Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
BOTH sides are responsible for worrying more about fighting, and power, than they do trying to actually fix problems. You know which side I'll blame more - but it takes two as they say.

It's hard to get things done when the other side spends every waking hour working against you, and voting against you, simply because they are the other side. And it pretty much happens the same way when the other is in power. This needs a way of getting fixed, but I'm clueless as to how.

As for Trump/Cohen, I have no issue with an investigation, but I do have an issue with plenty of what they seized. Doing this to the president, and to his personal attorney, and the attorney/client privilege that exists - the precedent being set is mind boggling and scary.
I agree that both sides do it, but in my lifetime, I have never seen any political party go after a sitting President as relentlessly and completely as the Dems are going after Trump. And I am including Nixon. At least in that case he was allowed to do his job for a while, first. The attacks on Trump started before he was even sworn in.

I am just hoping that America sees the witch hunt for what it is, and finds the unfairness extremely distasteful, because this subterranean level dirty partisan politics will never end. Just the fact that Hillary is free, while they attack Trump, is gross.

I think I posted back a few months about how the worm has turned in American politics with the Trump era. To use another metaphor, the horse is out of the barn.