albeit medical tests indicate that their mental capacity might be compromised to an unknown and so far unascertained degree,” Judge David Williams said in his ruling.
    Skripal, once a colonel in Russia’s GRU military intelligence service, and his 33-year-old daughter were found slumped unconscious on a bench outside a shopping center in the southern English city of Salisbury on March 4.
    They were both in a physically stable condition and were being treated “on the basis they would wish to be kept alive”, the doctor said, according to Williams’s ruling at the London’s Court of Protection, which makes decisions about the welfare of people who are unable to do so themselves.
    Williams said the application to take the samples had been made urgently on Tuesday. Both Skripal and his daughter were critical but stable, although he added: “It is not inconceivable that their condition could rapidly deteriorate”
    Judge Williams said an unidentified analyst from Porton Down had given evidence that blood samples taken from the Skripals indicated exposure to a nerve agent. “The samples tested positive for the presence of a Novichok class nerve agent or closely related agent,” his ruling said.
    A policeman who fell ill after helping the Skripals was released from hospital on Thursday after more than two weeks of treatment, officials said.
    EU HELP?
    Britain is asking other European states to crack down together on Russian spy networks that could be preparing similar attacks, diplomats said.
    Prime Minister Theresa May would urge coordinated action by EU states at the summit and try to persuade the bloc’s leaders to condemn Russia over the Salisbury attack.
    “Russia staged a brazen and reckless attack against the United Kingdom,” May told reporters on arriving at the summit. “It’s clear that the Russian threat does not respect borders and indeed the incident in Salisbury was a pattern of Russian aggression against Europe and its near neighbors.”
    In the worst crisis between London and Moscow since the Cold War, May has expelled 23 Russian diplomats whom she says were spies. Russia has ordered out 23 British diplomats.
    Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite said she was already considering expelling Russian spies from her territory.
    INSULT TO RUSSIA
    Diplomats stressed May was not seeking a formal EU strategy.
    Reluctance from countries – Greece and Hungary among them – means a draft joint statement by EU leaders now says only that they take “extremely seriously” London’s assessment that it was highly likely Russia was responsible for the attack.
    Russia’s ambassador to London, Vladimir Yakovenko, said on Thursday that, had Novichok been used, the Skripals would have died.
    Yakovenko rebuked British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson for comparing Russia’s hosting of the soccer World Cup this summer with Nazi Germany’s hosting of the Olympics in 1936.
    In Moscow, President Vladimir Putin discussed Britain’s “unfriendly and provocative” policy at a session of the national security council, RIA news agency quoted the Kremlin as saying.
    (Additional reporting by Elizabeth Piper, Robin Emmott, Richard Lough, Jean-Baptiste Vey, Writing by Gabriela Baczynska and Guy Faulconbridge, Editing by Richard Balmforth, Andrew Heavens and David Stamp)
    http://www.oann.com/britain-seeks-eu...rks-diplomats/

Wow. Indefinitely sedated. THAT alone is enough to screw your head up good. Got THAT tee shirt. Wonder how they decide "when" to bring them out from under it? If they are in stable condition, not sure what is the delay.

Isn't that kind of like pulling the plug to see if they live?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    http://www.oann.com/britain-seeks-eu...rks-diplomats/

Wow. Indefinitely sedated. THAT alone is enough to screw your head up good. Got THAT tee shirt. Wonder how they decide "when" to bring them out from under it? If they are in stable condition, not sure what is the delay.

Isn't that kind of like pulling the plug to see if they live?
    It could be (maybe ?) that they're only stable, because they're still in their current state. Wake up, and maybe, that'd change things ?

We're not doctors, I'm thinking ...

- Anyway. Of course Theresa May is correct. Since Russia has a track record of these assassins, and also since there's no reason to suppose that ONLY the UK will eve be the target territory for them, then other countries should consider their own territories under threat as well. An international stand is no less than necessary.

It's not as though Russia will have an attack of conscience, own up to wrongdoing, and swear never to do it again.

Putin and his mob lack that basic decency.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    It could be (maybe ?) that they're only stable, because they're still in their current state. Wake up, and maybe, that'd change things ?

We're not doctors, I'm thinking ...

- Anyway. Of course Theresa May is correct. Since Russia has a track record of these assassins, and also since there's no reason to suppose that ONLY the UK will eve be the target territory for them, then other countries should consider their own territories under threat as well. An international stand is no less than necessary.

It's not as though Russia will have an attack of conscience, own up to wrongdoing, and swear never to do it again.

Putin and his mob lack that basic decency.
    My honest guess? They're secluded, and rightly so. I've suspected that for awhile.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

My honest guess? They're secluded, and rightly so. I've suspected that for awhile.
    Could well be.

The policeman who was caught up in the attack, by the way, is no longer in danger. In fact, he's well on the way to a full recovery. We learned of a 4th victim of the nerve agent today .. being treated as an outpatient. Presumably not significantly harmed.

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Could well be.

The policeman who was caught up in the attack, by the way, is no longer in danger. In fact, he's well on the way to a full recovery. We learned of a 4th victim of the nerve agent today .. being treated as an outpatient. Presumably not significantly harmed.
    Was one of my first thoughts. They're TOO unavailable. No pics, no leaks since the 1st or second day.

Usually the dead and dying are waved daily in everyone's faces as a reminder. Just a thought anyway. Far I'm concerned whatever keeps everyone guessing works.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Was one of my first thoughts. They're TOO unavailable. No pics, no leaks since the 1st or second day.

Usually the dead and dying are waved daily in everyone's faces as a reminder. Just a thought anyway. Far I'm concerned whatever keeps everyone guessing works.
    I think there's a mood over here not to aggravate the situation further, unless definitely called for. There was the more recent death reported several days ago, 'constricted windpipe' or similar, the 'cause' of it .. and our police went out of their way to say they aren't connecting it to the Salisbury incident. Equally ... they're keeping these people well and truly out of harms' way, making sure there's no chance of any complications arising.

That's all well and good, from my thinking.

I'm just waiting, now, for the OPCW to finally confirm to the world at large what we already know is true about the origin of the poison used. And .. I'm expecting Russia to be arrogant enough to shrug it off, maybe dream up some fantastical alternative version to the truth rather than ever admit culpability.

Russia's sheer arrogance knows no bounds.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You REALLY think anyone is going to watch that?

Here's an idea. Try posting something short and sweet that someone can read. In English. Three videos to disclaim any knowledge of an incident is a bit much.

13. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You REALLY think anyone is going to watch that?

Here's an idea. Try posting something short and sweet that someone can read. In English. Three videos to disclaim any knowledge of an incident is a bit much.
    can I decide for myself what to do? or will you even here with your democracy tell me how to act?

in other words, what do you care? if you want you can ban me! just like you sent 23 diplomats from the UK.)))
    Last edited by Papokarlo; 03-23-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papokarlo View Post
    can I decide for myself what to do? or will you even here with your democracy tell me how to act?

in other words, what do you care? if you want you can ban me! just like you sent 23 diplomats from the UK.)))
    Ahem. I don't think Gunny sent anyone anywhere.

Last time I looked, the UK and US were in different parts of the world. It was the UK who expelled your 'diplomats'. Try to remain focused on relevant facts !!

I know it must be difficult .. you're used to being led by the nose by whatever propaganda comes your way.

Also, try to cope with what must be a very novel idea to you ... that Russia actually takes consequences for its actions !! Those 23 so-called diplomats shouldn't have had to leave, BUT, the UK was amply provoked into expelling them.

If or when your country takes on minimally decent international behaviour, maybe, we can have some latitude to reconsider things.

Do you think it ever will take on civilised standards ??

16. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Sure, As long as you follow the guidelines in the Rules for posting a new thread. No problem.

You post a link to support YOUR opinion/comment on the topic of your link. Just throwing links or videos out there is NOT okay, per the board owner.

AND, per the board owner, I think he already squared your ass away about posting in Russian. For your $20 "contribution" via Paypal, he will allow you 20 words in Russian.

This is NOT a democracy. It's a privately owned message board with rules agreed upon by the owner, who pays the bills, and the members. HE decides what you can and cannot post and in what manner.

I, and the rest of the staff enforce HIS rules. You should understand THAT. I don't give a damn about your problem, what or who you like, nor if you voted 3 times for Putin in one election. There are rules, I enforce the. If the last two sentences aren't clear, feel free to let me know which part you do not understand.

If you have an issue with hearing them from me, feel free to contact any other staff member so they can tell you the same thing.

Just pretend you're Crimea and I'm Putin.
    Last edited by Gunny; 03-23-2018 at 08:59 PM.

18. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

and after all this, you want to say that the EU sovereign States? ahahaha says the Minister for foreign Affairs of great Britain(2016).
    https://www.politico.eu/article/bori...e-brexit-ukip/

Two years later, he compares Putin to Hitler. Tomorrow it will be trump. you will see...

democracy of the highest order, say what we want, freedom of speech)))

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

democracy of the highest order, say what we want, freedom of speech)))
    "Freedom of Speech" on a privately owned message forum is what the OWNER determines to be appropriate.

It has nothing to with behavior out in the general public.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    "Freedom of Speech" on a privately owned message forum is what the OWNER determines to be appropriate.

It has nothing to with behavior out in the general public.
    I'm talking about Boris Johnson's freedom of speech.
    Last edited by Papokarlo; 03-25-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I'm talking about Boris Johnson's freedom of speech.
    If that is what you are talking about, then say so. You came across as being defiant to this forum
    and its rules.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!