Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Draft Posts

You may see the entry already... and I'm going to enable it in a few minutes. I'll let the place I got it from do the explaining. But basically, you can save your posts as drafts, and have a page of all of them.

Once you see it at the bottom of your posting area, all should be good to go. As usual, if you have any issues, post them in this thread. I'm learning just like everyone else, but I can see how this can be useful when one has to run when in the middle of making a detailed post.

---

Draft Posts

Draft Posts allows users to save a post as a draft which can be reused later as a template or draft for a new post.

Each Post can be saved as a Draft copy by one click at the foot of each postbit or checking an option when creating a new post.

All available Drafts are displayed below the bottom Reply button on the Show Thread pages.

All Drafts can be deleted from the User Control Panel area.

----

Major Features
    Draft Posts: Each post can be added as a a draft.

Usergroup Permissions: Administrators can set each usergroup's access to the mod.

Show Thread: All Drafts are available to use on each Show Thread page.

General Settings
    Option to toggle plugin on or off.
    Option to hide the version number in the footer.

---

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You will notice, UNDERNEATH the posting box, there are options you can check off, and one of them is now "save post as draft". When you want to do so, check that box off, and then SUBMIT thread. Nothing will show up in the thread, but you now just saved what you are writing as a draft, and they are all easily remembered and recalled.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Did you ever look into that little notification pane that's in the upper right hand corner of you old board? The one gives you alerts when someone quotes your post. Really handy I think, then you don't miss replying to someone that has replied to you.

Don't know if VBulletin has that or what... just thought I'd mention it. We can always chip in again for those little add-on goodies...

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Did you ever look into that little notification pane that's in the upper right hand corner of you old board? The one gives you alerts when someone quotes your post. Really handy I think, then you don't miss replying to someone that has replied to you.

Don't know if VBulletin has that or what... just thought I'd mention it. We can always chip in again for those little add-on goodies...
    I still have been unable to find the specific add-on you speak of. We did try a notification system, but it was too dense and too annoying.

Let;s try this new one. BUT - it doesn't notify on quotes and what not, at least that I can see. You can add notifications, but I have to learn how. This is kinda a demo version, without all the functions, but we'll get the idea. I noticed already at least a direct to inbox link.

--

VbNotifications:

Extend the default vBulletin notifications system with this feature rich and clever system that will bring new meaning to notifications on your forum!

Uses
    vBNotifications is an advanced notification system that adds greater community involved by means of instant notifications amongst other clever features.

---

Major Features:

Instant Notifications: Notifications are refreshed by ajax which allow for near instant notification!

Mod Compatibility: vBNotifications integrates with 99% of custom modifications.

Global Notifications: VBNotifications allows administrators to set global notifications that all users will see.

Extra Pro Features:

Style Customisation: Users have complete control over the look of their notification bar.

Notification Options: Users are given the option to specify which notifications they would like to be notified about!

Popup Announcement: Pro users are notified within seconds via a popup box which notifications are just in. This is fully configurable by the administrator.

Complete Feature List
    Lite
    Integration
    99% mod integration by default.

Instant Notifications
    Global Notifications
    Time-refreshable notifications i.e. display a global notification every 7 days.

Displays
    Bottom Bar Display
    Notifications displayed in tab form at the bottom of the screen.
    Ability to dismiss notifications using AJAX technology.

Customisation
    Notifications
    Set which notifications that should show permanently on your notification bar.
    Icons
    Set individual tab icons.

Pro
    Configureable Notifications
    Set custom notification message.
    Set instant message content.

Legacy Display - vBNotifications will give administrators the option of keeping the default notification display while maintaining vBNotification functionality.

Customisation
    Customisable Bar
    Set Bar Background Colour.
    Set Bar Tab Colour.
    Set Bar Background Image.
    Notifications
    Set which notifications you should receive.
    Popup Box
    Set default background and text color.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I liked a few posts myself, but the notification did NOT show up. BUT, it still shows in the recent thanks page. Will have to wait and see when someone likes/thanks my own stuff to see how it works. I'll go read around the learn how to add new stuff. I don't mind it not showing my own likes or thanks notifications, since I kinda knew that already myself. But have to see how the rest works, to make sure something else isn't butting heads with it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I already disabled the notifications I just installed. I didn't see much of a difference, and it didn't even show anything that I had thanks or PM's. After disabling it, they showed properly via the old system. Just not much of a difference worthy of working too hard at.

10. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post