Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Love me some Cobras. I'll post pics this summer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

My daughter and SIL are car geeks. They own one of those General Lee cars, Tesla, Range Rover, Hummer, KIA, Mustangs, Surburbans, Marauder, my old 85 Monte Carlo Ss and several other toys. I think this will be their new toy until he's able to handle it. They just wanted his birthday to be special. It could be months before he's allowed to drive. They have an older Honda stick he'll have to use to learn on.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

3. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well it's in it's new home... I bought it... pics coming...

5. Thanks Black Diamond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

7. Thanks Black Diamond, Abbey Marie, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Too many options and shit to even start in on right now, I'm still learning it... but I can change all the colors in the dash and that lit trim, it has a HUD, it has magnetic ride sensing and 3 different modes, rpm matching for shifts, on and on... I'm tired, long day... going to "play" with it tomorrow, see what I can figure out with all these options... found out this Camaro was custom ordered by the owner of the dealer... but just babying it coming home... words can't describe... this thing is WICKED powerful.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-16-2018 at 10:31 PM.

9. Thanks Abbey Marie, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Have fun, T! I know you will.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

11. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Thats awesome!!! Congrats!!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

455 horse power 6.2 liter, 6 speed manual with rpm matching, if you want, has "cut outs" on the exhaust for STRAIGHT THROUGH "racing," and it's LOUD, has digitally controlled magnetic ride sensing, "TOURING, SPORT and TRACK" modes... I'm in hotrod heaven... drove it around some more and even babying it, it's just WICKED powerful... has a 6,500 RPM red line and I haven't even hardly gone over 3,000. They say it doesn't need any engine break in time, but I'm not good with that. I'm going to baby it for at least 500 miles. It has 11.7:1 compression ratio so it DEFINITELY needs PREMO gas, just an unreal car... I'm in AWE... can't believe it's sitting behind me. You have to damn near LAY DOWN to get in it... ya Gunny... MY BACK... LOL... but once you're in it, it's AWESOME, you just get SUCKED INTO the seat. The car only comes up to my chest, it's LOW, and the windows are pretty narrow. It's like sitting in a race car, and I freakin' LOVE IT! I'm so damn wound up I probably won't sleep tonight...

It's also keyless... you just just have the fob in your pocket and get in it and push a button to start it, push the button to shut it off. You walk away and it locks itself. You walk near it and it unlocks itself. If you happen to leave the fob in the car and walk away, it beeps 3 times real fast at you like... HEY, you forgot your FOB, dumbass... But hidden in the fob is a key for in case the battery is ever dead you can unlock it, and the key hole is hidden. The little silver button on the outside door handle will manually lock or unlock it too so long as you're standing near it with the fob. The parking brake is just a button. Just all too cool.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-17-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

welcome to new-school electronic wizardry meets good ol' fashioned brute force. Highly suggest driving however long it takes to a track and do a driver education day with it; and an instructor in the car. You'd be amazed at how much faster "the car" (really the driver) gets. AND will help you in emergency situations if needed.

Very happy for you Tom. Lots happy!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

16. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    welcome to new-school electronic wizardry meets good ol' fashioned brute force. Highly suggest driving however long it takes to a track and do a driver education day with it; and an instructor in the car. You'd be amazed at how much faster "the car" (really the driver) gets. AND will help you in emergency situations if needed.

Very happy for you Tom. Lots happy!
    Believe it or not, "back in the day," a couple brothers, real brothers, and I raced. We had a 1955 and a 1958 Hobby Stock race cars. We raced at Oregon Capital Super Speedway, and Columbus Speedway. I went to school with the Moore Brothers that owned Columbus speedway... so this ain't my first rodeo with a hot car. I've owned a couple pretty fast hotrods and I've built hotrod engines for cars and bikes. I've ridden Harley Davidsons with so much horse power it would soil most people's pants. Speed and power and I are very well acquainted. But I take your advice as good advice and I appreciate the thought, man... really. I'll be fine, and really, I have no plans to whoop the tar otta that Camaro. I do plan to baby it. Sure I'll get on it, that's what it was made to do, but only occasionally. It's got a good home with me and I'm going to take extremely good care of it. It's going to have a nice life as long as it belongs to me.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-17-2018 at 01:39 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Believe it or not, "back in the day," a couple brothers, real brothers, and I raced. We had a 1955 and a 1958 Hobby Stock race cars. We raced at Oregon Capital Super Speedway, and Columbus Speedway. I went to school with the Moore Brothers that owned Columbus speedway... so this ain't my first rodeo with a hot car. I've owned a couple pretty fast hotrods and I've built hotrod engines for cars and bikes. I've ridden Harley Davidsons with so much horse power it would soil most people's pants. Speed and power and I are very well acquainted. But I take your advice as good advice and I appreciate the thought, man... really. I'll be fine, and really, I have no plans to whoop the tar otta that Camaro. I do plan to baby it. Sure I'll get on it, that's what it was made to do, but only occasionally. It's got a good home with me and I'm going to take extremely good care of it. It's going to have a nice life as long as it belongs to me.
    I mis-stated my goal. It wasn't to advise you to become better or imply you need training - it was rooted in "Take it to the track because it's fucking FUN...and driving is a skill and safety and stuff....but FUN"

19. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I mis-stated my goal. It wasn't to advise you to become better or imply you need training - it was rooted in "Take it to the track because it's fucking FUN...and driving is a skill and safety and stuff....but FUN"
    I know your intentions are always honorable, brother...

I'm sure here and there I'll have a little fun with it, I mean, it IS a serious hotrod, it was BUILT to GO FAST, and you can feel that when you drive it. It's just BEGGING you to GET ON IT. But one other thing is, I can only imagine what those huge meats on the back cost per tire. I really don't want to roast those off, even though I could.

Not sure I like the factory wheels. If they don't grow on me, I'm going to look at something different.

21. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Too many options and shit to even start in on right now, I'm still learning it... but I can change all the colors in the dash and that lit trim, it has a HUD, it has magnetic ride sensing and 3 different modes, rpm matching for shifts, on and on... I'm tired, long day... going to "play" with it tomorrow, see what I can figure out with all these options... found out this Camaro was custom ordered by the owner of the dealer... but just babying it coming home... words can't describe... this thing is WICKED powerful.
    Changing the colors was one of the first things my grandson showed me.

23. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    And that's assuming kids can't reprogram it.
    My SIL is tech geek so I'm pretty sure my grandson won't be able to pull one over on him.

25. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    My SIL is tech geek so I'm pretty sure my grandson won't be able to pull one over on him.
    These days it seems you'd have to be.