Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default In Your Face

DOn't know about anyone else, but I HATE it when people think they have to have their face 2" away from mine to talk to me. So, you step back, and the MFer steps forward to close the distance.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't just start knocking people out. I WILL however take my fingertip, place it on the person's shoulder and step back to arm's length without saying a word. The message is pretty clear and I don't have to say anything.

If I wanted a shower I'd take one and I DON'T want to know what you had for lunch. And my hearing is just fine. Your words do not take on more importance the closer you get.

I hate people in my space period. I don't even like people touching me for ANY reason. I thought I was going to og insane the hospital. Seemed like everyone and their brothers wanted to cop a feel. I felt like this season's most popular toy at Toys R Us

The grandkids, my daughter and my mom comprise the short list.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Ya... I hear THAT... I HATE ANYONE that gets up in my space too close to talk, or thinks they need to rest their hand on my shoulder. Not a good idea. I shift away from them for whatever reason I can to let them know I'm not liking the present situation, and I hope they get the hint, otherwise a more direct approach is needed.

Is that a guy thing?

4. Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Ya... I hear THAT... I HATE ANYONE that gets up in my space too close to talk, or thinks they need to rest their hand on my shoulder. Not a good idea. I shift away from them for whatever reason I can to let them know I'm not liking the present situation, and I hope they get the hint, otherwise a more direct approach is needed.

Is that a guy thing?
    Oh NO You put your hand on me and I will immediately react and move out from under it or jerk away. I will flat tell you don't touch me. It's hurt people's feeling but tough shit. I go by the theory that if I can touch you I can kill you and assume the opposite is just as true.

You keep those little meatbeaters you scratch your balls and your ass with and pick your nose with to yourself and off of ME.

Awkward: Here in Texas, when you get together with your friends/drinking buddies (of which my wife had to acquire many -- I was fine without them), the men shake hads and the women hug the men. It is considered normal behavior in families and the country n western crowd here. I almost spun through the roof when they first started that shit with me. The shaking hands I was used to but I was DEFINITELY not into the hugging BS.

Worse ... given my hardass, redneck bad boy image, once the women found out that it creeped me out they took absolute delight in it

I think it took me over a year to get used to that shit. And yes, for anyone wondering, I AM a paranoid germaphobe
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-19-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You keep those little meatbeaters you scratch your balls and your ass with and pick your nose with to yourself and off of ME.
    -------------------------------

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Oh NO You put your hand on me and I will immediately react and move out from under it or jerk away. I will flat tell you don't touch me. It's hurt people's feeling but tough shit. I go by the theory that if I can touch you I can kill you and assume the opposite is just as true.

Awkward: Here in Texas, when you get together with your friends/drinking buddies (of which my wife had to acquire many -- I was fine without them), the men shake hads and the women hug the men. It is considered normal behavior in families and the country n western crowd here. I almost spun through the roof when they first started that shit with me. The shaking hands I was used to but I was DEFINITELY not into the hugging BS.

Worse ... given my hardass, redneck bad boy image, one the women found out that it creeped me out they took absolute delight in it

I think it took me over a year to get used to that shit. And yes, for anyone wondering, I AM a paranoid germaphobe
    Noir still wants to give you a hug.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Noir still wants to give you a hug.
    Noir. Was he on this board or USMB? All I remember about him is whiny shit leftwingnut.

I've never had a guy try to hug. Probably best for whoever it didn't happen. I still got a pretty good double stiff-arm to the chest. That person WOULD end up sitting on the floor several feet away.

10. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Noir. Was he on this board or USMB? All I remember about him is whiny shit leftwingnut.

I've never had a guy try to hug. Probably best for whoever it didn't happen. I still got a pretty good double stiff-arm to the chest. That person WOULD end up sitting on the floor several feet away.

Hes at this one. He lives in Northern Ireland

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post

Hes at this one. He lives in Northern Ireland
    Oh yeah. The guy with the pic of his faggot-ass looking self as an avatar. Some poof-looking pansy like that ever tried to hug me I'd backhand him so hard in this pea little brain they'd have to replace the wall tiles his face broke.

13. Thanks Black Diamond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Oh yeah. The guy with the pic of his faggot-ass looking self as an avatar. Some poof-looking pansy like that ever tried to hug me I'd backhand him so hard in this pea little brain they'd have to replace the wall tiles his face broke.
    Slap him so hard you both sit down and cry.

Slap him so hard his mama would have a black eye.