Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    If we're speculating it's also possible, since Neither Syria or Russia needed Chem weapons to defeat "the rebels"/ISIS/AQ,
    that they'd be happy to hear that the U.S was going to pull out. And the only people unhappy would be those that want "regime change" via U.S. forces.
    Trump and U.S troops leaving is the last thing the rebels/ISIS/AQ wanted. the last thing that Saudi Arabia, other Arab states, Israel or the oil companies wanted. Heck it's the last thing John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Rex Tillerson, John Bolton, and the usual suspect neo-cons wanted. The regime change backers and/or the "the rebels" could easily set up a chem "attack" and blame Assad just to force Trump to stay in the game. BTW the "Attacks" were in the "rebel" controlled areas, and the reportage is from "the rebels". Not independent sources, nothing confirmed.

Trump did in fact have other options. 1st of all PROVE publicly the details of the crime. that's a start. that'd put Syria and Russia in the worse light. Next follow the constitution and international law. Follow the words of his campaign promises.

the U.S. leaving Syria is exactly what Assad and Russia has wanted from the start. the best thing for them would be to do nothing.
    it makes ZERO sense for them to use chemical weapons on anyone.

If we're speculating, that makes more sense objectively speaking IMO.
    There was an opportunity to teach both Russia and Syria that the use of chemical weapons against civilian populations WILL NOT be tolerated.

That opportunity was taken. It was taken, and as a result, facilities needed by Syria for future such attacks were destroyed. And, this is a BAD thing ?

Revelarts, why do you REALLY hate what was done ? Why do you Lefties always work to support the wrongdoers ?

Please, explain it to me.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

2. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    There was an opportunity to teach both Russia and Syria that the use of chemical weapons against civilian populations WILL NOT be tolerated.

That opportunity was taken. It was taken, and as a result, facilities needed by Syria for future such attacks were destroyed. And, this is a BAD thing ?

Revelarts, why do you REALLY hate what was done ? Why do you Lefties always work to support the wrongdoers ?

This was not a bad thing. The international community, for the most part, has agreed that chemical weapons will not and should not be tolerated, and was in need of a response.

IMO, the only issue was once again trying to be nice about it. They should have dropped everything they had and eliminated the entire problem.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Drummond, aboutime thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papokarlo View Post
    say it again. air defense 1980 in Syria shot down 73 missiles, they were armed with Syria and not on our bases in Syria
    What do you mean, 'say it again' ... ?

Do you believe that if you tell an untruth 'enough' times, it becomes true ?

NO missiles were shot down. NOT ONE. Claims to the contrary are FALSE.

I pity you. You'd rather believe a lie, because it's Mother Russia that invented it. And you'd rather propagadise on the so-called 'strength' of it, because supporting Mother Russia is preferable to you to supporting the cause of TRUTH and DECENCY.

6. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    This was not a bad thing. The international community, for the most part, has agreed that chemical weapons will not and should not be tolerated, and was in need of a response.

IMO, the only issue was once again trying to be nice about it. They should have dropped everything they had and eliminated the entire problem.

Couldn't agree more, Jim.

8. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default The UNITED NATIONS....all of them, Banned the Use of Chemical Weapons & WMD

The President, with France, and Great Britain acted IN BEHALF of the U.N. Not Congress.

https://www.opcw.org/chemical-weapons-convention/
    Chemical Weapons Convention

Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on their Destruction.
    The Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) comprises a Preamble, 24 Articles, and 3 Annexes—the Annex on Chemicals, the Verification Annex, and the Confidentiality Annex.

The Convention aims to eliminate an entire category of weapons of mass destruction by prohibiting the development, production, acquisition, stockpiling, retention, transfer or use of chemical weapons by States Parties. States Parties, in turn, must take the steps necessary to enforce that prohibition in respect of persons (natural or legal) within their jurisdiction.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

~ "BREAKING: Head of chemical arms watchdog says Russia, Syria cite "pending security issues" before inspectors can visit Douma." ~
    *** Translated into pending destroying-the-evidence operations.
    Now where have we seen this happen before? What were those convoys of trucks leaving Iraq full of?
    Schwan's Ice Cream, Meals, and Cakes?
    Last edited by Elessar; 04-16-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

12. Thanks aboutime, Drummond, Kathianne, LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

would the opportunity be gone if Trump had follow the constitutional and international law?
    the honest answer is no.
    As it is now Trump has clearly and publicly broken U.S. laws as well as international.
    While 'friend and foe' still have no solid proof that Assad is guilty of the "chemical" Attack. Or even have solid details about the attack at all.

I know folks like yourself don't question U.S. military actions EVER. And think the U.S. military can do no wrong and every attack made by them is always justified somehow. But many people around the world are more objective.
    I know folks like yourself can't imagine that Trump could have made a mistake or might be wrong, and won't allow the question to be seriously considered. I mean it's AMERICA right, and Trump's a mainly man. But some folks in the U.S. and elsewhere are more objective.

they say they were chemical facilities. I guess i should just take the gov'ts word for it. the gov't never lies.
    And as far as it being a "BAD THING". um, personally I'm not the 1st one to appeal to the law before saying a good deed should get done. But when it comes to shooting missiles in other peoples countries. I tend to think that international law should be followed BEFORE that happens. and call me crazy but i tend to think that Presidents of the U.S. should follow the LAW of our country 1st and foremost. Trump told Obama to follow it before he struck Syria, and in that case Obama DID follow it. (not elsewhere but that's another story) Trump has gone back on his word, and turned his back on the constitution in this case.
    Is it a BAD THING to point that out?
    or is blind loyalty for Trump and support for any military action the only thing that should be expressed no matter what?

Revelarts, why do you REALLY hate what was done ?
    Drummond why do you assume I have hidden motives?

Why do you Lefties always work to support the wrongdoers ?
    Why can't you fathom that I'm not a "lefty"? Why can't you think beyond a simply left/right box and look at each issue based on it's own considerations of morals, law and objective reality.
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-16-2018 at 09:24 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Sir Drummond....

Please ignore rev. He hates anybody that he disagree's with, in any way. He will always insist, he, and only he is correct, while WE are all wrong about everything. You see. Rev is a self-appointed expert on BS, and he spreads it so evenly; he should get the award for Hypocrisy at DP.

If I am wrong. Just watch the way he responds to my post here, and you will soon see. Not only Does He Hate Donald Trump....even YOU, can become one of his troublesome DP members that he will eventually ignore...rather than HONESTLY answer questions.
    So, this is for them.

15. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Please ignore rev. He hates anybody that he disagree's with, in any way. He will always insist, he, and only he is correct, while WE are all wrong about everything. You see. Rev is a self-appointed expert on BS, and he spreads it so evenly; he should get the award for Hypocrisy at DP.

If I am wrong. Just watch the way he responds to my post here, and you will soon see. Not only Does He Hate Donald Trump....even YOU, can become one of his troublesome DP members that he will eventually ignore...rather than HONESTLY answer questions.

....Me...Over time I got use to rev...

"rev"

17. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default I don't want to get used to falsehoods.

....Me...Over time I got use to rev...

"rev"
    It's the entertainment factor of his hypocrisy....like another OBAMA.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

~ "BREAKING: Head of chemical arms watchdog says Russia, Syria cite "pending security issues" before inspectors can visit Douma." ~
    *** Translated into pending destroying-the-evidence operations.
    that is suspicious. But isn't the area a REBEL area. that's why Assad supposely hit it with chem weapons right?
    So are we to believe now that the Syrian/Russian forces have overrun the areas and run out all the rebels/ISIS and it's perfectly safe for inspectors to go in?
    well OK. It's possible.
    hard to tell in a war zone what's going on EITHER WAY isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Now where have we seen this happen before?
    Iraq wasn't a war zone when inspectors were trying to go in there was it?
    just putting a realistic perspective out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    What were those convoys of trucks leaving Iraq full of?
    Schwan's Ice Cream, Meals, and Cakes?
    OK remind me why W didn't stop that convoy again? And how we know what was in them exactly? I mean did we get receipts or manifest or something?
    But I mean hey, maybe it was all chem weapons, my point is I don't know.
    But W and Rumsfeld said they had "bad intel" about all those WMDs in general.
    And finally that the WMds weren't there in the quantity or places they thought. But some W supporters keep saying they know better than W Bush and Rummy here. And that Syria got all those WMDs. So that intel is the "good intel" right?
    I'm not sure why we should buy that.
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-16-2018 at 09:49 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

that is suspicious. But isn't the area a REBEL area. that's why Assad supposely hit it with chem weapons right?
    So are we to believe now that the Syrian/Russian forces have overrun the areas and run out all the rebels/ISIS and it's perfectly safe for inspectors to go in?
    well OK. It's possible.
    hard to tell in a war zone what's going on EITHER WAY isn't it.

OK remind me why W didn't stop that convoy again? And how we know what was in them exactly? I mean did we get receipts or manifest or something?
    But I mean hey, maybe it was all chem weapons.
    And finally that the WMds weren't there in the quantity or places they thought. But some W supporters keep saying they know better than W Bush and Rummy here. And that Syria got all those WMDs. So that intel is the "good intel" right?
    So, this is for them.

21. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Rev doesn't agree we ith everyone here all the time, lol, but he was writing the same about activities of GWB and Obama during similar situations. He hasn't changed what he thinks pn issues or the Constitution.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

well OK. It's possible.
    hard to tell in a war zone what's going on EITHER WAY isn't it?

But I mean hey, maybe it was all chem weapons, my point is I don't know.

"So rev...your smarter than me and all my intelligence resources??

"...Ok rev...tell you what...send me your resume and I will check it out OK?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)