Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@Drummond

I contacted him, he is not in city now. He remember about questions and will answer when be back. Sorry for a long waiting

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polite Russian View Post
    @Drummond

I contacted him, he is not in city now. He remember about questions and will answer when be back. Sorry for a long waiting
    @Polite Russian ..

OK, fine - no worries. Thanks for your efforts.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

finally he gave me the answer

So. Here it is:

"1. I'm a russian nationalist. That means that nation's interests are more important, that interest of government. And if, by circumstances, one nation stays in both sides of border, my people are still my compatriots, not foreigners. Oppression of the rights of Russians is the reason why I fought against the state of "ukraine".

2. The only one way not to afraid of russians - do not touch russians. Otherwise there will be not only Armed Forces of Russian Federation, but thousands of volunteers, PMC and so on. We just stand for our national interests. Not only USA have national interests. Deal with it "

Sorry for such a long waiting, friends

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

So. Here it is:

"1. I'm a russian nationalist. That means that nation's interests are more important, that interest of government. And if, by circumstances, one nation stays in both sides of border, my people are still my compatriots, not foreigners. Oppression of the rights of Russians is the reason why I fought against the state of "ukraine".

2. The only one way not to afraid of russians - do not touch russians. Otherwise there will be not only Armed Forces of Russian Federation, but thousands of volunteers, PMC and so on. We just stand for our national interests. Not only USA have national interests. Deal with it "

Hello, @Polite Russian.

I apologise. I'm only now catching up to the reply you've sent us here. I should've seen this long ago .. obviously.

I have to say this, though, in response. Your friend's response says little of value, and in fact only confirms my own understanding of how people such as him think. In summary ... he's saying, 'I identify with Russia. Russia's perceived interests are mine. Other interests hold no significance for me. Ukraine's interests ... they either do what Russia expects of them, if not, they can expect opposition'.

The point has been made earlier in this thread, and it's proven valid. There is essentially no difference between your friend's outlook and those of the Third Reich (Hitler and others, of course) when they took over the Sudetenland.

Russia has taken Crimea for its own. Now, we're discussing Donbass. Where is next ?? How many more land-grabs is Russia going to indulge in ??

Your friend hasn't thought past his own nationalistic loyalties, and he clearly doesn't care to. He's blind to any bigger picture. More, he's arrogant enough to think that the duty of others is just to put up with it all !

The same could've been said of the invading armies of the Third Reich. Sorry, Polite Russian, but there is NO difference between the thinking involved in either scenario.

We in the West have an accurate understanding of the empire-building arrogance pervading the Russian side.Your friend has given us a little dose of it. Clearly, we have nothing more to look for.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

So. Here it is:

I thought I'd add something to my last reply.

Your friend talks of, I quote, 'Oppression of the rights of Russians is the reason why I fought against the state of "ukraine".'

This is, of course, offensive !

During the Soviet days, it was Ukraine - which, then, had no autonomy separating any of its citizens from 'Mother Russia' - that suffered enormously when under the massively repressive rule of Stalin. MILLIONS died, there, thanks to Russian domination !!

Now, happily, it's different (- somewhat -). Ukraine (what there is of it) has a measure of autonomy. They rule themselves .. subject, though, to relentless pressures to defer to Russian domineering arrogance, be it from financial pressures, or land-grabs, or supposed 'pro-Russian' areas who'll oppose Ukrainian independence.

Ukraine is not the 'oppressor'. This is a lie. The opposite is true - Ukraine continues to be the victim of Russian oppression.

I am sorry to note that your friend is unapologetic for the role he chooses to play to further the Russian side in this, and is arrogant enough to be uncaring about any wider considerations. It's people like him who help prop up Russia's 'belief' that it can ride roughshod over others on the back of a supposed nationalistic empire-building .. a 'Russia matters, nothing else does' attitude.

However unpalatable a truth this is .. it's a fact that the very same spirit gave strength and durability to the arrogance which underpinned all that Hitler's Third Reich got up to, with all the inhumanities that spawned from it. Your friend needs to take a long look at his thinking, and see for himself if he can spot any difference between it, and that of Germany's occupational forces in Europe, during WWII.

The people of Ukraine SHOULD matter. They SHOULD have rights. They SHOULD have an unopposed shot at a lasting and stable autonomy. Who are the Russians, to think they have some 'righteous' justification in chipping away at it ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

@Polite Russian ....

If you're able to, can you ask your Donbass friend another question ?

See this ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44235402

The missile that downed a Malaysia Airlines flight over eastern Ukraine in 2014 belonged to a Russian brigade, international investigators say.

For the first time, the Dutch-led team said the missile had come from a unit based in western Russia.

All 298 people on board the Boeing 777 died when it broke apart in mid-air flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.

It was hit by a missile fired from rebel-held territory in Ukraine. Russia says none of its weapons was used.

But on Thursday Wilbert Paulissen, a Dutch official from the Joint Investigation Team (JIT), told reporters: "All the vehicles in a convoy carrying the missile were part of the Russian armed forces."

He restated the JIT's conclusion that the plane had been destroyed by a Russian-made Buk missile, adding that it had been supplied by the country's 53rd anti-aircraft brigade in Kursk.
    My question is an obvious one (... to me, anyway !). Given your friend's highly nationalistic outlook, and also given my presumption that, in his eyes at least, Mother Russia can do no wrong ... I'd like him to tell us his view of the downing of that aircraft ! Does he think it CAN be justified ?

Does he think that actions taken by Mother Russia are automatically justified, BECAUSE it's Mother Russia that does them ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 05-24-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Ladies and Gentelmen, oooonly today (no, we got a lot of time), only you (yeah, only for debate policy) have the opportunity to ask some questions to my friend, who fought in Donbass.
    Does he know any hot Russian babes that would like to come to America?