Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Ok, I’ll be blunt- they tend to drive like they are over-compensating for a less than ideal-sized you-know-what. Cutting in and out of traffic for no apparent reason, darkened windows, extra loud muffler, look at me paint jobs. Of course, all kinds of cars have drivers like that. It just seems to be an epidemic with Charger drivers.

My daughter is the one who actually pointed this out to me!

Sorry for anyone here who drives like that.
    I can see that...

I had to call my insurance and discuss buying the Camaro with them, and they said ins would be around $94 a month. So long as it wasn't over $100 I'm good. The truck is already $74. But as far as the way I drive that Camaro goes, like I told my ins guy, I'd drive it like I do all my vehicles, with respect. I told him 5 years from now the car might have 7 or 8 thousand miles on it, that it'll sit in my shop more than anything else, and if I decided to sell it the salesman could tell a prospective buyer that it was owned by a little old lady that only drove it to church on Sunday, and it would be believable... ... I'd baby it for sure. Of course I'd have to get my foot in a little here and there, but you wouldn't catch me roasting the tires off doing hole shots and that sort of nonsense. I think it would be fun knowing that others know what the car is capable of, that it could suck their headlights out with little to no effort, so there's no need to prove it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-15-2018 at 07:25 PM.

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Just enjoy it....its new....its fun....it cool and it will make you feel Healthier...I know you know what Im talkin about!

4. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I love a Camero! Just like I loved the old 66-71 Chevelles!

But my knees and back do not like getting in and out of them nowadays,
    so I will stay with my GMC Yukon.!
    I just bought a new Denali last year. Had a 2004 for 13 years. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

My grandson got a blue 2018 Camaro ZL1 for his 16th birthday last week. It had 16 miles on it. However, he doesn't know how to drive stick shift yet and his grades are not up to par so it will be awhile. Incentive ....
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

8. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    My grandson got a blue 2018 Camaro ZL1 for his 16th birthday last week. It had 16 miles on it. However, he doesn't know how to drive stick shift yet and his grades are not up to par so it will be awhile. Incentive ....
    What. the. fuck? The ZL1? For a 16 year old?

Zero to 60 mph‎: ‎3.5 sec
    Power‎: ‎650 hp @ 6400 rpm
    Do they hate the kid? Do they want him to die?

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

10. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, SassyLady thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Funny thing about the cars we are discussing...

My little 175hp Mini sees more speed than Super/Muscle cars - like...all the time. I pass 100mph every day to and from work.

Would love to give hundreds of millions to lobby states to adopt german traffic laws, rules. It's about time, in the USA.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I just bought a new Denali last year. Had a 2004 for 13 years. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
    I had a 1975 and a 1977 Chevy Blazer, then a 2002 and a 2011 Chevy Tahoe, all basically the same thing as the Denali. I love those vehicles too.

13. Thanks darin, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    What. the. fuck? The ZL1? For a 16 year old?

Do they hate the kid? Do they want him to die?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Giving a MAJOR muscle car to a little kid? First, must be nice to be RICH, and second, he'll wrap that thing around the first telephone pole.

When I worked at Reno HD, we'd see these "adults" come in and want to instantly be mister bad ass biker, and they'd buy a brand new bike and send it back to us in the service department and we'd bolt on a shit load of go fast goodies, like a big bore stroker kit and all the trimmings, race tune, the works, some would leave with 125 HP plus, and these guys that have never ridden in their life but have a pocket full of money would come and get on these bikes, and then CRASH THEM a half dozen BLOCKS AWAY or less, and I'm not shittin', saw it happen 2 or 3 times a year.

No offense Sassy, but I think it's HIGHLY irresponsible to give a MASSIVE muscle car to a KID with ZERO experience. I would almost GUARANTEE he piles that car up, and quite possibly kills himself.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-16-2018 at 08:53 AM.

15. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I'll always have my 1997 GMC, 350 with lots of goody upgrades, 6 inch Pro Comp lift, 33" BF Goodrich A/T, rear posi, 5 speed... on and on... see that's also playing into buying the Camaro, why the frick do I need TWO trucks? And yes, my Chevy is a huge 3/4 ton just like your GMC, got the 6.0ltr, 360hp, 380 ft lbs of torque, rear locker, LTZ with the Z71 off road package, has every damn bell and whistle you can get on one... I don't need it. And I think the same thing you do when I'm in either of my trucks... if someone runs into me they're going UNDER me. I might get a little lift but they're going to be DECAPITATED. I'll go home, they'll go to the morgue.

Great minds ....

Fire engine red 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD w/6.0 ltr V-8. I haven't done a lot to it. Put polished aluminum "wagon wheel" rims on it, a Ranch Hand rear bumper made or REAL steel, and a Rhino liner which has been worth its weight n gold. Also put in a Pioneer CD player. I don't remember now but I think it came with a cassette.

I didn't think anybody had an older dinosaur than mine
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

17. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I had a 1975 and a 1977 Chevy Blazer, then a 2002 and a 2011 Chevy Tahoe, all basically the same thing as the Denali. I love those vehicles too.
    My first car was even slower...77 IH Scout II 304ci, 4sp and 1st was granny gear and barely used anyway

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

My first car was even slower...77 IH Scout II 304ci, 4sp and 1st was granny gear and barely used anyway
    That was your FIRST CAR? Wow... at least it had the V-8 in it.

We had a little 1969 Scout with the 4 banger in it. Believe it or not, that 4 banger propelled that little Scout right on down the road pretty dang good. The thing was unstoppable too, we couldn't get it stuck. I think the only reason my Dad ever bought it was because I bugged the heck out of him to buy a 4 wheel drive. He really liked it after he bought it. We rescued my sister and Mom one time from clear across Madison in a major blizzard. Cars stuck and in the ditch everywhere and that little Scout just plowed along, in some deep snow, and apparently my Dad wasn't satisfied when we got near our house so he drove off the road into the ditch and ditch ran for a bit, and still couldn't get the little Scout stuck. We were ALL liking it then.

My first car was a hand me down from my parents, a 1966 Dodge Monaco, FOUR DOOR. They gave me a price I could afford and it was a car, so I bought it, but the first thing I did when I could afford it was buy a hotrod. At one point I had 3 cars. A 1970 AMC AMX, a 1969 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, and a 1967 Chevy Chevelle, with a Vette engine in it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-16-2018 at 09:10 AM.

21. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Great minds ....

Fire engine red 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD w/6.0 ltr V-8. I haven't done a lot to it. Put polished aluminum "wagon wheel" rims on it, a Ranch Hand rear bumper made or REAL steel, and a Rhino liner which has been worth its weight n gold. Also put in a Pioneer CD player. I don't remember now but I think it came with a cassette.

I didn't think anybody had an older dinosaur than mine
    I could be wrong, but I'll bet your Jimmy is the same color red as my Jimmy, and they call that "Victory Red."

I love trucks... I wouldn't be without one. It's been a long, long time since I've owned a car, like back to 1990.

23. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Those were awesome. Back when I was a young jarhead stationed in the desert we used to go 4-wheeling a lot and friend of a friend had one. That thing that bulletproof.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

25. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Just don’t get a Dodge Charger.
    They ride like a skateboard, No suspension.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

27. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I could be wrong, but I'll bet your Jimmy is the same color red as my Jimmy, and they call that "Victory Red."

I love trucks... I wouldn't be without one. It's been a long, long time since I've owned a car, like back to 1990.
    Mine's not a Jimmy. Those are GMC's small trucks. I have to be careful where I park in mine so I can get out without crushing someone.

The color is "fire engine red". It's a bit brighter. My truck was the first year they had the Heavy Duty model and the 6.0 litre engine. Basically, I bought an experiment

GM always tests their trucks out as GMC's to see if they will catch on. If they do, you will find a spiffier version in the Chevy Silverado; which, is exactly what happened with the HD. All of the big American auto makers used to do that. Oldsmobile was the test run for Buick. Ford was the test run for Mercury. GMC for Chevy.

In 17 years I have had to change the oil, replace the battery a couple times and change out a burnt out light bulb. Oh, and new tires and I DID ditch the factory rims as quickly as I could. Other than that, I've had zero issues with it. Most importantly ... it's paid for. THAT alone keeps me hesitant to get anything new. I really don't need a 3/4 ton pickup to run back and forth to the store. When I got it, I was doing commercial electrical work and owned my own house so it came in quite handy.

29. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post