Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Britain And Russia Lock Horns As Moscow Cuts UK Diplomats

March 31, 2018
    By Andrew Osborn“It is routine for (Britain’s border agency) to search aircraft to protect the UK from organized crime and from those who attempt to bring harmful substances like drugs or firearms into the country,” Security Minister Ben Wallace said.
    The Russian Embassy said Wallace’s logic was “difficult to comprehend” and only amplified its doubts about the incident.
    Britain’s Foreign Office also said on Saturday it was considering allowing visits under consular access terms to Yulia Skripal, who is recovering in hospital against all expectations and is no longer in critical condition.
    Russia’s embassy said that it had contacted Viktoria Skripal, Yulia’s cousin. “Upon receiving confirmation that Yulia Skripal’s condition is getting better and she is able to communicate, she said she would like to go to London and to visit her cousin,” the embassy said.
    The BBC reported on Friday that Yulia was “conscious and talking,” which may help the investigation of how she and her father were poisoned.
    The poisoning on British territory has united much of the West in taking action against what it regards as the hostile policies of President Vladimir Putin. This includes the United States under President Donald Trump, whom Putin had hoped would improve ties.
    (Additional reporting by Elisabeth O’Leary in Edinburgh and Gabrielle Tétrault-Farber in Moscow; Editing by Stephen Powell and Sandra Maler)
    http://www.oann.com/uk-must-cut-just...eign-ministry/

I love this:

“It is routine for (Britain’s border agency) to search aircraft to protect the UK from organized crime and from those who attempt to bring harmful substances like drugs or firearms into the country,” Security Minister Ben Wallace said.
    The Russian Embassy said Wallace’s logic was “difficult to comprehend” and only amplified its doubts about the incident.

There's something hard to understand about security searches? From one of the tightest-ass countries in the world? I find THAT "difficult to comprehend"
    Last edited by Gunny; 04-01-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    http://www.oann.com/uk-must-cut-just...eign-ministry/

I love this:

“It is routine for (Britain’s border agency) to search aircraft to protect the UK from organized crime and from those who attempt to bring harmful substances like drugs or firearms into the country,” Security Minister Ben Wallace said.

There's something hard to understand about security searches? From one of the tightest-ass countries in the world? I find THAT "difficult to comprehend"
    A country for which international law has little meaning, WILL struggle with concepts such as these. I'm in no doubt that the Russians think they should never be subject to searches, or any form of preventative measures that may stop their murderous sprees ....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

that's right, you were warned that there would be mirror measures.
    because of one person.
    does the death of one person entail such consequences?

what were we supposed to do after you bombed Iraq?thousands of victims
    do you remember how Americans without UN sanctions bombed Yugoslavia? thousands of victims
    you're still in Afghanistan, but heroin traffic has increased several times, thousands of victims
    the list is very long.
    America never apologized to the people of Hiroshima
    what should the world do to stop doing all this?

you have long since lost credibility after all these wars. many countries are silent about this because they depend financially. this is simple logic

I found something interesting, but as always, you'll be silent in response, 2013:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...straction.html
    Last edited by Papokarlo; 04-02-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papokarlo View Post
    because of one person.

do you remember how Americans without UN sanctions bombed Yugoslavia? thousands of victims
    you're still in Afghanistan, but heroin traffic has increased several times, thousands of victims
    the list is very long.

you have long since lost credibility after all these wars. many countries are silent about this because they depend financially. this is simple logic

I found something interesting, but as always, you'll be silent in response, 2013:
    Markov. Litvinenko. Those are two other people. Not just 'one', as you're trying to claim. They were assassinated in the UK ... those assassinations also attributed to Russia.

With the latest such case, it's become clear that you won't stop. A pattern of slaughter has been established. Considering that on this occasion a military grade nerve agent was used ... this in a civilian environment ! ... a stand became necessary. And, oh dear ...your side REALLY doesn't like it, eh !!

International law, decency ... what do these matter to the Kremlin ?

The so-called 'examples' you cite of so-called lamentable actions ... how many were conducted within the context of military action, during a war ? What about dealing with terrorists ? YOU don't lament Russian bombings in Syria, and I'm sure you'd be happy to justify them. Why, then, are you critical of Afghanistan and Iraq military actions, against terrorists ?

Hiroshima was part of a World War ... AND ... it forced Japan to surrender (.. that, along with Nagasaki). Had those bombs not been dropped, for how much longer, involving how many more deaths, would Japanese aggression have continued ?

The Salisbury occurrence happened within the context, not of war, but of so-called 'peace'. Salisbury wasn't at war with Russia !! It wasn't a hotbed of terrorist cells begging to be bombed. No, your country violated a peaceful civilian community with its deployment of a MILITARY GRADE nerve agent there.

It was a truly disgusting act.

So, an international stand has had to be taken. Who's to say how many other Western territories your people would like to violate in like manner, given the chance ?

It shouldn't be too long, now, before the OPCW gives its verdict on the agent deployed in Salisbury. Getting nervous, Papokarlo ? When Russia is confirmed as the culprit, will you cut and run ? OR, will you accept Russia's role ... finally ? Even show us a measure of decency by expressing regret for your country's actions ?

In the meantime ... I note this, from 'Sputnik' News' ...

https://sputniknews.com/europe/20180...pal-authority/

MOSCOW (Sputnik) - The credentials of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) do not include the potential identification of those responsible for the poisoning of the Russian ex-intelligence officer Sergei Skripal, the Russian permanent representative to the OPCW said in an interview with the Rosiyskaya Gazeta newspaper.
    -- Ho hum. Are your people wriggling and squirming under the spotlight of impending culpability .. ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-02-2018 at 08:46 AM.

7. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Markov. Litvinenko. Those are two other people. Not just 'one', as you're trying to claim. They were assassinated in the UK ... those assassinations also attributed to Russia.

With the latest such case, it's become clear that you won't stop. A pattern of slaughter has been established. Considering that on this occasion a military grade nerve agent was used ... this in a civilian environment ! ... a stand became necessary. And, oh dear ...your side REALLY doesn't like it, eh !!

International law, decency ... what do these matter to the Kremlin ?

The so-called 'examples' you cite of so-called lamentable actions ... how many were conducted within the context of military action, during a war ? What about dealing with terrorists ? YOU don't lament Russian bombings in Syria, and I'm sure you'd be happy to justify them. Why, then, are you critical of Afghanistan and Iraq military actions, against terrorists ?

Hiroshima was part of a World War ... AND ... it forced Japan to surrender (.. that, along with Nagasaki). Had those bombs not been dropped, for how much longer, involving how many more deaths, would Japanese aggression have continued ?

The Salisbury occurrence happened within the context, not of war, but of so-called 'peace'. Salisbury wasn't at war with Russia !! It wasn't a hotbed of terrorist cells begging to be bombed. No, your country violated a peaceful civilian community with its deployment of a MILITARY GRADE nerve agent there.

It was a truly disgusting act.

So, an international stand has had to be taken. Who's to say how many other Western territories your people would like to violate in like manner, given the chance ?

It shouldn't be too long, now, before the OPCW gives its verdict on the agent deployed in Salisbury. Getting nervous, Papokarlo ? When Russia is confirmed as the culprit, will you cut and run ? OR, will you accept Russia's role ... finally ? Even show us a measure of decency by expressing regret for your country's actions ?

In the meantime ... I note this, from 'Sputnik' News' ...

https://sputniknews.com/europe/20180...pal-authority/

-- Ho hum. Are your people wriggling and squirming under the spotlight of impending culpability .. ?
    Litvinenko's case is also not investigated, years 10 already passed. no facts, only headlines about how that is to blame Russia. once again, London is not going to investigate yet again.

for the year in half did we kill all the terrorists that was broadcast live on the websites of the Ministry of defense of Russia. all materials are present and op this day. we did a very good job and tested our new weapons. here you consider that the whole world lies, and for this have sent concert troupe in Syria. you have lost all sense and spirituality, Europe has long been an iron. you not veriti in honest and open messages in the form of such'. for six months we killed all the terrorists in this city and held a concert there. Palmyra is depicted on the main page of textbooks on the history of the 9th grade in Russia. It was a matter of honor for Russia.
    Last edited by Papokarlo; 04-02-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I repeat, no investigation will not be you as a naive child still believe in Santa Claus. again there were rumors about what was smeared door handle Skripal's, the version that it was poisoned porridge. Do you have any proof? or the press again? another guess

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I repeat, no investigation will not be you as a naive child still believe in Santa Claus. again there were rumors about what was smeared door handle Skripal's, the version that it was poisoned porridge. Do you have any proof? or the press again? another guess

Papo...excuse me if I step for a second....I noticed something in your comment above...I believe In Santa Clause as well a many other Americans...not so much as a physical entity but more of a spiritual power/ belief for >>good<<

...Thing is one must believe for it to work....and it has worked for me and many... many others...many times in this life. *It is simply just amazing how it works.... Just my 2 cents...carry on.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

because of one person.

the list is very long.

We were "warned"? Who cares? Y'all are like small children. Hurting you and your country more than it is me and mine.

Now get the REAL warning: There are repercussion for Russia thinking it can do whatever the Hell it wants. Want to act like you're above the law? Deal with the punishment for it.

What's REALLY sad? Little brainwashed mouthpieces like YOU are the ones that are going to suffer. The politicians that made the decisions aren't. They'll maintain their lifestyle regardless price. So enjoy. Hope your grandstanding is worth doing without.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

13. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Litvinenko's case is also not investigated, years 10 already passed. no facts, only headlines about how that is to blame Russia. once again, London is not going to investigate yet again.

for the year in half did we kill all the terrorists that was broadcast live on the websites of the Ministry of defense of Russia. all materials are present and op this day. we did a very good job and tested our new weapons. here you consider that the whole world lies, and for this have sent concert troupe in Syria. you have lost all sense and spirituality, Europe has long been an iron. you not veriti in honest and open messages in the form of such'. for six months we killed all the terrorists in this city and held a concert there. Palmyra is depicted on the main page of textbooks on the history of the 9th grade in Russia. It was a matter of honor for Russia.
    I see you're going into propagandist overdrive. Because ... time's running out ?

It shouldn't be long, now, before the OPCW independently adjudicates on the matter of the nerve agent. You will OF COURSE reject any findings of theirs not preferred by the Kremlin.

Syria. Yes, you were good at killing terrorists. However, your side made no effort to identify who they were killing, for the most part. To you ... enemies of Assad = terrorists. That's as far as your consideration went.

We in the West have 'lost all sense and spirituality' ... by 'sense', you mean that we always behave as your Kremlin wants us to ? By losing 'spirituality', do you mean that approving of the deployment chemical nerve agents in a civilian theatre is proof of our 'spirituality' .. ?

Don't talk to me of Russian honour ! What was done in Salisbury was NOT honourable !! Nor have your efforts to defend it, since.

Russia, clearly, has NO honour ! Otherwise, it'd come clean and admit its wrongdoings, at absolute minimum.

I'm bemused by your posting material from, of all people, Boris Johnson. He's currently one of your harshest critics.

Papokarlo, promise me that when the OPCW reports, you will NOT cut and run. I want you to take the truth on the chin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I see you're going into propagandist overdrive. Because ... time's running out ?

It shouldn't be long, now, before the OPCW independently adjudicates on the matter of the nerve agent. You will OF COURSE reject any findings of theirs not preferred by the Kremlin.

Syria. Yes, you were good at killing terrorists. However, your side made no effort to identify who they were killing, for the most part. To you ... enemies of Assad = terrorists. That's as far as your consideration went.

We in the West have 'lost all sense and spirituality' ... by 'sense', you mean that we always behave as your Kremlin wants us to ? By losing 'spirituality', do you mean that approving of the deployment chemical nerve agents in a civilian theatre is proof of our 'spirituality' .. ?

Don't talk to me of Russian honour ! What was done in Salisbury was NOT honourable !! Nor have been your efforts to defend it, since.

Russia, clearly, has NO honour ! Otherwise, it'd come clean and admit its wrongdoings, at absolute minimum.

I'm bemused by your posting material from, of all people, Boris Johnson. He's currently one of your harshest critics.

Papokarlo, promise me that when the OPCW reports, you will NOT cut and run. I want you to take the truth on the chin.
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-02-2018 at 06:24 PM.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Funny Propagandists here at DP??

Don't talk to me of Russian honour ! What was done in Salisbury was NOT honourable !! Nor have your efforts to defend it, since.

Sir Drummond. Imagine that! Most all of the nations of the World know Russia isn't Honorable, and they insist...THE REST OF THE WORLD is falsely accusing them of being Dishonest??

Allow me to be blunt here, Please. PUTIN IS A RAT! HE THINKS HE IS KING OF THE WORLD. Just ask him.

Putin and Chucky Schumer have to be related.

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

18. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Don't talk to me of Russian honour ! What was done in Salisbury was NOT honourable !! Nor have been your efforts to defend it, since.

I got news for "Little Napoleon". Waging a war against civilians isn't exactly honorable. Using chemical weapons against them damned sure isn't. Oh, do I see a theme here? Chemical weapons used in Syria ... chemical weapons used in the UK. Coincidence, right?

Make the same mistake Saddam Hussein did thinking he had the "3rd largest army on Earth" (he did) and THEN he ran into some pro's, Where's Saddam now? Bullying around and murdering non-professional militias and terrorizing civilians is easy. On YOUR block. Ain't seen you in OUR neighborhood.

20. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Little Napoleon? Does this mean Russia will ruin Putin? Lol

22. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Little Napoleon? Does this mean Russia will ruin Putin? Lol
    I think Putin's Russian arrogance is biting off more than he can chew. Russians pride themselves at Chess but I'm thinking he's not in the club. He's playing a dumb game. He's given up a lot to gain a couple of pawns. Crimea, Syria and two irrelevant former spies for diplomatic relations with over 20 countries and NATO.

Killing the spies still makes no sense from neither a strategic nor tactical POV. If it's personal, he screwed himself for nothing relevant to any real plans. Offing retirees that have no play in anything is and has proven to be a risk not worth taking. Remember what you asked me about payback? THIS situation Russia has put itself into is EXACTLY "why not".

24. Thanks Drummond thanked this post