Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Bottle opener.
    SASSY LADY... WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER... (did you google it?)...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Nope! My nephew has one. He drinks a lot of beer!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

3. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well... I don't have to STRESS OUT anymore... a LOAD has been lifted off my shoulders. I was getting pretty strung out worrying that I wouldn't have a vehicle to drive when the snow, AND SALT, flies here in Wisconsin. It can go from abnormally hotter'n blue blazes like it is right now to WINTER in Wisconsin in nothing flat, and I am SOOOO picky when it comes to vehicles. Well, I thought this was a Tahoe when I drove past it, turns out it's a 2005 Suburban, but ya know, that's not a deal breaker. Just means I can haul more in it. But the best part is, it's got a nice body on it and the interior is pretty nice too. Was owned by a school and only has 95,000 miles on it, so it had to be on some sort of maintenance program too like all state vehicles are. I'm pretty happy. Got like new Firestone tires on it too. Sure it needs a little TLC here and there, the brakes feel bad to me, the speakers in the drivers door are inop, and both speakers in the rear doors sound horrible as well, so I'll upgrade the entire audio system in it and probably add a subwoofer, but I'm going to take it over to my buddies shop and get it up on the hoist tomorrow and start cleaning the underside and get it ready for 10 cans of 3M rust proofing... $8,500 and change out the door... couldn't be happier... it's paid for, low miles, runs great, drives nice, it's a 4 wheel drive and it's a Chevy...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-18-2018 at 07:48 AM.

5. Likes jimnyc, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Saw this on facebook... was so good I had to post it here... absolutely one thing we look forward to up nort' here in Wisconsin...

7. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

It was EIGHT ONE DEGREES here LAST NIGHT... tonight, it's supposed to be THIRTY EIGHT...!!

That's the way it goes in Wisconsin... unreal. Last night I had my A/C on, tonight I'll probably have on the HEAT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Good Lord... what have I done... there's a beast in my shop... I think someone named @darin would love to drive this angry machine...

10. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Pretty bizarre... we've set a record amount of records for rain here in Wisconsin this year. We've had epic flooding. Yesterday it was 84 degrees here, in OCTOBER, and it rained, and then rained last night, hard, and there's rain in the forecast now for the next SEVEN TO TEN DAYS.

I power washed my back patio behind the shop once already this year, and there's already green mold growing on it again, and there's some green in FRONT on the cement drive where the sun shines, where there's NEVER been even a hint of mold before in the 8 years I've lived here.

Heard about some guy that had a sink hole open up underneath his feet, small at first like 3' around, but it kept growing and it got pretty huge. Took the fire department and many others to rescue the guy. I didn't hear exactly where but it had to be around here in my regional area somewhere. I think sink holes are about as scary as anything else, and although Wisconsin is prone to the occasional sink hole, it's not a real problem here, but all this rain is exactly what makes them happen, and we've had epic rain.

I hope all this rain, this wet pattern, doesn't hold over into winter, or we're in for one helluva a lot of snow... FEET.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

i wanna take that car to thunderhill raceway
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

13. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    It was EIGHT ONE DEGREES here LAST NIGHT... tonight, it's supposed to be THIRTY EIGHT...!!

That's the way it goes in Wisconsin... unreal. Last night I had my A/C on, tonight I'll probably have on the HEAT.

If it would just drop down to the 80s here for awhile I could deal with it. We went from 100 degree days straight into almost a month straight of rain () right back to 90s for the hi's. It only dropped into the 90s so the humidity can climb into the sauna range.

The kicker: When it's hot here, my daughter keeps it so cold in the house I wear a hoodie half the time INSIDE when it's 99 OUTSIDE. During the winter? Just the opposite. She keeps the heat so high I have to put on clothes to go outside. I have to block the AC register and open my window to get oxygen.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

If it would just drop down to the 80s here for awhile I could deal with it. We went from 100 degree days straight into almost a month straight of rain () right back to 90s for the hi's. It only dropped into the 90s so the humidity can climb into the sauna range.

The kicker: When it's hot here, my daughter keeps it so cold in the house I wear a hoodie half the time INSIDE when it's 99 OUTSIDE. During the winter? Just the opposite. She keeps the heat so high I have to put on clothes to go outside. I have to block the AC register and open my window to get oxygen.
    Yeah we've had EPIC rain here in Wisconsin. It's rained, rained some more, and then rained even more. It's rained for the past week and we have rain forecasted until Wednesday. We've set all kinds of new records for rainfall and flooding, bridges washed out, it's insane. Can't remember ever a summer like this. The nice, no humidity, cool Fall days I look forward to just aren't happening. I'll probably have to mow my lawn again before winter even, in OCTOBER. That's just unheard of in Wisconsin.

Anywho... still hitting the gym like crazy. I can see that putting on any size will be a slow process, probably has something to do with being 63, but I certainly feel stronger and my endurance is going up, and I'm getting muscle definition. I think I was in worse shape than I realized, so this gym was a really, really good idea. Been working everything from head to toe, I'm back and forth right now reading the board and working the legs, then I better haul a load of garbage to the dump. I haven't smoked either, Gunny, and I haven't used that new vape I bought for over a week either. I just don't see inhaling anything as being helpful while working out to get healthy. I hit the treadmill yesterday to get some cardio and did two miles. Felt pretty good on there too. Yeah I'm super glad I have this thing. I'll stick with it. Putting it in the house right here under my nose was the best idea. I should have taken a picture of myself before I started so I could compare it to a year from then. I'm starting to feel pretty dang good, just after a month.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-08-2018 at 09:47 AM.

17. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Yeah we've had EPIC rain here in Wisconsin. It's rained, rained some more, and then rained even more. It's rained for the past week and we have rain forecasted until Wednesday. We've set all kinds of new records for rainfall and flooding, bridges washed out, it's insane. Can't remember ever a summer like this. The nice, no humidity, cool Fall days I look forward to just aren't happening. I'll probably have to mow my lawn again before winter even, in OCTOBER. That's just unheard of in Wisconsin.

Anywho... still hitting the gym like crazy. I can see that putting on any size will be a slow process, probably has something to do with being 63, but I certainly feel stronger and my endurance is going up, and I'm getting muscle definition. I think I was in worse shape than I realized, so this gym was a really, really good idea. Been working everything from head to toe, I'm back and forth right now reading the board and working the legs, then I better haul a load of garbage to the dump. I haven't smoked either, Gunny, and I haven't used that new vape I bought for over a week either. I just don't see inhaling anything as being helpful while working out to get healthy. I hit the treadmill yesterday to get some cardio and did two miles. Felt pretty good on there too. Yeah I'm super glad I have this thing. I'll stick with it. Putting it in the house right here under my nose was the best idea. I should have taken a picture of myself before I started so I could compare it to a year from then. I'm starting to feel pretty dang good, just after a month.

Bold=good idea. When reading about the latest lib garbage makes your head want to explode, you can immediately work it off.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

19. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

We missed our ll-time record by about 1/4 inch. For here, that's a lot of water on a lot of land not suited to absorbing it. Probably about a week's worth of rain for you

I managed to mostly miss it working out as far as outside goes. I think I got actually rained out twice maybe. I have a gazelle in the garage if I get hard up enough. The ex bought it for my daughter. I think I'm the only one that's used it
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

21. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Pretty bizarre... we've set a record amount of records for rain here in Wisconsin this year. We've had epic flooding. Yesterday it was 84 degrees here, in OCTOBER, and it rained, and then rained last night, hard, and there's rain in the forecast now for the next SEVEN TO TEN DAYS.

I power washed my back patio behind the shop once already this year, and there's already green mold growing on it again, and there's some green in FRONT on the cement drive where the sun shines, where there's NEVER been even a hint of mold before in the 8 years I've lived here.

Heard about some guy that had a sink hole open up underneath his feet, small at first like 3' around, but it kept growing and it got pretty huge. Took the fire department and many others to rescue the guy. I didn't hear exactly where but it had to be around here in my regional area somewhere. I think sink holes are about as scary as anything else, and although Wisconsin is prone to the occasional sink hole, it's not a real problem here, but all this rain is exactly what makes them happen, and we've had epic rain.

I hope all this rain, this wet pattern, doesn't hold over into winter, or we're in for one helluva a lot of snow... FEET.
    Scrub off the back deck with bleach, hose it clean, then then roll on
    some copper napthenate wood preserver on it. Roll on, NOT spray!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

23. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    We missed our ll-time record by about 1/4 inch. For here, that's a lot of water on a lot of land not suited to absorbing it. Probably about a week's worth of rain for you

I managed to mostly miss it working out as far as outside goes. I think I got actually rained out twice maybe. I have a gazelle in the garage if I get hard up enough. The ex bought it for my daughter. I think I'm the only one that's used it
    Hey, I'm not going to laugh a bit at the Gazelle. As bad a shape as you were in after that stroke, crazy as that machine is it probably helped out quite a bit with getting your legs back under you.

I know I haven't driven the Camaro for over two weeks, because every time I think about a little joy ride or taking it to the store, it's either raining or the roads are all wet, or there's more rain on the way. I just hope this wet pattern isn't an indication of things to come as far as SNOW goes. We've had really light winters for a years now, we're due for a real doozey, when we start measuring snow in FEET, not inches.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Scrub off the back deck with bleach, hose it clean, then then roll on
    some copper napthenate wood preserver on it. Roll on, NOT spray!
    It's cement... and I'll tell ya, you wouldn't touch the dark green/black mold that grows on it by just scrubbing. It's on the north side of the shop so it doesn't get much light, and even though it's got a decent pitch to it so the rain runs off, that dang mold still grows. The power washer with 3,100 psi is the only thing that will touch it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-07-2018 at 08:28 AM.