Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Totally Out Of Frickin' Hand...

I've had it. I have moved away from Wisconsin before because I was SICK AND TIRED OF WINTER. Well, for one reason or another I always move back, and it doesn't take long before I'm wondering what in the hell did I do that for? It is true that you can buy homes and property for practically pennies on the dollar here compared to the majority of America elsewhere, but there comes a point where you have to ask yourself, IS... IT... WORTH IT? I'm there... AGAIN... when I look outside and THIS is what I see, my day is RUINED. It depresses me beyond words. The AVERAGE high for this time of year here is 56 DEGREES!!! Does THIS look like 56 DEGREES to you? NO, me neither. It's 24 degrees and looks like fucking JANUARY.

I don't know what's going on, but I really DO believe people are screwing with the weather. Trying to make it rain more in drought areas and what not, "salting clouds," but it's taking longer and longer each year for WINTER to GO AWAY up north here. "Global warming," BULL SHIT. It isn't NATURAL. By now we've usually had an EIGHTY DEGREE DAY, but this year we haven't even hit fucking SIXTY yet. This, I believe, is the COLDEST April in Wisconsin's HISTORY to this point. I'm so sick of winter and cold I could VOMIT. I truly do HATE winter. The ONLY reason I am here is because of FAMILY. My 89 year old mother. If she was gone, I would be making plans to move back down south AS WE SPEAK.

I've had it. I will at LEAST be moving, buy a nice sized camper trailer, WAY up on the priority list. If I don't move back down south, I'm at least going to start spending winter months down there, starting THIS YEAR.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-15-2018 at 09:46 AM.

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Black Diamond, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I've had it. I have moved away from Wisconsin before because I was SICK AND TIRED OF WINTER. Well, for one reason or another I always move back, and it doesn't take long before I'm wondering what in the hell did I do that for? It is true that you can buy homes and property for practically pennies on the dollar here compared to the majority of America elsewhere, but there comes a point where you have to ask yourself, IS... IT... WORTH IT? I'm there... AGAIN... when I look outside and THIS is what I see, my day is RUINED. It depresses me beyond words. The AVERAGE high for this time of year here is 56 DEGREES!!! Does THIS look like 56 DEGREES to you? NO, me neither. It's 24 degrees and looks like fucking JANUARY.

I don't know what's going on, but I really DO believe people are screwing with the weather. Trying to make it rain more in drought areas and what not, "salting clouds," but it's taking longer and longer each year for WINTER to GO AWAY up north here. "Global warming," BULL SHIT. It isn't NATURAL. By now we've usually had an EIGHTY DEGREE DAY, but this year we haven't even hit fucking SIXTY yet. This, I believe, is the COLDEST April in Wisconsin's HISTORY to this point. I'm so sick of winter and cold I could VOMIT. I truly do HATE winter. The ONLY reason I am here is because of FAMILY. My 89 year old mother. If she was gone, I would be making plans to move back down south AS WE SPEAK.

I've had it. I will at LEAST be moving, buy a nice sized camper trailer, WAY up on the priority list. If I don't move back down south, I'm at least going to start spending winter months down there, starting THIS YEAR.

4. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Planning a trip down south right now. I've had it... done... can't take anymore of this shit.

Going to talk to some realtors and check prices. I'm sure I if I sell out lock, stock 'n barrel I can come up with a pretty penny for a new home.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-15-2018 at 10:21 AM.

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

haha I feel your pain WI brother. I want to start gardening.

8. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    haha I feel your pain WI brother. I want to start gardening.
    Is it just me, or is winter hanging on longer and longer every year?

I can tell because I have about half an acre of Black Walnut trees, and they don't produce nuts unless it's a normal spring. Out of the 8 years I've owned this place I've only seen walnuts twice, and that's because of winter hanging on for so long. Only saw Morel mushrooms twice as well, same reason. It has to be warm and get rain. Would love to see more of those since they sell for $30 a pound.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-15-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Don't let it get you down, summer is coming very soon.

We just had two days in the 80s here in Delaware, now we are back down to the low 40s. No snow. Unlike you, I am thrilled that it got cooler again.

I hate heat and all the people that summer brings outdoors. It's like a cosmic rock turns over, and all the roaches crawl out!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

11. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I feel your pain HPD. I was born and raised on the shores of Lake Michigan an hour north of Milwaukee. Saw too many white Halloweens and white Easters for my taste and moved to the ATL in 1982. I admit it wasn't specifically because of the weather rather the wisdom of Jimmy Carter and his 'malaise days'. Just couldn't find work up north after graduating from the UW. I just took this picture off my front porch. Rainy day in the 60's and the dogwoods and azaleas are past their prime but still nicer to look at than a foot of snow. It was close to eighty degrees yesterday and I've been wearing shorts and tee shirts to work for a couple of weeks now.

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Is it just me, or is winter hanging on longer and longer every year?

I can tell because I have about half an acre of Black Walnut trees, and they don't produce nuts unless it's a normal spring. Out of the 8 years I've owned this place I've only seen walnuts twice, and that's because of winter hanging on for so long. Only saw Morel mushrooms twice as well, same reason. It has to be warm and get rain. Would love to see more of those since they sell for $30 a pound.
    Last few falls were really nice and long. Guess it evens out with terrible springs.

15. Thanks Abbey Marie, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

My son and his family as well as the majority of my family still live up and down the eastern half of Wisconsin. My son sent me this pic from Wausau this morning. I guess the nice thing about spring snow is that you can clear the walk in your shorts. What level of sunscreen spf to you use for reflection off of snow?

17. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Last few falls were really nice and long. Guess it evens out with terrible springs.
    You see, Pete, I will talk to you like any other person cordially, just so long as that's the way they talk to me.

I'm sure there's lots of stories you have to tell that people would be interested in, so why don't you try and engage folks here on a more personal level, and leave the politics out of it?

You might make a friend... maybe not... worth a try... aye?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-15-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

One forum member who lives in Minnesota had 16 inches on the ground as of ~1700 Central
    Time yesterday with more falling!

Sheesh! All we got was rain!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

20. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Mid april and three inches of snow and slush. Wish I was in Texas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    My son and his family as well as the majority of my family still live up and down the eastern half of Wisconsin. My son sent me this pic from Wausau this morning. I guess the nice thing about spring snow is that you can clear the walk in your shorts. What level of sunscreen spf to you use for reflection off of snow?

@FakeNewsSux ... IDK how you're trying to display a pic on the board, but this is all I see...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Mid april and three inches of snow and slush. Wish I was in Texas.
    Got a nephew, niece and ex BIL in Tampa. Been talking with them pretty much all day.

I even talked to a person that has a nice looking camper trailer with a slide out on this lot downtown. Since it's basically a garage station/car lot I asked if they would be interested in a trade for a Harley. Pretty much going to blow that off though because the person I talked to sounded like an utter MORON.

But MOVING is CERTAINLY on the agenda now. I'm so sick of PERPETUAL WINTER in Wisconsin I could VOMIT.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-15-2018 at 07:06 PM.

24. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Got a nephew, niece and ex BIL in Tampa. Been talking with them pretty much all day.

I even talked a person that has a nice looking camper trailer with a slide out on this lot downtown. Since it's basically a garage station/car lot I asked if they would be interested in a trade for a Harley. Pretty much going to blow that off though because the person I talked to sounded like an utter MORON.

But MOVING is CERTAINLY on the agenda now. I'm so sick of PERPETUAL WINTER in Wisconsin I could VOMIT.
    Across the pond is the same or worse. I am guessing we will end up in Tampa Bay Area. Wife loves the water and the beach.
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 04-15-2018 at 06:31 PM.

26. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post