Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default I Just Might Do Something Really Crazy Here...

@darin might like this... I might trade my big new truck in on this...

https://www.joneschev.com/VehicleDet...-WI/2911390903

I doubt I'll ever follow through the idea of buying a trailer and pulling it down south with the truck each winter. I think I'd be much more prone to just drive down and rent something. So, why have TWO trucks? I think I need a hotrod before I'm too old to enjoy it.

Don't know why they say the SS is an 8 speed auto on the website, it is indeed a 6 speed manual. I know, I drove it, and you can see in the pictures it's a manual also. The thing is an absolute BEAST... a MONSTER... a pavement blistering BARBARIAN. I love it. I've been itching to get another hotrod for a long time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

With your back problems? Hope you got good knees too. My brother has always had sports cars like that. I feel like I'm climbing down to get in. I basically have to pull myself out of my daughter's car by my arms.

When I downsize I'm going from my truck to a Jeep. No cars. I don't even know if I can drive a car.

It is nice though.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

if you do...get that bitch to a track day so it can stretch its legs.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    if you do...get that bitch to a track day so it can stretch its legs.
    Ain't no tracks around here, bro... ALL the little country backroads are "the track"...

Just gotta watch out for them deers, aye...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Been pouring over the numbers and near as I can figure, my truck has an NADA trade in value of $39,275.00, and that doesn't even include a few goodies I've added to it, like the factory Chevy mud flaps, and a K&N air cleaner filter, and doesn't include the LUND bed cover, etc, but I think I should actually come out with a nice chunk to my credit on the existing loan balance I have now on the truck, and if I just refinanced, my monthly payments should actually go down. If they play fair with me, and they should, I've bought 2 high dollar rides from them already, then the car is mine. But if they hit me with a deal where I actually owe MORE, then I'm just going to laugh and say "forget it." I know for a fact that every month that car sits on that lot, and with it being a 2017 it's been sitting there awhile, they LOSE MONEY. So I'm counting on them being VERY motivated to sell it. I'm going to be looking for a DEAL, and I know damn well my truck would be 50 times easier to sell than that car, and SELLING vehicles is where they make their money, NOT the service department. I learned that working at Reno Harley Davidson. Good used trucks FLY off the lots around here. There's more trucks on the roads than cars.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I love a Camero! Just like I loved the old 66-71 Chevelles!

But my knees and back do not like getting in and out of them nowadays,
    so I will stay with my GMC Yukon.!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    With your back problems? Hope you got good knees too. My brother has always had sports cars like that. I feel like I'm climbing down to get in. I basically have to pull myself out of my daughter's car by my arms.

When I downsize I'm going from my truck to a Jeep. No cars. I don't even know if I can drive a car.

It is nice though.
    My back ain't that bad... Knees are good.

I've been an incurable hotrod my entire life, and contrary to what many might believe, you NEVER outgrow it. It's in your DNA. I've had a bunch of hotrods in my life, and that's why I ultimately became a Harley Tech. But it's been a long, long time since I've had a hotrod. I was around when they were having their "coming of age," and all the huge horse power asphalt burners back in the early 70's. Then the fuel crap hit and emissions controls so all the horse power disappeared. Compression ratios dropped and all those muscle cars turned into gutless piece of crap. So like a lot of people, I didn't have a hotrod for many, many years, but with all the new technology they've been able to figure out how to increase the compression ratio again and get that horse power back and still have a clean low emissions engine.

I'm going to be 63 in July... I'm thinking one last bad to the bone hotrod before I'm too freakin' old to enjoy it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-15-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    My back ain't that bad... Knees are good.

I've been an incurable hotrod my entire life, and contrary to what many might believe, you NEVER outgrow it. It's in your DNA. I've had a bunch of hotrods in my life, and that's why I ultimately became a Harley Tech. But it's been a long, long time since I've had a hotrod. I was around when they were having their "coming of age," and all the huge horse power asphalt burners back in the early 70's. Then the fuel crap hit and emissions controls so all the horse power disappeared. Compression ratios dropped and all those muscle cars turned into gutless piece of crap. So like a lot of people, I didn't have a hotrod for many, many years, but with all the new technology they've been able to figure out how to increase the compression ratio again and get that horse power back and still have a clean low emissions engine.

I'm going to be 63 in July... I'm thinking one last bad to the bone hotrod before I'm too freakin' old to enjoy it.
    I've had a truck or a Jeep since I could get financing for one. I had a hotrod in the 70s. A 70 Olds 442. After I got married when I was in the Marines, I "proudly" drove off the lot in an 84 Ranger.

My truck may as well be a hotrod. A GMC 3/4 ton with a 6 ltr 8 under the hood. I'd have to add weight to the rear to keep the wheels on the ground.

I just never care for cars. I'm way up here and you're way down there sitting on the street. If you rear ended me you'd probably clear the rear bumper to the tires
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I've had a truck or a Jeep since I could get financing for one. I had a hotrod in the 70s. A 70 Olds 442. After I got married when I was in the Marines, I "proudly" drove off the lot in an 84 Ranger.

My truck may as well be a hotrod. A GMC 3/4 ton with a 6 ltr 8 under the hood. I'd have to add weight to the rear to keep the wheels on the ground.

I just never care for cars. I'm way up here and you're way down there sitting on the street. If you rear ended me you'd probably clear the rear bumper to the tires
    I'll always have my 1997 GMC, 350 with lots of goody upgrades, 6 inch Pro Comp lift, 33" BF Goodrich A/T, rear posi, 5 speed... on and on... see that's also playing into buying the Camaro, why the frick do I need TWO trucks? And yes, my Chevy is a huge 3/4 ton just like your GMC, got the 6.0ltr, 360hp, 380 ft lbs of torque, rear locker, LTZ with the Z71 off road package, has every damn bell and whistle you can get on one... I don't need it. And I think the same thing you do when I'm in either of my trucks... if someone runs into me they're going UNDER me. I might get a little lift but they're going to be DECAPITATED. I'll go home, they'll go to the morgue.

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-15-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I'll always have my 1997 GMC, 350 with lots of goody upgrades, 6 inch Pro Comp lift, 33" BF Goodrich A/T, rear posi, 5 speed... on and on... see that's also playing into buying the Camaro, why the frick do I need TWO trucks? And yes, my Chevy is a huge 3/4 ton just like your GMC, got the 6.0ltr, 360hp, 380 ft lbs of torque, rear locker, LTZ with the Z71 off road package, has every damn bell and whistle you can get on one... I don't need it. And I think the same thing you do when I'm in either of my trucks... if someone runs into me they're going UNDER me. I might get a little lift but they're going to be DECAPITATED. I'll go home, they'll go to the morgue.

Great minds ....

Fire engine red 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD w/6.0 ltr V-8. I haven't done a lot to it. Put polished aluminum "wagon wheel" rims on it, a Ranch Hand rear bumper made or REAL steel, and a Rhino liner which has been worth its weight n gold. Also put in a Pioneer CD player. I don't remember now but I think it came with a cassette.

I didn't think anybody had an older dinosaur than mine