Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Better watch those salads if you use Romaine. I posted a thread yesterday about an E-coli outbreak that's killed about 25 people. I use fresh spinach instead of lettuce. Lettuce has a pointless existence. You can't taste the difference.

I eat plain stuff. Meat preferably broiled or grilled. Veggies. Mostly fresh. I eat beans out of a can. Some fresh fruits. Eggs. I'll hold my nose and eat chicken if it's whte meat and not dried out. Forget fresh fish. I'll eat shrimp, lobster, fresh steamed clams. I'll eat haddock and orange roughy because neither taste like fish I just within the past few days dropped some bodyfat. Since it's so damned hot here already I got proactive for once instead of dehydrating and switched from soda to gatorade and sun tea. When it's this hot, soda just turns instantly to foam when you drink it. Not good for you anyway and it really lowers your phosphorous levels.

The whole FDA thing? I consider them one notch dumber than doctors that don't know anything about sports medicine in physical rehab. They have a one-size-fits-all mentality and dosages so conservative you could get more vitamins and minerals from an orange and some broccoli.

Disclaimer: Don't any of you knuckleheads run out and start swallowing handfulls of vitamins on MY say so. And yes, it HAS happened. Read the label and read up on anything you put in your mouth BEFORE you do. Some supplement have a toxicity level. Selenium comes immediately to mind.
    Yeah I saw your thread about the romaine. It's not my favorite. I like Dole "Greener" salad mixes, has iceburg, some romaine, red cabbage and carrots in it, but then I doctor it up with cucumber, green pepper, onions, mushrooms and some kind of cheese grated on top. Oh, and dice up some ham if I have that available. I like eggs too but have cut back on those in recent months. I love fish, most all fish except salmon, and that's my Ma's favorite. My favorite would have to be fresh caught pan fish from around here, Blue Gills, Crappies, Sun fish, the absolute best fish ever. I don't care for lobster at all, but I love shrimp. I batter that and deep fry it myself. I like crab though. I like chicken too. The grocery store here in town sells those whole broasted chickens and I pick one of those up once and awhile, those are real good. I make some mashed taters and gravy and peas to go with it or something and it's a good meal. Then throw the left over chicken in with a can of chicken noodle soup or something, or just throw it in a sammich with some mayonnaise.

I take an "over 50" Centrum vitamin daily too, and a garlic tab. Been taking vitamins for so long I can't really remember when I started, it's been a long, LONG time. A vitamin and garlic gel tab with a glass of OJ or grapefruit juice.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-02-2018 at 12:03 PM.