Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Are Ghosts Real?

Are Ghosts Real?

Both skeptics and ardent believers in the paranormal admit that supernatural and unexplainable activity—sightings of ghosts, spirits, and/or aliens—is on the rise. If there is no supernatural, what are these apparitions?

Millions of eager viewers are gobbling up popular movies such as Ghost , Casper the Friendly Ghost, Beetlejuice, Ghost Rider, and Ghost Busters. Video fantasy and arcade games featuring ghosts, skeletons, and mummies and beings alive after death are the rage. TV shows such as “The Night Stalker,” “Supernatural,” “The Ghost Whisperer” are skyrocketing. Why do we have such a fascination with death and ghosts, while so many argue that ghosts are merely superstition?

The most logical place to go to get the facts about supernatural things is the Bible, the one authority about things that cannot be seen or explained by natural earthly laws. And indeed, the Bible does indicate that paranormal activity and interest in the spirit world would increase at the very end of time. Even more alarmingly, the Bible warns that these spirits will lure multitudes into worldwide deception .

"And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles , which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." Revelation 16:13-14

With this in mind, how vital it is that we understand what the Bible says about ghosts, spirits, and the afterlife!

Not all Sleight of Hand

People are often fearful of “haunted” buildings, believing that the spirits of the dead are active there. A quick perusal of the Internet will expose many web sites dedicated to ghost photos, videos, and stories. Of course, many of these are ridiculous hoaxes. However, some are more credible and cannot be easily explained away. The question is, what are they?

The Bible teaches that the dead do not come back to haunt houses because they are resting in grave awaiting either of the two resurrections.

Jesus said: " Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth ; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation ." John 5:28-29

"As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. He shall return no more to his house , neither shall his place know him any more ." Job 7:9-10

"While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being. Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. " Psalm 146:2-3

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing , neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun ." Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

Who is responsible for the strange phenomena that provoke fear in so many hearts? It is Satan, the Devil, who wants the world to believe that the dead are not really dead.

"Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die : For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. " Genesis 3:1-5

Skeptics are in Grave Danger
    Many people rationalize that supernatural spiritual manifestations are all merely fraudulent hoaxes. But these people are in great danger of being deceived when they are exposed to a supernatural happening that cannot be explained. While it is true that trickery has often been palmed off as genuine manifestations, there has also been marked exhibitions of supernatural power.

The mysterious rappings with which modern spiritualism began, late in the 19th century, was not the result of human trickery or cunning, but was the direct work of evil angels, who thus introduced one of the most successful of soul-destroying delusions.

Many will be ensnared through the belief that spiritualism is a merely human imposture; when brought face to face with manifestations which they cannot but regard as supernatural, they will be deceived, and will be led to accept them as the great power of God.

http://www.truthaboutdeath.com/are-ghosts-real.asp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are ghosts real? No. I have never seen one shred of verifiable evidence that ghosts are real. Where is the definitive ghost video? Ghosts are like UFOs, the Yeti, the Lochness Monster, the Bermuda Triangle, and the Arc of the Covenant: there is zero definitive evidence that any of it exists. If I'm incorrect, post a link to the evidence that definitively verifies any of that stuff.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually, There is a shitload of evidence in the flying community, including a videotape made by New Zealand news anchor. There is also tapes by austraunauts, radar readings in conjunction with pilot sightings, and taped pilot-control tower coversations. As for ghosts I believe there is too much evidence to support their existance. But hey, for each his own

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .....................

Hell yea I believe in ghosts and UFO's. If anyone doesn't they should visit Virginia City and the Fire Fighters Cemetary, I can't even go there at night. VC was always on unsolved mysteries with various hauntings. Also spend a night on the Queen Mary in southern California, I guarantee you wont sleep at all.

As far as UFO's I live five hours from Area-51 and the TTR and against Government denials both bases exist and are fully functioning. Weather or not they have anything to do with UFO's is unknown but it is part of the Hype. The community around it is all themed on Alien's. The Highway leading to it was renamed by Governor Bob Miller The Extraterrestrial Superhighway. People have seen strange things there for years. I lived in Pahrump about 35-40 miles from the base and I did see some strange things in the sky. Weather they were UFO's or Experimental Aircraft I can't tell you. I can tell you that Area-51 is and has been a Top Secret Aircraft Development Base. I have made a thread about it somewhere here about the companies that hire Security for it and Pilots as the workers are flown in daily from McCarren Airport and Reno Tahoe and the Stead Air Port on Janet Planes(They are the Air Force's code name for these flights) They are Airforce planes flow by civilian contractors. I can post the ad they run in the Las Vegas papers looking for pilots and I am happy to post pictures of the Planes at Mccarren and from a hiltop on a peak by Area 51.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry bout that,

1. There is an under ground spirit world.
    2. Full of demons.
    3. They have a plan to deceive mankind, like Pale Rider said.
    4. I think perhaps space men will visit this planet but are really evil spirits.
    5. Who will try to trick everyone into believing they are ambassadors of Gawd.
    6. On some sort of recruiting mission.
    7. That requires a certain sacrifice.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Are ghosts real? No. I have never seen one shred of verifiable evidence that ghosts are real.
    do you believe that nothing is 'true' until it has been evidenced as true?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .....................

Quote Originally Posted by chesswarsnow View Post
    Sorry bout that,

1. There is an under ground spirit world.
    2. Full of demons.
    3. They have a plan to deceive mankind, like Pale Rider said.
    4. I think perhaps space men will visit this planet but are really evil spirits.
    5. Who will try to trick everyone into believing they are ambassadors of Gawd.
    6. On some sort of recruiting mission.
    7. That requires a certain sacrifice.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    Ummmm we already have those things here, they are called Democrats.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think perhaps space men will visit this planet but are really evil spirits.
    isn't it rather egotistical to assume that God would have created a universe so large that we still can't see the other side of it just so we could say "Oh, aren't those stars pretty!"......

I think we can presume that God created other planets with sentient life.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    isn't it rather egotistical to assume that God would have created a universe so large that we still can't see the other side of it just so we could say "Oh, aren't those stars pretty!"......

I think we can presume that God created other planets with sentient life.....
    True, but it is also rather egotistical to assume that God would send his only to son to die for us.
    "Let me at least not die without a struggle, inglorious, but having done some big thing first, for men to come to know of." - Hector

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Are ghosts real?

Nope!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

True, but it is also rather egotistical to assume that God would send his only to son to die for us.
    ???...egotistical?....hey, it was His idea, not mine.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At the end of the day, I suppose it all depends on what you mean by "ghosts." There's no doubt that the concept of a dead person's spirit coming back to visit the living has always been and will always be an important element of the human psyche. So in that sense, ghosts are very real in our minds, probably because of our obsession with our own deaths.

Apart from that, there will (probably) always be phenomena that science simply won't be able to explain, and some of it might seem to us to be ghosts. And maybe that's exactly what it is, but we won't be able to confirm or deny it.
    If you're worth less than $5 million and you vote for McCain, you're a loser.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Are ghosts real? No. I have never seen one shred of verifiable evidence that ghosts are real. Where is the definitive ghost video? Ghosts are like UFOs, the Yeti, the Lochness Monster, the Bermuda Triangle, and the Arc of the Covenant: there is zero definitive evidence that any of it exists. If I'm incorrect, post a link to the evidence that definitively verifies any of that stuff.
    I don't think you can declare there is no such things as ghosts any more than people can declare there are. I've seen some compelling evidence that there is. I watch "Most Haunted" just about every Friday night on the travel channel. One time they were on Alcatraz Island inside the old prison where many, MANY people say they've seen, heard, and been touched by things that aren't there, but they had an infrared camera set up next to a night vision camera. The night vision camera didn't pick up anything, at the same time, pointed at the same place, when the infrared camera picked up an image in the outline of a person walking out of one wall, crossed the corridor, and through the other wall. I'd call that pretty hard to explain.

I've also been witness to a couple different things. Once, when I was very young, my brother and I heard a VERY loud hissing in our bedroom. We had been talking about the devil. We both started screaming, but I could hear the hissing OVER our screams. Funny thing was, as soon as my father opened the door and burst into the room, it quit. It's also very funny that HE didn't HEAR it. Why not? I could hear it OVER my screaming with my blankets pulled over my head. HE SHOULD HAVE HEARD IT TOO.... but didn't.

Another time, years later, in Virginia City, Montana, my friends and I were having a few beers, and we got this great idea to check out this big old empty house that had belonged to the town banker back in the late 1800's. He died unexpectedly, and his black wife reportedly a few years later committed suicide, both died in the house. We went around the house looking for a way in. The windows were all locked as well as the doors. So my friend boosted me up onto the roof. I found a window I could open and let myself in. I found my way downstairs finally, because the house is quite large, and let the others in. We went through the whole house, the basements, the attic, and were standing in the living room when we heard foot steps coming towards us from back towards the kitchen. We all got instantly scared shitless and almost busted out the front door getting out. We ran a ways away and watched the house. Nothing. No lights, nothing moving, nothing. I don't think I've ever been quite so scared in my life. It's the unknown. The unexplained. The supernatural. The paranormal. There was no way anyone could have gotten into the house without us knowing. The doors were all locked, the floor creaked, we'd have heard it. And after we exploded from the house running, we watched it for awhile. No one came out. No cars around it, no lights inside, nothing. We told a few people about what happened at the risk of getting in trouble for going in there, but found out the same thing had happened to other people in there also. So, we more or less confirmed the rumor... the house IS haunted.

Yes... I believe in ghosts. I'm not sure what they are, but I believe they're there.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 08-21-2007 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I spent several nights on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. I did the tour they run where the actors come out and play their roles as the narrator tells you some of the weird things that happened on the ship. It was really good, very well done. Even in the middle of the day the tour was very atmospheric. I remember being shown the cabin with the bloodstains in the carpet. That one was admittedly weird. From memory a young woman was murdered in the cabin and she bled on the carpet. Apparently they have tried to remove the blood stains (they are very faded) but they keep coming back.

Of course that could be a load of old tosh, I don't know. Still, it was a great tour around the ship.

Okay, I did have a problem getting to sleep that night.....but then I have a fiercely active imagination.
    "Unbloodybreakable" DCI Gene Hunt, 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diuretic View Post
    I spent several nights on the Queen Mary in Long Beach. I did the tour they run where the actors come out and play their roles as the narrator tells you some of the weird things that happened on the ship. It was really good, very well done. Even in the middle of the day the tour was very atmospheric. I remember being shown the cabin with the bloodstains in the carpet. That one was admittedly weird. From memory a young woman was murdered in the cabin and she bled on the carpet. Apparently they have tried to remove the blood stains (they are very faded) but they keep coming back.

Of course that could be a load of old tosh, I don't know. Still, it was a great tour around the ship.

Okay, I did have a problem getting to sleep that night.....but then I have a fiercely active imagination.
    That sounds like it was a lot of fun. I'd love to do that myself.

No strange sounds or anything in the night?

Alcatraz isn't very far from where I am. San Franfreakshow is just over the hills, maybe four hours from Reno. There's an evening tour of it that last about an hour and a half through the place, and it's pretty cheap. I REALLY want to take that tour.