Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default Reasons for going into IRAQ war 2?

Seems to me there were multiple reasons for the IRAqwar
    1. See the memo that surfaced about the oil companies all getting their cuts after the US UK invasion. (more Mentioned in other links as well) (the timing puts the lie to the U.N. dancing going on then. Before Blixs U.N. Final WMD report. Before Powells Speech to the U.N.. War was a done deal. Oil a strategic target.)
    2. Saddam was threatening to begin selling oil in euros rather than dollars. killed. A Huge problem, BTW Qaddafi made the same "threat".
    3. We have multiple "enduring" military bases in Iraq now.
    4. And an embassy "larger than the Vatican".
    5. A militarily strategic local in the middle east. To help Israel... and protect the oil flow in the region
    6. the American Military industrial complex and friends of Cheney and crew have made BILLIONS/Trillions? from Iraq.
    7. Saddam didn't make nice with Israel. killed.
    8. the Neo-Cons and Neo-Libs thought it would be easy to rule the world. But they are still trying.

Quote:
    Before the 2003 invasion, Iraq's domestic oil industry was fully nationalized and closed to Western oil companies. A decade of war later, it is largely privatized and utterly dominated by foreign firms.

From ExxonMobil and Chevron to BP and Shell, the West's largest oil companies have set up shop in Iraq. So have a slew of American oil service companies, including Halliburton, the Texas-based firm Dick Cheney ran before becoming George W. Bush's running mate in 2000.
    CNN

but that's just a coincidence right?

Bush Sr. was direct
    "We need the oil. It's nice to talk about standing up for freedom. But Kuwait and Saudi Arabia aren't exactly democracies."
    TIME' magazine , August 20th , 1990

"W. Bush said extremists controlling Iraq 'would use energy as economic blackmail" and try to pressure the United States to abandon its alliance with Israel. At a stop in Missouri on Friday, he suggested that such radicals would be 'able to pull millions of barrels of oil off the market, driving the price up to $300 or $400 a barrel.

Oil is not the only reason Bush offers for staying in Iraq, but his comments on the stump represent another striking evolution of his argument on behalf of the war. "
    Wash-Post
    Bush Says U.S. Pullout Would Let Iraq Radicals Use Oil as a Weapon

"The man once regarded as the world's most powerful banker has bluntly declared that the Iraq war was 'largely' about oil.
    Appointed by Ronald Reagan in 1987 and retired last year after serving four presidents, Alan Greenspan has been the leading Republican economist for a generation and his utterings instantly moved world markets.
    In his long-awaited memoir - out tomorrow in the US - Greenspan, 81, who served as chairman of the US Federal Reserve for almost two decades, writes: 'I am saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil.'"

Republican Senator Chuck Hagel said of the Iraq war in 2007:
    "People say we’re not fighting for oil. Of course we are. They talk about America’s national interest. What the hell do you think they’re talking about? We’re not there for figs."

4 Star General John Abizaid – the former commander of CENTCOM with responsibility for Iraq – said:
    "Of course it’s about oil, it’s very much about oil, and we can’t really deny that."

John McCain said in 2008:
    "My friends, I will have an energy policy that we will be talking about, which will eliminate our dependence on oil from the Middle East that will — that will then prevent us — that will prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict again in the Middle East."

Sarah Palin said in 2008:
    "Better to start that drilling [for oil within the U.S.] today than wait and continue relying on foreign sources of energy. We are a nation at war and in many [ways] the reasons for war are fights over energy sources, which is nonsensical when you consider that domestically we have the supplies ready to go."

Former Under Secretary of State, John Bolton said:
    "The critical oil and natural gas producing region that we fought so many wars to try and protect our economy from the adverse impact of losing that supply or having it available only at very high prices."

Top REPUBLICAN Leaders Say Iraq War Was Really about Oil Washington's Blog

So it seems to me folks can believe the propaganda lines about "freedom" and "TONS of WMDs" or just get honest.
    It's a bit more than America just going in to stomp a bad guy because he "deserved it".

Last edited by revelarts; 05-05-2018 at 01:33 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Deliberate stupidity V.2
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

"Originally posted by revelarts
    Seems to me there were multiple reasons for the IRAqwar
    1. See the memo that surfaced about the oil companies all getting their cuts after the US UK invasion. (more Mentioned in other links as well) (the timing puts the lie to the U.N. dancing going on then. Before Blixs U.N. Final WMD report. Before Powells Speech to the U.N.. War was a done deal. Oil a strategic target.)
    2. Saddam was threatening to begin selling oil in euros rather than dollars. killed. A Huge problem, BTW Qaddafi made the same "threat".
    3. We have multiple "enduring" military bases in Iraq now.
    4. And an embassy "larger than the Vatican".
    5. A militarily strategic local in the middle east. To help Israel... and protect the oil flow in the region
    6. the American Military industrial complex and friends of Cheney and crew have made BILLIONS/Trillions? from Iraq.
    7. Saddam didn't make nice with Israel. killed.
    8. the Neo-Cons and Neo-Libs thought it would be easy to rule the world. But they are still trying.
    Seems to me there are multiple responses to your reasons:
    1. Damn, the organizations that created and operate the largest, quasi-market based world wide market for oil were given charge of the distribution of Iraqi oil over the corrupt criminal operation headed up by the son of UN Secretary General Kofi Annan under the Oil For Food Program! Where's the justice?
    2. Both men killed by his own people (but I'm sure you have secret documentation of oil company payoffs to the hangman in Baghdad and the AK 47 wielding anal raper in Sirte).
    3. Better than multiple "failing" bases. Always better to have multiple options in a very unstable region.
    4. The embassy is 5 acres smaller than The Vatican. Even in public school that doesn't make it larger. And the only reason it is that large is because of the large security perimeter needed.
    5. Makes more sense than being located in South America. Protecting Israel and assuring the free flow of oil in the region, couldn't think of two more noble and globally helpful missions for the US military.
    6. Check your figures, I've heard it's closer mega-quintillions!
    7. Again, killed by his own people (see point 2).
    8. Everyone needs a hobby:

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

All these years later and someone still has a hard on for Bush... Sr & Jr...

Get a life.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

6. Likes FakeNewsSux, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Rev....have you stopped taking your meds????

Rev. Do you really think anybody here really cares about your hatred?
    You need to get a life. Maybe talk about Present Day things all of us might be interested in?
    By bringing all of this OBAMA BLAME GAME stuff up again...only makes you look Really Dumb.
    Try talking about the Revolution, Civil War, First World War, Second World War, Korea, or Vietnam.
    BY THE WAY....YOU CAN'T CHANGE ANY OF THOSE RESULTS, OR CAUSES EITHER.
    Last edited by aboutime; 05-05-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post