Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStarkey View Post
    The Holy Bibles is not the end all and say all of the word, except for the heretics among the evangelicals, fundamentalists, and Pentecostals. While they are all Christian if they witness Christ as their Lord and Savior, those groups have bad theology.
    Ok, so if the Holy Bible is not "the end all and say all of the word" then what or who is?
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-23-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Ok, so if the Holy Bible is not the end all and say all of the word then what is?

the Popes?
    Some say so.

3. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    well gabby, I'm not sure that the prophets, apostles or Jesus ever said that, if the meetings get boring and the teachings out of step with the times. then change up what we've taught and spice it up a bit to keep members a comin' in.
    And put on a better show boys! for for the young people... update and overhaul.

This scripture comes to mind:
    John 6:65-68 He (Jesus) went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.” From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.“You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

No need to be "boring" on purpose but it's not a show or a regular social club.
    Frankly the churches in the west have had a pretty good run without the type of OUTSIDE persecution the early churches had. (becasue they were so popular?) Seems like were in the twilight of that run. some in the Churches will compromise the teachings of God in an attempt to be more popular. But a few will simply sick with Jesus becasue they have come to believe he is the holy one of God and has the words of eternal life.
    This could be a never ending discussion because there are so many nuances it's ridiculous.

I understand completely what Gabby is trying to say. I have no problem with modernizing church and making it entertaining. There's no rule against it. As I previously stated, I don't remember a single sermon from the Episcopal church because it was boring. They spent as much or more time on pomp and circumstance than teaching. By the time they got to the sermon you were already done 20 minutes prior.

I DO remember most of the things I was taught in the Southern Baptist church because they kept my attention (and I was entertained ). So using effective tools to get the message out is fine with me. Not getting it out is a waste of everyone's time. No one learns a thing.

What I DON'T agree with is, regardless how you get God's word across, it is God's word. His word. It doesn't change because society accepts things God does not. THEN I have an issue and have always had an issue. The left has and still is dragging our society down the toilet. They just NEVER let up on pushing us further left toward the cliff.

And when God gets in their way? They've been steamrolling and vilifying Him like they do anything else that does. The ones that are so arrogant they believe Man is God don't care, and the rest wait for some preacher to tell them it's okay to do it. I guess they think when they have to answer for their sins they think they can blame on the preacher
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post