Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default The Popes New Level Of Disgrace To Written Biblical Scripture...

I can't believe this man. Does he really know what the Bible says? Why is he openly contradicting what GOD said? It's blasphemy, by any definition of the word. I'm not catholic, but this Pope is an absolute disgrace to Christianity, under any denomination. I'm starting to get the impression that this Pope is a homo himself.

Pope's reported comment to a gay man may indicate a new level of acceptance of homosexuality

Pope Francis has reportedly told a gay man that "God made you that way and loves you as you are," apparently pushing the pontiff's acceptance of homosexuality to a new level.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/...520-story.html
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-21-2018 at 06:32 AM.

2. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

he's not wrong. God made people the way people are. God's love knows no limits.

God didn't 'make them gay', though, because God doens't control our choices.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    he's not wrong. God made people the way people are. God's love knows no limits.

God didn't 'make them gay', though, because God doens't control our choices.
    Well, you're wrong too, because God says homosexuality is an abomination.

You're both implying false witness against God's very own words written in the Bible.

Homosexuality comes straight from Satan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Where does any temptation come from? Does God hate sinners at all times or just certain sinners?

Where does grace come from?

Which of God's children does the Bible tell us to hate?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Where does any temptation come from? Does God hate sinners at all times or just certain sinners?

Where does grace come from?

Which of God's children does the Bible tell us to hate?
    You're getting off topic.

The words of "God":

Leviticus 20:13 King James Version (KJV)
    13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

7. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Let’s not confuse two distinct things.

Thing One- whether or not homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible.

Thing Two- whether or not God (and we) have love and compassion for gays.

According to both the OT and the NT, it is a sin. If you are a Bible-believing Christian, this Pope errs when he implies that God is fine with the behavior. And as the infallible leader of many millions of Christians, this is sad.

Does not mean that the Pope or we should be less than compassionate. We all sin, so we all need to show love to others.

Whether people are born gay, as this Pope implies, who knows? They won’t allow the research needed. And even if some are born that way, today we have all sorts of people experimenting with it, like trying a new pizza topping.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post

According to both the OT and the NT, it is a sin. If you are a Bible-believing Christian, this Pope errs when he implies that God is fine with the behavior. And as the infallible leader of many millions of Christians, this is sad.

Does not mean that the Pope or we should be less than compassionate. We all sin, so we all need to show love to others.

Whether people are born gay, as this Pope implies, who knows? They won’t allow the research needed. And even if some are born that way, today we have all sorts of people experimenting with it, like trying a new pizza topping.
    I agree completely.

I don't think society, nor the Church, ANY church, should alter God's words either. The word of God does not change because decadent societies finds it convenient. So, IMO, no, it's not okay with God.

Is it my business unless it directly affects me? No. Does what the Pope have to say mean anything to a Southern Baptist? No. Do I think that given the affect the Pope's words have on about half the World that he should be more responsible with what he says? Yep.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Well said.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

13. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I've always been in the camp of "hate the sin not the sinner," but it just gets under my craw when this obviously progressive Pope spouts off things that are obviously contradictory to what the word of God is as written right in the Bible he's supposed to be the highest of the high to represent.

But another issue with me is, even if you hate the sin but not the sinner, where do you draw the line with that? Where does the sin end the sinner begin? How is it really that they should be separated? Is the sinner not the sin by committing the sin? I struggle with that...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-21-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well, you're wrong too, because God says homosexuality is an abomination.

You're both implying false witness against God's very own words written in the Bible.

Homosexuality comes straight from Satan.
    I wrote "god created man" the way man is - including the choice to sin. Then I wrote - "despite man's decisions, God loves mankind" I'm not wrong; not wrong biblically nor morally.

So me and you say the same thing in essense yet I am "implying false witness against God's very own words written in the Bible." Must be your woman's touch

General statement, not to you specifically Abbey:

Instead of digging through scriptures to create lists of what is or isn't sin, maybe The Church should focus first on Christ's most-important commandments: Love God AND your neighbor. Instead of thinking we 'do sins' (which i am convinced nothing we actually do IS the sin; sin is the condition of our heart that limits our ability to connect with our Creator - the actions are just the symptoms are are probably, spirtually, less important than our heart condition), maybe - just maybe we strive to learn to love people the way they (and/or God) wishes us to love them. It's not Love your neighbor the way YOU want to be loved, it's speak THEIR language by loving them how they want/need to be loved.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I've always been in the camp of "hate the sin not the sinner," but it just gets under my craw when this obviously progressive Pope spouts off things that are obviously contradictory to what the word of God is as written right in the Bible he's supposed to be the highest of the high to represent.

But another issue with me is, even if you hate the sin but not the sinner, where do you draw the line with that? Where does the sin end the sinner begin? How is it really that they should be separated? Is the sinner not the sin by committing the sin? I struggle with that...
    Where it ends with me? Does it affect me. It has had a negative impact on our society as whole. It's represented as WAY more mainstream than it is in the media. Same goes or any other weirdo group except whites. We're just racists when we get covered.

Can I do anything about it? When it comes up for a vote, I make sure I vote. Otherwise, I can't do anything about it, and it isn't up to me to tell others how to get right with God. If I'm asked I will point you to someone who can teach you more than I can. But getting right with God is between each individual and God. There's no buying your way out, getting a stand in or "missing the meeting". It's you and God and you will answer for yourself, not others.

Don't know about you, but I got enough crap under my belt to answer for without taking on someone's else's sins.

The way I read it many moons ago IF the pope or any other person leads people down the wrong path in the name of God, that person will have to answer for it. To God. Not me.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

OK so a few questions...
    would the Pope tell a Serial Killer "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell a Pedophile "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell an unrepentant serial adulterer "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell a Klepomanic "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell a unrepentant wife beater "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell an "animal lover" "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell a necrophile "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"

Somehow i don't think so. Pressures of current social politics playing on this Pope much?
    Maybe it's pressure of the homosexual and or pedophile Priest and Cardinals lobby in Rome?

Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, "neither do i condemn you, go and sin no more."
    Paul said
    ...Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God...
    Corinthians 6 -11

Seems to me folks -especially Christians- should take the words of Paul and Jesus OVER any preacher, Pope, "feelings" or pseudo-science that says anything otherwise.

Yes, God loves us All from Hitler to the kid that only stole a candy bar. but He doesn't gloss over sin. He die for them all.
    Pretending that any of them are of God's making and they should go unaddressed is not what the Bible ask us to imply to "sinners".
    neither has scripture asked us to make compromises with sin so we don't offend.
    Jesus didn't say things that made everyone feel good about their sin did he? He died for them so we could bring them to him and LEAVE them at the cross. daily if we have to.
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-21-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Paul said in Corinthians of the Christians arious sinner in include
    Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, "neither do i condemn you, go and sin no more."
    Paul said
    ...Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God...
    Corinthians 6 -11

Seems to me folks -especially Christians- should take the words of Paul and Jesus OVER any preacher, Pope, "feelings" or pseudo-science that says anything otherwise.
    you just wrote the whole solution. God puts homosexuality upon the same level as people who fuck around (king david), people who steal from others (tax collectors), greedy (progressives/liberals) and swindlers (obama, clinton). And then what happens?

You = all of us.
    Were sactified = how? Through Christ.

Remember, at the end of time hell and sin and death are consumed by god's love (lake of fire) and through the process Christ's words are fullfilled:

You SHALL love the lord your god with all your heart mind and soul. You SHALL love your neighbors as yourselves. "shall love" sounds more like prophecy.

just as many were condemned - without their choice or action - in Sin through adam, in Christ ALL shall be saved.

1 Corinthians 15:22
    For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

The greek use the word pas for all, pas means "the whole, entire"

so - again, if we stop worrying about this shit and spend more time learning to Love, which is God, the better we and the world around us becomes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    OK so a few questions...
    would the Pope tell a Serial Killer "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell a Pedophile "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell an unrepentant serial adulterer "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell a Klepomanic "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell a unrepentant wife beater "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell an "animal lover" "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"
    would the Pope tell a necrophile "God made you that way and loves you as you are,"

Somehow i don't think so. Pressures of current social politics playing on this Pope much?
    Maybe it's pressure of the homosexual and or pedophile Priest and Cardinals lobby in Rome?

Paul said
    Corinthians 6 -11

All good points. But given the Catholic church's complicity in raping altar boys, why would they have anything to say discouraging homosexuality?

20. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    you just wrote the whole solution. God puts homosexuality upon the same level as people who fuck around (king david), people who steal from others (tax collectors), greedy (progressives/liberals) and swindlers (obama, clinton). And then what happens?

You = all of us.
    Were sactified = how? Through Christ.

Remember, at the end of time hell and sin and death are consumed by god's love (lake of fire) and through the process Christ's words are fullfilled:

You SHALL love the lord your god with all your heart mind and soul. You SHALL love your neighbors as yourselves. "shall love" sounds more like prophecy.

just as many were condemned - without their choice or action - in Sin through adam, in Christ ALL shall be saved.

1 Corinthians 15:22
    For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

The greek use the word pas for all, pas means "the whole, entire"

so - again, if we stop worrying about this shit and spend more time learning to Love, which is God, the better we and the world around us becomes.
    @revelarts. @Abbey. David repented ???