Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default The ROYAL Wedding

I've watched maybe a MINUTE of the coverage of it, and I'm SICK OF IT... REALLY... I don't give a RATS ASS about these... ahem... "ROYALS." Royal my ass, they're just PEOPLE, they shit, piss, shower, dress and undress just like everyone else on the PLANET. Why make such a BIG DEAL out of these two PEOPLE? I couldn't care LESS.

$34,000,000 spent on all that POMP and EXTRAVAGANCE. WHAT FOR?

I wonder what all the MUSLIMS in London think of it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-19-2018 at 08:32 AM.

2. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

It's all over my TV which I find annoying. I was looking for NEWS. Barbie married Ken. Yay Can we get on with something important like the weather?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I have not watched one second of it and will not unless I come across it by accident when flipping through the channels. Why should I, what are those people to me? Nothing.
    I have always been amazed all people that stand in awe of royalty and/or other high profile public people.
    My take is --- they eat, sleep and die like the rest of us and just because certain privileges are gained by wealth and fame, etc- makes them no better than any other human on earth.
    Kinda funny to watch others go ape-shit crazy of such nonsense but hey people are oft shallow , crazy, stupid and /or easily led by their noses ( news media, etc.)...
    A man that is honorable, stands his own ground, never backs down, helps others when possible deserves respect, whereas wealth and fame, family heritage garners none for me unless those other previously cited qualities lie therein as well. - Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I have not watched one second of it and will not unless I come across it by accident when flipping through the channels. Why should I, what are those people to me? Nothing.
    I have always been amazed all people that stand in awe of royalty and/or other high profile public people.
    My take is --- they eat, sleep and die like the rest of us and just because certain privileges are gained by wealth and fame, etc- makes them no better than any other human on earth.
    Kinda funny to watch others go ape-shit crazy of such nonsense but hey people are oft shallow , crazy, stupid and /or easily led by their noses ( news media, etc.)...
    A man that is honorable, stands his own ground, never backs down, helps others when possible deserves respect, whereas wealth and fame, family heritage garners none for me unless those other previously cited qualities lie therein as well. - Tyr
    It's not even about who they are to me. I didn't even want to go to MY wedding. In hindsight I should have listened to my intuition

I guess it's cool for tradition and whatnot, but it boggles my mind at times the things people find important. This wedding. Hour long documentaries of the screwed of lives of people like Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Miley Cyrus ... they still run crap all day on JFK on Nov 22nd, Charles Manson every August, MLK every Jan 18th ... It's like who cares?

There's a show on at midnight every night on REELZ that is nothing BUT Hollywood gossip and people eat that crap up. What's Chelsea Clinton doing now? Who f-ing cares? Hopefully looking for a plastic bag to put over her head
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

My wife got up this morning and went and watched it with her "girls night out" group.

10. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    My wife got up this morning and went and watched it with her "girls night out" group.

Bet you can't wait for her to come home and relay the play-by-play to you

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It's not even about who they are to me. I didn't even want to go to MY wedding. In hindsight I should have listened to my intuition

I guess it's cool for tradition and whatnot, but it boggles my mind at times the things people find important. This wedding. Hour long documentaries of the screwed of lives of people like Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Miley Cyrus ... they still run crap all day on JFK on Nov 22nd, Charles Manson every August, MLK every Jan 18th ... It's like who cares?

There's a show on at midnight every night on REELZ that is nothing BUT Hollywood gossip and people eat that crap up. What's Chelsea Clinton doing now? Who f-ing cares? Hopefully looking for a plastic bag to put over her head
    I get 150 some channels but not REELZ. Guess I'm not missing anything.

14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I get 150 some channels but not REELZ. Guess I'm not missing anything.
    Not much. During the day they usually show bio's and one day will be mobsters, then serial killers, f-d up celebrities ... Every once in awhile some campy movie. That show I mentioned about Hollyweirdo's is pretty much the only thing current they have. It's called "Celebrity Page" or something like that.

You aren't missing anything.

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

"The Dorothy Stratten Story: A Hollywood Murder" is on now. She;'s been dead since the 70s. Her best work was her Playboy layout because it sure as Hell wasn't that movie she starred in.

Good thing I get more than one channel

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    "The Dorothy Stratten Story: A Hollywood Murder" is on now. She;'s been dead since the 70s. Her best work was her Playboy layout because it sure as Hell wasn't that movie she starred in.

Good thing I get more than one channel
    About my favorite channel is MeTo. It's all oldies. I go a week or two ahead in the guide and record all the Hogan's Heros, Gomer Pyle, Petticoat Junction, I Dream of Jeannie, etc. The Smithsonian Channel usually has some good shit on it too.

You realize just how sappy a lot of those old shows are now, but they're still a hell of a lot more fun to watch than 90% of the CRAP on now.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-19-2018 at 03:46 PM.

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Thankfully...Milania Trump is out of the hospital now.

It was great timing for the President to tend to MORE IMPORTANT business than his NON INVITE to Harry's Temporary Hookup with Maxine Waters, and Al Sharpton's favorite Actress and Hypocrite.
    I predict...the wedding won't last long. And not because of any tunnel accident. But rather, after Harry catches her cheating on him with SPIKE LEE...who can put her in Movies faster than Harry can say..."Uh oh!"
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

22. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

... Umm ... well, being British, I see this wedding a little differently. I am used to having a monarchy, and we here see the Royal Family as an asset to our very identity. Something we can take a sense of pride from ...

I'm not strongly pro-Monarchist, but neither am I against them. I certainly don't begrudge them their wedding in any sense, not its finery, not its coverage in the international media.

Take this for what it's worth to you (if anything ?) ... the sermon Bishop Michael Bruce Curry gave at that wedding service. He's an American (no doubt Meghan's being the bride was responsible for an American giving this sermon), and, well, we British aren't used to sermons delivered in quite this way ! He was something of a breath of fresh air to some of us, I think.

To some ... because of his unorthodox delivery (by our standards), he was amusing (he got a couple of laughs). Note the reactions of some of those who attended, as they sat there, listening ...

Certainly Huw Edwards (BBC commentator) was moved to describe his performance as 'forceful and passionate' ....

Last edited by Drummond; 05-19-2018 at 08:05 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

24. Thanks Gunny, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    ... Umm ... well, being British, I see this wedding a little differently. I am used to having a monarchy, and we here see the Royal Family as an asset to our very identity. Something we can take a sense of pride from ...

I'm not strongly pro-Monarchist, but neither am I against them. I certainly don't begrudge them their wedding in any sense, not its finery, not its coverage in the international media.

Take this for what it's worth to you (if anything ?) ... the sermon Bishop Michael Bruce Curry gave at that wedding service. He's an American (no doubt Meghan's being the bride was responsible for an American giving this sermon), and, well, we British aren't used to sermons delivered in quite this way ! He was something of a breath of fresh air to some of us, I think.

To some ... because of his unorthodox delivery (by our standards), he was amusing (he got a couple of laughs). Note the reactions of some of those who attended, as they sat there, listening ...

Certainly Huw Edwards (BBC commentator) was moved to describe his performance as 'forceful and passionate' ....

No offense was intended. In all fairness on MY part, I have yet to watch a Presidential inauguration. Or funeral. I have no interest in them.

I did watch something about Queen Elizabeth because she's been around since before my mother was born. I think the Diana thing burned me out on the Royal Family. She got treated like a queen when she had no official title. I've always wondered who was paying the bills for her to run around the World playing do-gooder after she and Charles divorced.

And in keep with the complaining I was doing above about them having documentaries annually on different celebrities, every anniversary of her death the's got the channel all day long.

26. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I mean no offense to Drummond either, but I just have no time for "ROYALS." I don't think anyone should be a king or a queen or whatever and be insanely rich for doing NOTHING, for just having a TITLE.

I guess I get that from being an American, where we don't have that, and fought against it. We'll elect our leaders. They're not born into it.

28. Thanks Drummond thanked this post