Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Leaving Syria?

According to the news this AM, Trump went off-topic at one of his little rallies and stated the US would be pulling out of Syria "soon". Which of course was immediately relegated to second place to the leftwingnut media reminding everyone Trump said no more telegraphing our moves.

Simple E-1 - E-3 Lesson in Strategy and Tactics for dumbass, partisan leftwingnuts who are so busy looking to find fault they don't know what are talking about. as usual.

1. Do not tell your enemies NOR your allies your plans anymore than you need them to know.

2. TELL YOUR enemies, and the MSM, any plans you WANT them to know.

3. Repeat as often as necessary to get it through granite brain-housing groups of leftwingnuts who'd rather point a finger than do something right.

It doesn't matter if you tell all the idiots involved you're pulling out of Syria "soon". Which I hope is the plan rather than one of Trump's little bargaining games. It means nothing to your enemies and allows any allies you may have to adjust accordingly.

Except for the idea of completely wiping ISIS off the face of the Earth, we have nothing else to gain in Syria. Trump reportedly said let THEM take care of it. I agree.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    According to the news this AM, Trump went off-topic at one of his little rallies and stated the US would be pulling out of Syria "soon". Which of course was immediately relegated to second place to the leftwingnut media reminding everyone Trump said no more telegraphing our moves.

Simple E-1 - E-3 Lesson in Strategy and Tactics for dumbass, partisan leftwingnuts who are so busy looking to find fault they don't know what are talking about. as usual.

1. Do not tell your enemies NOR your allies your plans anymore than you need them to know.

2. TELL YOUR enemies, and the MSM, any plans you WANT them to know.

3. Repeat as often as necessary to get it through granite brain-housing groups of leftwingnuts who'd rather point a finger than do something right.

It doesn't matter if you tell all the idiots involved you're pulling out of Syria "soon". Which I hope is the plan rather than one of Trump's little bargaining games. It means nothing to your enemies and allows any allies you may have to adjust accordingly.

Except for the idea of completely wiping ISIS off the face of the Earth, we have nothing else to gain in Syria. Trump reportedly said let THEM take care of it. I agree.
    You know I like trump but can military brass pull on his heart strings?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Odd you mention that. The Pentagon is the one that got caught by surprise and began sputtering a bunch of "but's" and "we don't know's".

IF all we have in Syria are the alleged "200 advisers" then I'm calling bullshit. If you can't pull out a mere 200 relatively unsupported "adviser" in a "soon" timetable, you suck and need to be relieved of command. The air support is NOT based in Syria.

The "issue" is the Kurds that we are supporting and have supported us since the First Gulf War, and whatever outside those 200 advisers is invested in toppling Assad.

After the First Gulf War, the kurds carved out a nice little niche in Northern Iraq and Syria that we protected under the "no-fly zone" which Turkey has been pissed about the whole time. Apparently some of these kurds bleed over into Turkey and are trying to stake part of Turkey as well.

I play hardball with them (which I doubt Trump will). Get your kurd asses out of both Syria and Turkey and into Iraq or lose our support. I'm not keen on helping set up a caliphate anyway. I would reward solely the loyalty with a "take what you can get and be glad of it" offer and tell Erdogan to fuck off and die. Turkey will be surrounded by Russia/Russian allies (Syria and Iran) so don't piss off your most powerful NATO ally with Putin breathing down everyone's neck and willing to do as he pleases. Turkey would be russia's biggest payday yet. Complete control of the Black Sea and all access to it. then he could finish strangling Ukraine.

I think the do-gooders and "democracy bringer dreamers" are the ones that will be all in Trump's ear. The CIA probably next in line because who f-ing knows what kind of nefarious sh*t the spooks are up to in Syria.

Russia is NOT going to let Syria go and it's nothing we have had nor need. A cynic might say this is tossing Putin a bone in view of the NATO sanctions. Trump seems to like Putin for some reason. I doubt he's afraid of him. I'd calling playing smart and not getting further involved in bullshit like we did in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

That whole region is a mess.

Yeah, let's support the good guys, but there is a foggy image of who is viewed as "Good".

Kurds do deserve a parcel of what they once called a homeland. Turkey is being an obstinate
    barrier to that.

Syria and their Communist leanings needs to be put in place like the 3rd world cesspool they are.

Iran. Just a pure pile of crap. Supports and encourages Islamic terror organizations. Time is
    really coming to make that wasteland a sheet of glass.

The scant UN presence in that region is pathetic.

And your @Gunny reference to disclosing strategy or plans? Right on the mark.
    Do NOT reveal that shit. Let it come as a surprise and see how the 3rd world tough boys react.
    Last edited by Elessar; 03-30-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post

**Trump doesn't make decisions on his own concerning the military and its operations...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    That whole region is a mess.

Yeah, let's support the good guys, but there is a foggy image of who is viewed as "Good".

Kurds do deserve a parcel of what they once called a homeland. Turkey is being an obstinate
    barrier to that.

Syria and their Communist leanings needs to be put in place like the 3rd world cesspool they are.

Iran. Just a pure pile of crap. Supports and encourages Islamic terror organizations. Time is
    really coming to make that wasteland a sheet of glass.

The scant UN presence in that region is pathetic.

And your @Gunny reference to disclosing strategy or plans? Right on the mark.
    Do NOT reveal that shit. Let it come as a surprise and see how the 3rd world tough boys react.
    I don't know that the kurds "deserve" anything. I don't know what "homeland" you mean. If they had one it was eons ago. Prior to WWI, Assyria was part of the Ottoman Empire (Turkey) as was most of the Middle East for centuries. After WWI, there was no Kurdistan.

I believe the notion of a "Kurdistan" came out of the First Gulf War. A romantic notion because at the time, Saddam was still in power in Iraq and Lord only knows how we love to "bring democracy" (spelled: c-h-a-o-s). Turkey tried to go after the kurds during the First Gulf war and we held them back. Turkey inherited a bunch of refugees as a result of the war, and those refugees are the ones who have been raising hell with Turkey. In wanting them out of Turkey for that reason, I don't fault Erdogan. I fault him for being a typical, arrogant-ass, Persian-Turk who needs his jaw slapped off his face. The way he's gone about it by insulting the US which is all that stood between Turkey and the USSR during the Cold War pisses me off. He better watch any deals he makes with Putin; although, I'm not sure which country is the more arrogant and self-serving.

Iran is our enemy. Russia is apparently setting itself up to once again be an enemy. Syria is not communist leaning. Syria is Syria leaning and we've been after the Assad's since the current one's father. They have dealt with France and Russia mostly. Assad is going to come out of THIS one with a lot less than he thinks.

If this turns into a full-fledged war, it's going to be REAL ugly. Drawing back to lines we can support is just common sense. When we can just watch them kill each other, or Russia, Syria and Turkey wipe out ISIS, sounds like sensible strategy to me. We are not obligated to Syria for anything. What we Are obligated to is enough. Why try ti break up a fight and get beat up by both sides?

I would, after all this crap though, do some real hard looking at Turkey. If not for its strategic importance, I'd cut them adrift.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    **Trump doesn't make decisions on his own concerning the military and its operations...

The JCS got caught with their pants down on this one it seems.