Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    As for Trump/Cohen, I have no issue with an investigation, but I do have an issue with plenty of what they seized. Doing this to the president, and to his personal attorney, and the attorney/client privilege that exists - the precedent being set is mind boggling and scary.
    Why? Cohen has been Trumps fixer for like 20 years. Of course he's going to be targeted in the investigation. A republican attorney appointed by Trump had to convince a republican judge appointed by Trump that the raid was warranted. How can that be any less clean? Who are you to disagree and with what authority?
    Last edited by pete311; 04-15-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    You guys have absolutely zero idea how investigations and prosecutions happen along with near no knowledge of the actual investigation and yet still cry foul.
    Oh Really?

And I suppose in your dream world of CSI heroics you have experience?

Try again basement boy.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    This thread, the article linked in first post really have 0 to do with Russia or Mueller. It's about how the stuff on Cohen has moved from Mueller to NYSA and how that may be tied to legally bringing down Trump.

Surprise, I'm not a fan of his, though he's already done more than other Presidents that I liked more. Go figure.

What concerns me is how both extremes are now taking the position of destroying the other side is a win, even if they lose what was built over two hundred years ago.
    Be quiet, woman. I'm taking up for you. Least you can do is let me.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Why? Cohen has been Trumps fixer for like 20 years. Of course he's going to be targeted in the investigation. A republican attorney appointed by Trump had to convince a republican judge appointed by Trump that the raid was warranted. How can that be any less clean? Who are you to disagree and with what authority?
    Because attorneys and clients have that privilege. Can you post a photo of the warrant - that states the intended search is for private phone calls? There are overreaches beyond what a warrant allows for all the time, and I think this is one of them.

And you can stop with who appointed these folks - that see Mueller involved and likely don't want to be a part of the witch hunt. Really, I truly don't care WHO is the judge and prosecutor - none of that means that the president of the USA should have such privilege taken away.

Who am I to disagree? I am a citizen of the USA, and am entitled to voice my opinion and disagree when I choose to.

Who are YOU to disagree? My little bitch, that's who.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

He's simply not very bright. But he makes for a good little beotch for me.
    It seems every site keeps a chew toy on hand to relieve boredom!

Pete is DP's, even though he insists on staying around what he called a 'shit-hole.

Outhouse fly is all he is then.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

6. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Cool story bro. So we are going with the claim that Gunny has connections to the Mueller investigation? Got it.
    Why must you always put words that were not spoken into other folk's mouths?

A Deplorable!

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Cool story bro. So we are going with the claim that Gunny has connections to the Mueller investigation? Got it.

Put your bong down for a moment and try to focus. See, this sort of idiocy is why you lose at a startling rate.

YOU made the call that we're a bunch of idiots and don't know what we're talking about, when YOU have been proven to be wrong damn near every time you open your mouth.

How do you justify that?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This is exactly what happens when you elect a mob boss...
    You TRULY are PATHETIC... and that's actually putting it mild.

Could I ask, for real... what made you so retarded?

12. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Because attorneys and clients have that privilege. Can you post a photo of the warrant - that states the intended search is for private phone calls? There are overreaches beyond what a warrant allows for all the time, and I think this is one of them.

And you can stop with who appointed these folks - that see Mueller involved and likely don't want to be a part of the witch hunt. Really, I truly don't care WHO is the judge and prosecutor - none of that means that the president of the USA should have such privilege taken away.

Who am I to disagree? I am a citizen of the USA, and am entitled to voice my opinion and disagree when I choose to.

Who are YOU to disagree? My little bitch, that's who.
    https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...privilege.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Russia doe not have special forces. SPEZNAZ. I remember.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

BOTH sides are responsible for worrying more about fighting, and power, than they do trying to actually fix problems. You know which side I'll blame more - but it takes two as they say.

It's hard to get things done when the other side spends every waking hour working against you, and voting against you, simply because they are the other side. And it pretty much happens the same way when the other is in power. This needs a way of getting fixed, but I'm clueless as to how.

As for Trump/Cohen, I have no issue with an investigation, but I do have an issue with plenty of what they seized. Doing this to the president, and to his personal attorney, and the attorney/client privilege that exists - the precedent being set is mind boggling and scary.
    I agree that both sides do it, but in my lifetime, I have never seen any political party go after a sitting President as relentlessly and completely as the Dems are going after Trump. And I am including Nixon. At least in that case he was allowed to do his job for a while, first. The attacks on Trump started before he was even sworn in.

I am just hoping that America sees the witch hunt for what it is, and finds the unfairness extremely distasteful, because this subterranean level dirty partisan politics will never end. Just the fact that Hillary is free, while they attack Trump, is gross.

I think I posted back a few months about how the worm has turned in American politics with the Trump era. To use another metaphor, the horse is out of the barn.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post