What a shame. I truly liked Sessions and thought he was the absolute perfect man for the position. But boy was I ever wrong. Short of a few times, I've barely seen or heard from the man since he's been in the AG. Why is he working against such requests? I wish I knew.

Some on the left claim we never criticize anything the right does. Wrong. This is another time that someone doesn't seem to be working up to par, to what their abilities are. And worse, IS he hiding something? Is he working against? If there was a legit reason, why not make that clear and up front, instead of ignoring multiple requests?

---

Devin Nunes Says He's Pressing to Have AG Jeff Sessions Held in Contempt of Congress

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) announced on Sunday that he is going to press Congress to hold Attorney General Jeff Sessions in contempt of Congress for failing to respond to a lawful subpoena. Nunes’ committee has been looking into allegations that the Justice Department and the FBI abused the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and the FBI's counterintelligence investigation of the Trump campaign.

The California Republican explained on Fox and Friends this morning that his committee sent a classified letter to Sessions two weeks ago requesting "very important" information.

"Per usual, it was ignored. Not acknowledged -- just completely ignored," Nunes explained. "So last week, we sent a subpoena and then on Thursday we discovered that they are not going to comply with our subpoena [requesting] very important information we need." He added: "The only thing left to do is we have to move quickly to hold the attorney general of the United States in contempt and that is what I am going to press for this week."

Nunes told the Fox News hosts that the information his committee is seeking is still classified and that he is skeptical of that. "I'm not going to take any excuse ... [that] we're harming national security," he said.

Indeed, for the past year, the intelligence community has had a habit of classifying information sought by Republicans that did not reveal sources and methods, but did make the deep state look bad. Most recently, that came in the form of redactions in the House Intelligence Committee Republican report on the Trump-Russia investigation. Officials in the Justice Department had redacted portions of the transcript of the FBI's interview of President Trump's short-lived national security adviser Michael Flynn. The redacted portions showed that FBI agents "did not detect any deception during [Michael] Flynn's interview,” in direct contradiction to what fired FBI director James Comey has been saying in interviews. The intelligence community also redacted portions of Nunes' FISA memo unnecessarily.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/devin-n...t-of-congress/