Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
Doesn't matter at all. Any exercises going on were planned years ago - at least started planning; and they may be annual exercises anyway - and probably exercises used to evaluate readiness. They are not provocative; they are not new or sudden; they are training and training the way the Soldiers there have done it for decades. NK is just cherry picking shit to manipulate stuff. NK is like a really naggy, bitchy partner - they know only this: Passive-aggressive stammering and rolling on the floor throwing a fit until they get their way. Up until Trump most US Presidents were enabling helicopter type parents who satiated instead of corrected.

God i'm good. I hadn't clicked the link until after replying:

mmhmm.
I understand exercise planning very well. The hard schedule is 3 years out, with two "soft" years proposed. I consider that irrelevant to the situation. Improvise, adapt and overcome. If we are THAT inflexible it's a wonder we even won in Grenada. The fact is we are NOT that inflexible. I guarantee you those Soldiers, Sailors and Marines won't miss it a bit. If we don't have this sh*t down after 70 years we might as well not be there anyway.

Right now, WE appear to be the bullies. I hate bullies, and there is NOTHING in ANY American idealism I ever learned that has bullying on the list. We have the power and the strength and that knowledge is what makes us better and secure within ourselves. If we have to go around flexing muscle then we aren't so secure in our position and feel the need to prove something.

And yes, that IS a life philosophy for me. Even being not as big and monstrous as I used to be, I'm still bigger stature-wise than most people and mostly muscle. I wear loose-fitting shirts and if doesn't have sleeves it doesn't leave the property. I have nothing to prove. I am secure in the knowledge that I can take someone out if I have to. We, as a Nation, do not need to be running around in tight tee shirts showing off.

We stand to gain a lot and end a 70 years old headache. That's not worth strutting around like a peacock to me.