Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    36,416
    Thanks (Given)
    14032
    Thanks (Received)
    9596
    Likes (Given)
    1246
    Likes (Received)
    756
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475339

    Default Cooking and Stuff

    Worked Safeway this morning. I picked up my 'free' rotisserie chicken, free LaLa Smoothie. A bag of split peas, the only thing not on sale. Welches Fruit Snack, $5 off for 40 packets, which I'll bring to school Monday for my ELL kids that participated last week. Potatoes for split pea soup, Then got .40 cents off 'national brands' an employee incentive. All told, I got out for $9.84, savings of $14.13 Savings of 59%!

    I've got spit pea going in the crockpot. Will use up the rest of the ham I got on sale the other day. Have stripped the chicken and put meat in fridge after having a bit with leftover mashed from last night.. The bones and wilted celery, carrots, and onion are simmering on the stove, will use as chicken stock, after straining. All in all, productive day so far.

    Just got to wash greens, fruits, and veggies-put that off a day, got the fridge defrosted last night. I've never had a fridge that needed defrosting, I remember mom doing it with an old Philco.
    @jimnyc I got a toy about a year ago, just getting around to really playing with it now. Been using it alot for soups and smoothies. It's just fun!

    https://www.amazon.com/Epica-Heavy-Duty-Immersion-Blender/dp/B00WIRLXUE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1524952354&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=immersion+blender+epica&psc=1
    ďThe greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.Ē De Tocqueville



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    52,572
    Thanks (Given)
    6826
    Thanks (Received)
    22955
    Likes (Given)
    1715
    Likes (Received)
    1548
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475500

    Default

    I am SO tired of seeing that dang pressure cooker thingy. My wife uses that thing like 14 times per week, and I get to wash it every time, or have to learn how to use the damn thing if it's me making dinner that night. And every time I put it away in the closet, I hide it further and further in the back, but it does nothing, she finds it or demands it daily. I've created a monster with that damn thing. I may have to figure out a way I can "accidentally" break it like I did the last one.
    I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, Iíll kill you all. ---- Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    General James Mattis, United States Marine Corps

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    36,416
    Thanks (Given)
    14032
    Thanks (Received)
    9596
    Likes (Given)
    1246
    Likes (Received)
    756
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I am SO tired of seeing that dang pressure cooker thingy. My wife uses that thing like 14 times per week, and I get to wash it every time, or have to learn how to use the damn thing if it's me making dinner that night. And every time I put it away in the closet, I hide it further and further in the back, but it does nothing, she finds it or demands it daily. I've created a monster with that damn thing. I may have to figure out a way I can "accidentally" break it like I did the last one.
    Take a look at the immersion blender, way less space than blender and food processor! Fun too!
    She loves the Instant Pot!
    ďThe greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.Ē De Tocqueville



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    52,572
    Thanks (Given)
    6826
    Thanks (Received)
    22955
    Likes (Given)
    1715
    Likes (Received)
    1548
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Take a look at the immersion blender, way less space than blender and food processor! Fun too!
    She loves the Instant Pot!
    That wand looking thing looks cool, only because of the smoothies I see in the picture. But I know it won't be just that easy, and I'll never get it right.
    I come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, Iíll kill you all. ---- Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    General James Mattis, United States Marine Corps

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    36,416
    Thanks (Given)
    14032
    Thanks (Received)
    9596
    Likes (Given)
    1246
    Likes (Received)
    756
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That wand looking thing looks cool, only because of the smoothies I see in the picture. But I know it won't be just that easy, and I'll never get it right.
    It is that easy. No transferring hot items from pot to food processor. Put the wand in, it's like silk if you leave it in; or just a bit to break or large pieces. It's also fun!
    ďThe greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults.Ē De Tocqueville



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •