Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
One of the worst things about having a government and health system largely run by males is that they totally misunderstand the uses of birth control. Contraception is only one of the reasons why parents obtain birth control for their daughters.
I get really annoyed listening to overly pontifical adults stating that they refuse to obtain birth control for their daughters because it would "give them a license to go out and have sex." What they are really doing is denying girls a vital health aid.
Birth control is often prescribed to regulate irregular or absent menstrual periods, heavy bleeding, menstrual cramps, acne, PMS, and to treat conditions such as endometriosis, Primary Ovarian Insufficiency and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
One of the worst things about being an overly-opinionated, know-it-all wannabe feminist is not knowing when you are preaching to the choir. And blaming shit on men. I raised my daughter on my own just fine.

She was on the pill to regulate her period. It worked for me. It did not give her a license to go out and do anything. I just had enough common sense to know that no matter what I taught her at home or she learned in school or church, when smartypants little 15 years old females get all goey eyed over some "hot" dude they will do ANYTHING for acceptance.

I had a hard enough time dealing with her without dealing with a pregnant 15 years old then her kid. I was still deploying and going out to the field all the time as it was. I didn't have the luxury of being a starry-eyed parent whose kid could do no wrong.