Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I think sin is sin, but to be fair David did s little more than "fuck around".

2. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, "neither do i condemn you, go and sin no more."
    Paul said
    ...Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God...
    Corinthians 6 -11
    For what it's worth, the original greek doesn't mention homosexuality specifically in that scripture. It's added by some translations, not contained in others.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    @revelarts. @Abbey. David repented ???
    why are you asking them spefically?

Google it - biblegateway shows scripture in dozens of translations.

David didn't repent while he was doing those things. David didnt repent until, essentially, the end of the story. Give people the chance to figure shit out - even if its not until the end of the story. Bashing well-meaning believers because we don't agree with their specific (and ultimately not so important) differences in theogy is really...

sinful.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post

David didn't repent while he was doing those things. David didnt repent until, essentially, the end of the story. Give people the chance to figure shit out - even if its not until the end of the story. Bashing well-meaning believers because we don't agree with their specific (and ultimately not so important) differences in theogy is really...

sinful.
    He eventually repented IIRC. That's my point. He didn't remain in murder/adultery. But actually David lived under a different covenant..... The old one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

sinful.
    Plus rev and abs have a quicker answer.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

He eventually repented IIRC. That's my point. He didn't remain in murder/adultery. But actually David lived under a different covenant..... The old one.
    and that's my point. "eventually" - and David went through ups and downs. Sometimes he was doing / showing love, and other times, he was sinning. Its a process. A marathon not a sprint.

For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.
    romans 11:30

again the greek uses 'pas' which means: the whole, entire.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Plus rev and abs have a quicker answer.
    I can't speak for rev, but i know abbey would reply in love, kindness and stuff - her replies here are golden. They are money. Even when she and I disagree on the finer points of theology, she's one to reply - even in her most-frustrated moments - with a heart of compassion many people are unable to match.

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I can't speak for rev, but i know abbey would reply in love, kindness and stuff - her replies here are golden. They are money. Even when she and I disagree on the finer points of theology, she's one to reply - even in her most-frustrated moments - with a heart of compassion many people are unable to match.
    I imagine so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Especially when you're being a pain in the ass about theology.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

you just wrote the whole solution. God puts homosexuality upon the same level as people who fuck around (king david), people who steal from others (tax collectors), greedy (progressives/liberals) and swindlers (obama, clinton). And then what happens?
    You = all of us. Were sactified = how? Through Christ.
    Remember, at the end of time hell and sin and death are consumed by god's love (lake of fire) and through the process Christ's words are fullfilled: You SHALL love the lord your god with all your heart mind and soul. You SHALL love your neighbors as yourselves. "shall love" sounds more like prophecy.
    just as many were condemned - without their choice or action - in Sin through adam, in Christ ALL shall be saved.
    1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. The greek use the word pas for all, pas means "the whole, entire"

so - again, if we stop worrying about this shit and spend more time learning to Love, which is God, the better we and the world around us becomes.
    following the verses i quoted earlier there's this"
    "Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

It goes on similarly, but somehow you keep saying that EVERYONE should "stop worrying about this shit". By "shit" you seem to mean:
    talking about sin,
    dealing with personal sin,
    acknowledging personal sin,
    pointing out sin
    or even determining what is sin biblically speaking,
    But here's my problem with that, the Apostle Paul's does it all! After Jesus's resurrection no less.
    And teaches the Churches to do it. And by inspiration of the the Holy Spirit tells all Christians to DEAL with it as well... TODAY.
    So sorry dude, I don't buy what you're selling, you should re-check yourself.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

It goes on similarly, but somehow you keep saying that EVERYONE should "stop worrying about this shit". By "shit" you seem to mean:
    talking about sin,
    pointing out sin
    But here's my problem with that, the Apostle Paul's does it all! After Jesus's resurrection no less.
    And teaches the Churches to do it. And by inspiration of the the Holy Spirit tells all Christians to DEAL with it as well... TODAY.
    So deal with it. You take care of you, and I will take care of me. If EVERYONE does that, there'll be no problem.

And we'll STILL ALL be sinners.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Except nothing we can do can save us. We are not saved by works (or lack of works) - that's a simple christian principle.

talking about sin,
    pointing out sin
    Yep. Because of the sinophiles - and i think you're one - are hyper-focused on shit that doesn't ultimately matter, you are driving people away from loving relationships with God. I think you are the type of person who would be PISSED if 'everyone went to heaven' - after all...LOOK at what you've done!

You've healed the sick - in the name of Christ!
    You've held food drives - in the name of Christ!
    And by God you pointed out the sin in EVERYONE lives - in the name of Christ!

And what does God value more than any of that? More than preaching to anyone? More than worrying about their sex life?

When somebody is thirsty, you give them drink. When they are hungry - you feed them. When they show up at your house and are alone, you invite them in. When they are sick, you spend time with them. Your actions wont save you nor will your in-action - what saves you is the love in your heart as shown by how you conduct yourself.

Looking for OMGWTFSIN!!! serves only the ego. Serves only somebody who has something to sell.

As for me? And i think for Christ? I'd rather - and he prefers - I love people more than I try to OMGWTFCONVERT OR DIE IN HELL!!!

(sigh)

At the end of time Heaven. The essence of Heaven which IS God who IS Love will consume hell and death.

Of course - then there's the case of "Christ already freed those held captive in hell and has locked the gates of hell" - since Christ decended nobody is in hell. And since God used Christ to show mercy upon All, All will have mercy.

Because Sin doesn't matter....because it's already been defeated 2000 years ago - from our perspective, anyway. Probably millions of years ago depending on where the viewer is. Because thats how space-time works.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    So deal with it. You take care of you, and I will take care of me. If EVERYONE does that, there'll be no problem.

And we'll STILL ALL be sinners.
    Rev would have to disagree with that last part. Because if we are all sinners Christ wouldn't have charged 'the woman' to 'go and sin no more'. Clearly Christ thinks we can actually sin no more. Thus, we all are NOT sinners.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

you just wrote the whole solution. God puts homosexuality upon the same level as people who fuck around (king david), people who steal from others (tax collectors), greedy (progressives/liberals) and swindlers (obama, clinton). And then what happens? You = all of us.
    Were sactified = how? Through Christ.
    Remember, at the end of time hell and sin and death are consumed by god's love (lake of fire) and through the process Christ's words are fullfilled:
    You SHALL love the lord your god with all your heart mind and soul. You SHALL love your neighbors as yourselves. "shall love" sounds more like prophecy.
    just as many were condemned - without their choice or action - in Sin through adam, in Christ ALL shall be saved.
    1 Corinthians 15:22
    For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
    The greek use the word pas for all, pas means "the whole, entire"

so - again, if we stop worrying about this shit and spend more time learning to Love, which is God, the better we and the world around us becomes.
    "spend more time learning to Love" is great. BUT the problem with that is ...and the reason for much of Paul's letter is... that the people, EVEN IN the CHURCH, did not realize that their actions were wrong/"not loving".
    That their actions were in fact sinful/unacceptable to God, and they should stop THAT activity
    and spend more time Loving in godly ways.

Also seems to me, Soft peddling to a soft hearted person that already realizes that their actions are sinful is appropriate.
    But soft peddling to someone who wants to believe that none of their actions are a problem, or who is genuinely UNAWARE they they are NOT acting in a loving way to others... by God's/Biblical standards... is counterproductive.
    And allows them to believe they ARE serving/loving God with their actions when in fact they are not. Allowing them to think/believe lies.
    And in a public setting we don't know who's soft hearted, and who's ignorant, and who's looking for justification of whatever they do.
    So IMO it seems more appropriate to give the WHOLE council, not only the side that allows people to "feel" better, no matter what they continue to do.

The message that Jesus, Peter, Paul and all the apostles past on was "Repent" and "Believe in the Lord Jesus for the forgiveness of all your sin. And become Sons and Daughters of God"
    After we believe Paul and the others tell us how to walk the new life out, as in Thessalonians
    4 ...As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister. The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit...

Darin, seriously man, re-check what you're saying. we don't ignore or reject the instruction. it parts of the package. Promoting Love and personally holiness ...staying away from sin a defined by God. They are NOT contradictory or a distraction from "love" but a necessary compliment.
    Last edited by revelarts; 05-21-2018 at 04:45 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

18. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I pretty much expected this would get hijacted into a full blown faith and sin debate, but the thread and my point is about this leftist Pope. I think he could be a closet homo. He's condoned same sex marriage and now condones sexual perversion. Both in direct violation of the word of God in the Bible. My point is, he's supposed to be the highest of the high man of God on earth, and here he is openly disparaging and opposing the words of GOD, the GOD he is supposed to represent. THAT is what ticks me off. I think he's just another garden variety hyper politically correct European liberal. People listen to this liberal nut bag, and I don't think they should. He's not accurately representing the word of God. The Bible also says, and I paraphrase, that those who proclaim to be holy and knowledgeable of the Bible, they will be held to a higher judgement before God than those who don't, so this Pope should be, but I bet he isn't, worried about how he's going to explain his love and acceptance for fags when he stands before God on his judgement day. I'd love to hear his explanation to God on how he knows GOD MADE QUEERS, when the words of God say they're an abomination, and they shall be put to death, and their blood shall be upon them. Doesn't sound like something GOD made to me, sounds like something SATAN made.

I wouldn't want to be the Pope... he's going to be on the hot seat when he dies.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-21-2018 at 05:01 PM.

20. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post