Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Cooking and Stuff

Worked Safeway this morning. I picked up my 'free' rotisserie chicken, free LaLa Smoothie. A bag of split peas, the only thing not on sale. Welches Fruit Snack, $5 off for 40 packets, which I'll bring to school Monday for my ELL kids that participated last week. Potatoes for split pea soup, Then got .40 cents off 'national brands' an employee incentive. All told, I got out for $9.84, savings of $14.13 Savings of 59%!

I've got spit pea going in the crockpot. Will use up the rest of the ham I got on sale the other day. Have stripped the chicken and put meat in fridge after having a bit with leftover mashed from last night.. The bones and wilted celery, carrots, and onion are simmering on the stove, will use as chicken stock, after straining. All in all, productive day so far.

Just got to wash greens, fruits, and veggies-put that off a day, got the fridge defrosted last night. I've never had a fridge that needed defrosting, I remember mom doing it with an old Philco.
    @jimnyc I got a toy about a year ago, just getting around to really playing with it now. Been using it alot for soups and smoothies. It's just fun!

https://www.amazon.com/Epica-Heavy-Duty-Immersion-Blender/dp/B00WIRLXUE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1524952354&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=immersion+blender+epica&psc=1

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I am SO tired of seeing that dang pressure cooker thingy. My wife uses that thing like 14 times per week, and I get to wash it every time, or have to learn how to use the damn thing if it's me making dinner that night. And every time I put it away in the closet, I hide it further and further in the back, but it does nothing, she finds it or demands it daily. I've created a monster with that damn thing. I may have to figure out a way I can "accidentally" break it like I did the last one.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I am SO tired of seeing that dang pressure cooker thingy. My wife uses that thing like 14 times per week, and I get to wash it every time, or have to learn how to use the damn thing if it's me making dinner that night. And every time I put it away in the closet, I hide it further and further in the back, but it does nothing, she finds it or demands it daily. I've created a monster with that damn thing. I may have to figure out a way I can "accidentally" break it like I did the last one.
    Take a look at the immersion blender, way less space than blender and food processor! Fun too!
    She loves the Instant Pot!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Take a look at the immersion blender, way less space than blender and food processor! Fun too!
    She loves the Instant Pot!
    That wand looking thing looks cool, only because of the smoothies I see in the picture. But I know it won't be just that easy, and I'll never get it right.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That wand looking thing looks cool, only because of the smoothies I see in the picture. But I know it won't be just that easy, and I'll never get it right.
    It is that easy. No transferring hot items from pot to food processor. Put the wand in, it's like silk if you leave it in; or just a bit to break or large pieces. It's also fun!