Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Getting a couple miles on the beast... @darin

The new dashcam... works fantastic... love it... thanks @jimnyc for the inspiration to buy that...

LED lighting in the door panels... too cool... changes 28 different colors...

I'm sure it looks great, but whatever hosting service their on doesn't show up for me

Attached Images Attached Images
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I'm sure it looks great, but whatever hosting service their on doesn't show up for me
    DANG I need to freakin' remember that! @darin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, just waiting on my friend to buy my GMC. Should be Wednesday. He's a good guy and likes the RUST FREE vehicles and has been looking for a truck, so instead of flying to Phoenix like he did to buy his van, this one is right here. If so, I have the truck to replace it all picked out. A 2016 Chevy 1500 Z71 Silverado with only 24,000 miles on it. The dealer has it parked in the back holding it for me, and I asked about having matching red stripes painted on the hood to match the Camaro. They'd be brother and sister vehicles...

https://www.joneschev.com/VehicleDet...-WI/3265111703
    @darin
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-13-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, the saga continues in this thread... latest is the High Country developed transmission problems with only 2,500 miles on it. Was making a loud whining noise like an old Ford power steering pump run low on fluid, and it would surge going up hills, and it lurched forward a few times when I started it, once with a big clunk. So the second time I had it back to the shop to be fixed and had to drive home one of their crappy loaners, I started looking, AGAIN, for another truck. Found a nice new 2019 Silverado LTZ, WHITE. Figured the 2015 2500HD Z71 LTZ, and the 2017 Camaro, and the 2018 High Country were ALL BLACK, maybe a white truck would BREAK THE CURSE. So I called and had a talk with them about the new truck and they tried to give me the, "well you're High Country is the old body style," well SO WHAT, IT'S ONLY 8 MONTHS OLD. Ticked me off, so I said no way in hell to their DEAL and let them stew a bit on losing a sale. They called me back and asked what kind of a deal I was thinking of, AND informed me that they had contacted GM and they were willing to kick in almost $4,000 to help cover any differences because of the trans problems with the other NEW truck. So I pitched them my terms and we went back and forth and finally came to an agreeable deal. But I didn't find out until the last minute that this new truck is RARE, it was special ordered by someone that changed their mind and bought a big 2500HD diesel instead, but this truck has what they call the "Max Trailering Package," which is a larger ring and pinion gear in the rear end, and lower gears, and heavy duty rear springs, a larger radiator, larger alternator, the 15 different views in the center display for trailering and so on. Well, I was quite pleasantly surprised to find all this out. This truck isn't really a 1/2 ton, and not quite a 3/4 ton, it's like a 5/8 ton. It also has the new 10 speed transmission, and I love it. I love everything about this new truck actually, and it drives like a million bucks. It was very close in price to the High Country too, but I actually like it better. They added a whole bunch of new options and cool stuff on the 2019's. I'm very happy. Now I hope I don't have any problems with it. I swear if I do I'll never buy another Chevy truck. I hate Dodge and Ford though too so, I don't know what I'd do. Find an old 1985 Chevy or something.

But, here it is. Has a two tone interior too, which is also hard to find. Super nice truck I think...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-20-2019 at 10:19 AM.