Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Thanks for the heads up HPD. All I'm doing is right clicking on my pics and selecting copy image and pasting them in the reply box. Is everyone else seeing the same thing? When I post it, the pics come up fine. Is there a preferred way to post pics? I tried the insert image icon above but couldn't get it to work.
    Yeah that won't work, pard. The board works on HTML - Hypertext Markup Language - you need a link. You need to either use the image hosting here on this site or an off site image hosting website that gives you a link.

You can click on the image icon in the menu above the message window...... and it will ask you to upload a picture from your computer. That's the easiest way other than using another image hosting website that will give you a link.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-15-2018 at 08:38 PM.

2. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This is a test pic to see if I uploaded it correctly. This is my nephew in Green Bay. They have 23.5 inches on the ground with more on the way tomorrow and Wednesday

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    This is a test pic to see if I uploaded it correctly. This is my nephew in Green Bay. They have 23.5 inches on the ground with more on the way tomorrow and Wednesday

You got it now! GOOD GOING!!

And this is reason right here why I've been talking to people down south and making plans to get the HELL OTTA WISCONSIN ALL DAY.

5. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I know where you're coming from, but CA isn't even on the map. When a tiny little house like 800 square feet in a shit neighborhood costs $750,000... no thank you.
    You are talking about the Bay Area. I live in Huntington Beach, an upscale community in Orange County. We have a three bedroom home that is much more than 800 sf for around $900,000. Nice neighborhood, excellent schools.
    I am quite happy to live in a more expensive area to avoid having seven months of winter. My preference would be no months of winter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You are talking about the Bay Area. I live in Huntington Beach, an upscale community in Orange County. We have a three bedroom home that is much more than 800 sf for around $900,000. Nice neighborhood, excellent schools.
    I am quite happy to live in a more expensive area to avoid having seven months of winter. My preference would be no months of winter.
    Good God... $900,000.00.... are you SHTTING me... if I sell out I'll have about $250,000 tops to spend, and in suburban Florida that will buy one hellova a nice home.

Cal is just absolutely in outer space as far as home prices. Pretty much the same thing in Montana where my sister lives. They bought their house as a fixer upper almost 45 years ago for a tad over $20G, and now it's on the Montana registrar of historic homes and it's worth almost a million. The land value in Montana has sky rocketed BECAUSE of all the people selling out in CA and moving there. Problem is, they either buy or build, and when they build they build huge mansions and then decide they don't like Montana winters and want to leave, so there's this gluten of huge mansions in Montana for sale, million plus, and it just fucks up the land prices for everyone else.

My home here, I have an acre and a half, a three bay, two story shop, heated, renovated, and a small house, paid $79,500 for it, but this property in Reno where I came from would be worth $350,000 easy. A bare acre with no road, power, water, septic, nothing, just land, in Reno goes for $125,000.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Exactly why I have never ever thought of living up North.. Winter is the season that I truly loathe.
    Southern born and bred, live in winter conditions near year round, rather be dead.
    Was bad enough being raised in Northeast Arkansas as a kid, in the 50's, 60's and 70's.
    Something in my nature, my genes, tells me that cold weather, heavy/snow/blizzards are an abomination.-
    Moving farther South, even down to Florida is a great plan, my sister moved to Florida last year.
    She always hated the cold too. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

9. Thanks Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    No ice storms, no tornados, no earthquakes. ..... and 30 minutes from Tucson you are in pine forests if you want green. And housing is cheaper.
    I remember a Boy Scout camp on Mt. Lemon. That is where I saw my first mountain lion in the wild.
    Then one year we camped in the White Mountains...real rough camping with all the cooking over an open fire,
    but great trout fishing.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

11. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Hurricanes!
    Yes, but they are not surprises, like tornadoes or earthquakes. Plenty of heads up, to decide whether or not one needs to seek higher ground.

I've not spent much time on Florida's southwest coast, but plenty time on the Gulf in Florida panhandle. I LOVE IT!
    We were stationed in Jacksonville, Florida for 11 years. We loved it!
    I keep trying the wife that wet should move to southwest Florida. About ten more years in the PNW and hopefully after real retirement, we'll get to move to Florida or Texas.

I worked with a guy, in the Navy, in Connecticut. He was from Ohio. He absolutely hated snow. He was getting out of the Navy. When asked where he was moving to, he said, "I don't know. I'm going to tie a snow shovel to the front of our van and drive south. When someone says, 'WTF is that?' I'll know that I've gone far enough."
    I always loved that answer!
    Telling someone they have to be “politically correct” is a violation of their 1st Amendment right.
    People’s feelings are NOT protected, under the US Constitution.

13. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I'm thinking high humidity all the time, alligators, and huge bugs.

But you seem determined.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

15. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I'm thinking high humidity all the time, alligators, and huge bugs.

But you seem determined.
    That's true... the humidity can be stifling, and since it never freezes, the bugs are gargantuan, the biggest spiders I've ever seen in my life, and fleas and cock roaches are a real problem. Never heard of 'gators being a problem around Tampa, but I know you have to keep your eyes peeled in other places in the state.

I've been giving this a LOT of thought, about ALL things I have here that I wouldn't have in Florida. Here in Wisconsin I have 250,000 acres of DNR land to go play in that's just a couple miles from me, and there's millions more all over the state. I have friends that own 500 and 600+ plus acre farms I can go hunt or shooting on, and that DNR land is going to open up to ATV's and UTV's. That's one of the cool things about Wisconsin, there's a lot of land. I have no idea where I'd ever go shoot my guns in Florida, and I hate ranges. I don't like being around a lot of other people shooting guns that I don't know. Having LAND to go play or shooting on is a big deal in my book. Another thing is, I have friends here that I have known for 30+ years. They're old, dear friends. I used to bartend here at a bunch of different places way back in the day, so I got to know a lot of people, and in small town Wisconsin, you just get to know a lot of people, I don't know if that means anything to anyone else, but that means a lot to me. I like having old friends that I know I can trust under any circumstances. Starting all over making new friends seems like a daunting task at my age, since I don't really trust anyone I don't know.

So... after sleeping on it and much thought, I think the best thing for me to do is go back to my plan to buy a nice trailer, one with a bathroom and small washer and dryer, and just go down south each winter for a few months. And if in doing that at some point I decide that I would like to just live down there, then move.

One way or another, my days of spending winter in Wisconsin are going to come to an end.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-17-2018 at 08:10 AM.

17. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

That's true... the humidity can be stifling, and since it never freezes, the bugs are gargantuan, the biggest spiders I've ever seen in my life, and fleas and cock roaches are a real problem. Never heard of 'gators being a problem around Tampa, but I know you have to keep your eyes peeled in other places in the state.

I've been giving this a LOT of thought, about ALL things I have here that I wouldn't have in Florida. Here in Wisconsin I have 250,000 acres of DNR land to go play in that's just a couple miles from me, and there's millions more all over the state. I have friends that own 500 and 600+ plus acre farms I can go hunt or shooting on, and that DNR land is going to open up to ATV's and UTV's. That's one of the cool things about Wisconsin, there's a lot of land. I have no idea where I'd ever go shoot my guns in Florida, and I hate ranges. I don't like being around a lot of other people shooting guns that I don't know. Having LAND to go play or shooting on is a big deal in my book. Another thing is, I have friends here that I have known for 30+ years. They're old, dear friends. I used to bartend here at a bunch of different places way back in the day, so I got to know a lot of people, and in small town Wisconsin, you just get to know a lot of people, I don't know if that means anything to anyone else, but that means a lot to me. I like having old friends that I know I can trust under any circumstances. Starting all over making new friends seems like a daunting task at my age, since I don't really trust anyone I don't know.

So... after sleeping on it and much thought, I think the best thing for me to do is go back to my plan to buy a nice trailer, one with a bathroom and small washer and dryer, and just go down south each winter for a few months. And if in doing that at some point I decide that I would like to just live down there, then move.

One way or another, my days of spending winter in Wisconsin are going to come to an end.
    Now that sounds like a plan, T. And you can then go on adventures anywhere you want.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It's probably all that Global Warming.

I saw on TV you all had a little snow up that way, too, 10-12 inches. I bet that squashed the daffodils.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I have a strong preference for:
    4 distinct seasons
    Lots of trees
    Proximity to the ocean