Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default why is God so hung-up about sin, anyway?

Men after God's own heart:

David - had sex with dozens or maybe hundreds women while king. Some were his wives, some were his sex slaves. Arranged for murder because he wanted one.more.woman. But she was married.

But yet God loved him. Why? How can someone so morally ambiguous be so revered? Does God even care? Or if he cares too much, then why?

If an Ant hurts me by biting me, i do not wish it to be tortured in hell fire for all eternity.

https://vimeo.com/103650427
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post

David - had sex with dozens or maybe hundreds women while king. Some were his wives, some were his sex slaves. Arranged for murder because he wanted one.more.woman. But she was married.

But yet God loved him. Why? How can someone so morally ambiguous be so revered? Does God even care? Or if he cares too much, then why?

If an Ant hurts me by biting me, i do not wish it to be tortured in hell fire for all eternity.

You left out the fact he murdered Saul for his throne.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You left out the fact he murdered Saul for his throne.
    Saul committed suicide to avoid capture.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Laugh at me if you want, but....

I talked to God one time, and asked him the same question. Know what he said?

"I'm not hung up about sin. It's just that EVERYBODY PISSES ME OFF! So, I just laugh, because everybody is a sinner. Just ask them to DENY it!"
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Saul committed suicide to avoid capture.
    Depends on who you listen to. BOTH stories are circulated and no real evidence of wither exists except after the kast time David met with Saul, Saul was dead.

If there is an actual truth with evidence out there, I don't think it's going to get around much. David is a hero to both Jews and Christians.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

How do we know David is in heaven? Maybe God loved him, but still cast him into hell for his unrepentant sexual behavior.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    How do we know David is in heaven? Maybe God loved him, but still cast him into hell for his unrepentant sexual behavior.
    David was under a different covenant. That's what I was wondering about earlier.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

uh, different question.
    How did Gnostic Christian Bishop get Darin's account?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Depends on who you listen to. BOTH stories are circulated and no real evidence of wither exists except after the last time David met with Saul, Saul was dead.

If there is an actual truth with evidence out there, I don't think it's going to get around much. David is a hero to both Jews and Christians.
    Then "David killed Saul to gain control" is as much speculation as "did saul kill himself (it's written saul fell on his own sword).

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    David repented about a lot of things. I think anyone would be hard-pressed to find a biblical scholar who thinks David - excuse the churchy-term - "died in his sins"

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    David was under a different covenant. That's what I was wondering about earlier.
    Right - he was under the Law; under the Law people made OTHER sacrifices to God to atone for their hard hearts and all that. After Christ, none of that was needed - now we are not told to sacrifice "For God", we are told "If you love people, you will sacrifice FOR them. Give them your time, because you take delight in that. Give them your food - because you delight in knowing they are fed. Etc. etc. etc.

Did ANYONE listen to the link? Seems like not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Stories of the Prophets: Bible vs. Qur'an

When it comes to the means by which God has delivered revelation to mankind throughout history, God’s guidance has always been imparted to us through His Prophets, may God’s peace and blessings be upon them all. This shows us that Prophethood plays an important role in revelation.

Having revelation, or knowledge, is one thing. We also need a teacher to provide its correct interpretation, in order for mankind to make use of the knowledge and implement it properly. That's why you should be open-minded and adopt the straight Quranic approach.

Last edited by Great warrior; 05-22-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Great warrior View Post
    When it comes to the means by which God has delivered revelation to mankind throughout history, God’s guidance has always been imparted to us through His Prophets, may God’s peace and blessings be upon them all. This shows us that Prophethood plays an important role in revelation.

Having revelation, or knowledge, is one thing. We also need a teacher to provide its correct interpretation, in order for mankind to make use of the knowledge and implement it properly. That's why you should be open-minded and adopt the straight Quranic approach.

that's all great but it flies in the face of Biblical teaching - where God himself, via his spirit, reveals himself to us. No prophets required.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

adopt the straight Quranic approach.
    You mean= kill, conquer and enslave, ..
    Well yes, that way expanded your damn cult and empire until you vermin tried to take over Europe and Charles the Hammer Martel obliterated your filthy, ffing murdering armies.
    Trying reading a history book for a change, instead of that damn cult book, that you filthy vermin worship, maggot.- --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

that's all great but it flies in the face of Biblical teaching - where God himself, via his spirit, reveals himself to us. No prophets required.
    You didn't get it. In Islam: David is a revered prophet of God. Muslims believe all this sins were falsely attributed to him by the authors of the man-made bible.

In Christianity: Jesus is a recognized prophet of God.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You didn't get it. In Islam: David is a revered prophet of God. Muslims believe all this sins were falsely attributed to him by the authors of the man-made bible.

Right - and because of Christ, nobody NEEDS a prophet to intercede on their behalf NOR to understand God's word. That's the beauty of it - Islam makes it hard to reach God; Islam creates arbitrary rules of no significance except to further build dependence upon a man-made order; a religion. Christianity does that too, sometimes...except nobody in Christianity is killing non-believers like the Islamists do.

If Christ were merely a prophet, like David - NO man is to be worshiped or revered anyway and certainly never EVER would ANY prophet condone KILLING People for drawing their image.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

You forget that we reject your made-up cult. It was invented a few centuries ago by a sun-stroked outcast that molested little girls.

It continues today all around the world by atrocity after atrocity, against every single race, creed & religion exposed to you muzzies.

You are THE scourge upon the planet, and if you were honest you'd admit it.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post