Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Not concerned at all. Read Art of the Deal. This is all part of Trump's master plan.

NK just pulled a power move. They know Trump is desperate to make history. NK in control.
    Last edited by pete311; 05-16-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Doesn't matter at all. Any exercises going on were planned years ago - at least started planning; and they may be annual exercises anyway - and probably exercises used to evaluate readiness. They are not provocative; they are not new or sudden; they are training and training the way the Soldiers there have done it for decades. NK is just cherry picking shit to manipulate stuff. NK is like a really naggy, bitchy partner - they know only this: Passive-aggressive stammering and rolling on the floor throwing a fit until they get their way. Up until Trump most US Presidents were enabling helicopter type parents who satiated instead of corrected.

God i'm good. I hadn't clicked the link until after replying:

mmhmm.
    I understand exercise planning very well. The hard schedule is 3 years out, with two "soft" years proposed. I consider that irrelevant to the situation. Improvise, adapt and overcome. If we are THAT inflexible it's a wonder we even won in Grenada. The fact is we are NOT that inflexible. I guarantee you those Soldiers, Sailors and Marines won't miss it a bit. If we don't have this sh*t down after 70 years we might as well not be there anyway.

Right now, WE appear to be the bullies. I hate bullies, and there is NOTHING in ANY American idealism I ever learned that has bullying on the list. We have the power and the strength and that knowledge is what makes us better and secure within ourselves. If we have to go around flexing muscle then we aren't so secure in our position and feel the need to prove something.

And yes, that IS a life philosophy for me. Even being not as big and monstrous as I used to be, I'm still bigger stature-wise than most people and mostly muscle. I wear loose-fitting shirts and if doesn't have sleeves it doesn't leave the property. I have nothing to prove. I am secure in the knowledge that I can take someone out if I have to. We, as a Nation, do not need to be running around in tight tee shirts showing off.

We stand to gain a lot and end a 70 years old headache. That's not worth strutting around like a peacock to me.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I understand exercise planning very well. The hard schedule is 3 years out, with two "soft" years proposed. I consider that irrelevant to the situation. Improvise, adapt and overcome. If we are THAT inflexible it's a wonder we even won in Grenada. The fact is we are NOT that inflexible. I guarantee you those Soldiers, Sailors and Marines won't miss it a bit. If we don't have this sh*t down after 70 years we might as well not be there anyway.

Right now, WE appear to be the bullies. I hate bullies, and there is NOTHING in ANY American idealism I ever learned that has bullying on the list. We have the power and the strength and that knowledge is what makes us better and secure within ourselves. If we have to go around flexing muscle then we aren't so secure in our position and feel the need to prove something.

And yes, that IS a life philosophy for me. Even being not as big and monstrous as I used to be, I'm still bigger stature-wise than most people and mostly muscle. I wear loose-fitting shirts and if doesn't have sleeves it doesn't leave the property. I have nothing to prove. I am secure in the knowledge that I can take someone out if I have to. We, as a Nation, do not need to be running around in tight tee shirts showing off.

We stand to gain a lot and end a 70 years old headache. That's not worth strutting around like a peacock to me.
    ITA Gunny... my thoughts exactly. We know what to do if the shit hit the fan in the Korean peninsula ALREADY. We've only been "practicing" for DECADES. Calling off these exercises would look VERY GOOD towards CALMING things, and yes they could very easily be called off, and we all know that these exercises WERE meant to show NOKO that "we're here, and we're ready to fuck with you." Is that the message we need to be sending RIGHT NOW, with HISTORIC MOVEMENT towards ENDING just that? I say no... FUCK NO. End ALL these "exercises" until this negotiation is over, as a show of good faith. We're still there, we haven't left, we still know damn well what to do if the shit hits the fan, we've been practicing it for DECADES, so just COOL IT for awhile. I mean COOLING IT is what the president and Un meeting is all about, isn't it? So we don't have to do this crap anymore. If people say this is just Kim grasping for straws looking for reasons to throw a wrench in the gears, well I think we GAVE it to him. This just looks bad. We're there to negotiate a historic peace, and yet we're still playing WAR by Kim's back door. Not good... we should end that crap, indefinitely. If these talks are successful, we night not have to ever play war in Korea again. Think of the money we could save.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-16-2018 at 08:20 AM.

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Not concerned at all. Read Art of the Deal. This is all part of Trump's master plan.

NK just pulled a power move. They know Trump is desperate to make history. NK in control.
    That is a stupid comment @pete311. Trump has won. THAT is the point You'll never admit that, but it's game over. Un caved. He's attention-whoring, but caved nonetheless.

Let the little bastard save some face while using common sense. THAT is called being a gracious winner and strokes the little attention whore's feather.

How do you figure Trump's desperate. He was ready to blow the place off the map. Un is the one that came crawling for a deal. Just can't stand that, can you? Got to twist it into something negative. I hope it burns your ass
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

That is a stupid comment @pete311. Trump has won. THAT is the point You'll never admit that, but it's game over. Un caved. He's attention-whoring, but caved nonetheless.

Let the little bastard save some face while using common sense. THAT is called being a gracious winner and strokes the little attention whore's feather.

How do you figure Trump's desperate. He was ready to blow the place off the map. Un is the one that came crawling for a deal. Just can't stand that, can you? Got to twist it into something negative. I hope it burns your ass
    Pete has been rooting for Un since November 2016.

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Pete has been rooting for Un since November 2016.
    Yeah, but it's nothing personal. Pete could care less about Un. He just wants Trump to fail, regardless cost to the country. Skewed politics come first.

11. Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yeah, but it's nothing personal. Pete could care less about Un. He just wants Trump to fail, regardless cost to the country. Skewed politics come first.
    Putting un in front of the American president is screwed up. I never rooted for our enemies over Obama at the expense of America, which it always would be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

He'd be WORSE off than ever if he called of the talks, and I'm sure he knows that. I believe his squawking is all about getting a better deal for NK and/or himself of course, and concessions and perhaps looking for them quicker.

I don'mind getting the boots off the throat.... but any and all concessions should have attachments of completions and continued cooperation - certainly not threats.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Putting un in front of the American president is screwed up. I never rooted for our enemies over Obama at the expense of America, which it always would be.
    I have to admit, I got a kick out of Putin punking Obama. I know it doesn't seem right, but he earned it.

Difference between Obama and Trump is rump has operated within the law and in our best interest, agree with his decisions or not. His Majesty Obama did whatever he wanted regardless the law or the best interest of the US and the World.

15. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I have to admit, I got a kick out of Putin punking Obama. I know it doesn't seem right, but he earned it.

Difference between Obama and Trump is rump has operated within the law and in our best interest, agree with his decisions or not. His Majesty Obama did whatever he wanted regardless the law or the best interest of the US and the World.
    I think many people around the world saw Putin as a leader because he was everything Obama wasn't. Bold and ballsy for starters.

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    He'd be WORSE off than ever if he called of the talks, and I'm sure he knows that. I believe his squawking is all about getting a better deal for NK and/or himself of course, and concessions and perhaps looking for them quicker.

I don'mind getting the boots off the throat.... but any and all concessions should have attachments of completions and continued cooperation - certainly not threats.
    There will be talks. Question is will Kim keep his word on whatever is agreed upon.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

NK will further destroy the main nuclear testing facility, and bringing in the investigators and media to monitor and view. Sure, THEY are in control.

What they did was guarantee that this would happen prior to any summit. Once done, no reversal at that location. It will be a win no matter what happens at that point and set them back at that location for years to come. But yeah, the schooled us, huh Petey.

Both sides will huff and puff until any meeting takes place. One will make power moves to show the seriousness, and that NK needs to de-nuclearize, and hopefully end the war. The other side will rattle in the hopes of concessions.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

There will be talks. Question is will Kim keep his word on whatever is agreed upon.
    Nobody will know for sure until it does or does not happen.

I think the little commie will do it given enough attention for it. After all the bluster and crap was stripped away, that appears to be what he wants most. He wants to be recognized by the "big boys' as a big man on campus.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    After hearing about this and reading the OP's link, before I read a single comment, what you said above was exactly what I was thinking.

Little rocket man has come a long way so far I'd say, he's quit shooting off rockets, he's meet with Pompeo already and he's planning to blow up nuke sites, etc, hell, don't push the guy right now. Why fuck up something that appears to be going good and it's historic beyond measure? Just postpone the damn exercises indefinitely. We been doing this shit with SOKO for decades, don't we have a pretty damn good idea how it go by now?

I think it's stupid to hold those military exercises right now. I would have certainly recommended against it. It certainly doesn't seem to fit in with any "art of the deal" narrative in my opinion.

Could it be that this is the essence of the "Art of the Deal"? No meeting has been held, no agreements have been reached and closing down a facility that had a mountain fall on it is giving away nothing. Keeping the pressure on Kim demonstrates that this isn't just another US President desperate for a deal who will reward him for delaying and ultimately going back on his word. Kim sees that China was the first nation to speak up and say that he should go ahead with the June Summit. In addition they have kept all banking and trade embargoes in place in exchange for a telecom deal with Pres Trump. So what did Kim witness in the past week? Play ball like the Chinese and you get favorable treatment. Cancel a planned Summit, like Judge Smails said:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    Could it be that this is the essence of the "Art of the Deal"? No meeting has been held, no agreements have been reached and closing down a facility that had a mountain fall on it is giving away nothing. Keeping the pressure on Kim demonstrates that this isn't just another US President desperate for a deal who will reward him for delaying and ultimately going back on his word. Kim sees that China was the first nation to speak up and say that he should go ahead with the June Summit. In addition they have kept all banking and trade embargoes in place in exchange for a telecom deal with Pres Trump. So what did Kim witness in the past week? Play ball like the Chinese and you get favorable treatment. Cancel a planned Summit, like Judge Smails said:
    I hope it works out. I'm more conservative than Trump. I'd have tossed the chihuahua a bone so he'd have something to slobber over for the next couple of weeks.

Not like ther arenelt probably two more exercises scheduled for this year.