Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, doc says no way it's the statin or the CoQ10, and more than likely it wasn't the heat. So it was pretty much just a freak nose bleed. He said use a nasal spray, which I have, twice a day for a week and if it keeps happening, call him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    We had a haboob here yesterday. I-10 closed between Tucson and Phoenix. Today winds from 20-25 mph for most of day.
    Freaked me out!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    We had a haboob here yesterday. I-10 closed between Tucson and Phoenix. Today winds from 20-25 mph for most of day.
    I was in a couple of those when I lived in Apache Junction. I remember seeing the first one thinking it looked liked the apocalypse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    It is hotter'n hell here, and humid. Just oppressive, can't do anything outside at all.
    Wales (I live in SE Wales, near to the border with England) is going though a 'heatwave'. Yep. Just passed the 80 degree mark, by God ....

I'm English, a Londoner, born 'n' bred. THERE, they call a heatwave anything from 90 degrees upwards. Wales has a colder climate. With their 'heatwaves' comes humidity, though, so the heat, such as it is, seems oppressive.

No matter. I get up, prepare a mug of industrial-strength coffee (or sometimes just Earl Grey tea), and I'm prepared for whatever weather the UK chucks my way ....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

6. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Your friends, my friends....I’ll keep mine, they’re fierce, they’re loyal & they’re mine

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Heard on the news last night during the weather forecast that last year, we had THREE days that were 90 or over. So far this year we've had over TWENTY.

Just one of those years. Yeah I detest winter but it seems I can tolerate the cold better than I can the heat as time goes on. Might be from just living up nort', I don't know. But when you just step out the door and that heat hits you in the face like a blast furnace exhaust... holy FUCK... it gets old. Then throw in gnats and it's just rotten outside.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

@darin

So a really good old Air Force Buddy of mine is heading this way from Washington state. Going to be here the 28th, 29th and 30th. Already booked him a motel room across the river on me since he's a guest. I was stationed with him at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas. He was the first person to befriend me that had a vehicle, which happened to be a cool little Chevy 1/2 ton, short bed, 4x4, and he took me downtown Vegas for the first time. It helped that we worked out of the same shop, 474th CRS.

But after I texted him pictures of the Camaro, seems I sparked something in him because a month later he texted me pictures of this... said I'm not the only one that can enjoy having a cool new car...

He says it's quick and really fun to drive. He had a little convertible Fiat in Vegas with a 4 banger that you could rap out forever, made all kinds of noise but wasn't fast at all, but still fun to drive. He likes those foreign cars like so many others.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 07-23-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

"Cool front" coming in

Was 106 today at Lackland AFB. "Officially" 103 at the airport, but I don't live at the airport. I live close to Lackland. BUT ... it's going to be "only" 101 tomorrow! Probably get a case of frostbite
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    "Cool front" coming in

Was 106 today at Lackland AFB. "Officially" 103 at the airport, but I don't live at the airport. I live close to Lackland. BUT ... it's going to be "only" 101 tomorrow! Probably get a case of frostbite
    Just ran to the library and grocery, it's 115 out. Same tomorrow. By Friday supposed to be down to 106. Sigh. I really, really hate to get up at 2 or 3 am and find it's close to 90 and then it starts rising!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Just ran to the library and grocery, it's 115 out. Same tomorrow. By Friday supposed to be down to 106. Sigh. I really, really hate to get up at 2 or 3 am and find it's close to 90 and then it starts rising!
    You didn't have that in the hi desert, did you? BIG difference. It'll get down to around 80-85 at night here but as the temp goes down the humidity rises so there's really no deal. And I get up at 5 to run. If my entire workout isn't done by 11AM-ish, it ain't happening.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

You didn't have that in the hi desert, did you? BIG difference. It'll get down to around 80-85 at night here but as the temp goes down the humidity rises so there's really no deal. And I get up at 5 to run. If my entire workout isn't done by 11AM-ish, it ain't happening.
    Nope, it would get down in the high 70's low 80's in the summer peak. Not here, it's hot all night. Just heard a change for Friday, 112! Thursday 117. Sigh. I'm melting.

Work starts tomorrow, 7:30-4 with 2 evening meetings. Next week too. Kids start 8/6. It doesn't feel 'fall.' LOL!

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Nope, it would get down in the high 70's low 80's in the summer peak. Not here, it's hot all night. Just heard a change for Friday, 112! Thursday 117. Sigh. I'm melting.

Work starts tomorrow, 7:30-4 with 2 evening meetings. Next week too. Kids start 8/6. It doesn't feel 'fall.' LOL!
    In 29 Palms it would get up to 115-120 every day and still drop into the low 70s-upper 60s at night. It's actually up in the mountains and the sand doesn't retain much heat at night.

Here? Hot. or humid. Or hot and humid. The high pressure system keeps the humidity trapped to the ground.

See the things you learn on the weather now since they quit just telling what tomorrow was going to be like? For instance, I know we're like to dip below 100 to 99 twice in the next 10 days

Glad I don't work out in this crap anymore

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

"Cool front" coming in

Yeah I see that on weather channel... holy crapoola man... I'd be cooking like a prized goose on Thanksgiving Day. I can't take the heat up here let alone that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

In 29 Palms it would get up to 115-120 every day and still drop into the low 70s-upper 60s at night. It's actually up in the mountains and the sand doesn't retain much heat at night.

Here? Hot. or humid. Or hot and humid. The high pressure system keeps the humidity trapped to the ground.

See the things you learn on the weather now since they quit just telling what tomorrow was going to be like? For instance, I know we're like to dip below 100 to 99 twice in the next 10 days

Glad I don't work out in this crap anymore
    I just looked at 'extended forecast' through August 16, so far it doesn't dip below 101. Mostly around 108, though next 2 days are 113. HOT!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    @darin

So a really good old Air Force Buddy of mine is heading this way from Washington state. Going to be here the 28th, 29th and 30th. Already booked him a motel room across the river on me since he's a guest. I was stationed with him at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas. He was the first person to befriend me that had a vehicle, which happened to be a cool little Chevy 1/2 ton, short bed, 4x4, and he took me downtown Vegas for the first time. It helped that we worked out of the same shop, 474th CRS.

But after I texted him pictures of the Camaro, seems I sparked something in him because a month later he texted me pictures of this... said I'm not the only one that can enjoy having a cool new car...

He says it's quick and really fun to drive. He had a little convertible Fiat in Vegas with a 4 banger that you could rap out forever, made all kinds of noise but wasn't fast at all, but still fun to drive. He likes those foreign cars like so many others.
    There's no photo there for me, Tom

Can you attach it via a reply?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.