It's not really a privacy issue, is it?

It's continual harassment, predatory hunting of the customer.

Nearly all our calls are sales calls, three and four reminders about service calls, and trick calls from MedStar or Comcast that call us but no one is there to speak when we pick up.

I finally had a moment of truth and realized I don't have to let these predators into my home, and we shut off the ringers! Now if there is a light blinking on the phone, Himself picks it up and listens to the message. I'm out: and it's such an incredible relief.

Same with Facebook. During these hearings, they sent me a message that I should wish my husband happy birthday on Facebook, this after I have "opted out" of messges like that maybe four times already in 2018 and maybe 7 times last year, but they don't pay any attention to that.

When I logged in, they said it was a very strange password and from a different location and blocked me! It was the same table and same computer I originally joined Facebook from, lo, these many years ago, so that made no sense, and they had prompted me to log in anyway. The ways to confirm my identity were very hard --- too hard. I had to give them my cell phone number to text a code (I never use it and don't text anyway) OR call up or visit three of five friends they gave me photos of and get them to all put a code in for me. That wasn't going to happen. I got help and we got in finally after a few days and I immediately deactivated my account. I never use it anyway. I should have deleted it, but they made it incredibly hard so I thought I'd do that later. I suppose that lets Facebook still count me as a customer.......bad decision. But hopefully that will stop the predatory emails.

Next stop: my Twitter account, years old, I never go there.

It's not the identity theft that is the problem in this "privacy" crisis. It's the continual battle by scammers, sellers, and stealers to get our attention 24/7 and talk us into sending them money. It can eat up our whole life, all our attention, for their benefit.