Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Yeah me neither. Used to a little bit long ago, but it instantly would turn into a shit storm.

The only page I "like" on there that's even remotely political is the NRA, and then that's just to get a story here and there. I never repost any of it. I don't see it much anyway though, since facebook's algorithms keep making NRA posts disappear.
    Mine's limited to only family, friends.They know my opinion on things. We only use it for family type "news" .

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Mine's limited to only family, friends.They know my opinion on things. We only use it for family type "news" .
    It is handy for keeping up with old friends and family, and I don't have many either.

I like keeping up with the Air Force stuff.

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, one of the rare times I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep so I got up, probably because I napped for hours and hours yesterday and I'm all caught up on sleep.

Didn't get the car back yesterday so I'm hoping to get a call today, but I'm not going to call and bug them. I don't want to rush the painter. I want him to take whatever time he needs to do a good job. I know dealers and they'll be making sure he isn't milking it themselves. No one milks a job in a dealer, they don't make any money like that.

But, might as well watch some TV for awhile, I might get drowsy and finish my sleep.

5. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I got wifi! Yet I'm texting right now, sitting on a bench in t he kiddie park, next to the pool. Just wanted to unwind a bit. I'm exhausted, trying not to start unpacking tonight, er this morning.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks darin, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Hey Kath. Congrats! Is it stinking hot there, this time of night?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Actually, it's beautiful tonight, rather this morning. I'm just about to get on my laptop. No sweaters, just jammies. Sweet!

Today was hot though. I cant believe how much i did before help arrived. I must have made 30 trips from car/trailer to second floor. When we wey out for dinner, YES after a shower, the climb back up was daunting. LOL!
    Last edited by Kathianne; 05-31-2018 at 03:37 AM.

11. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm going to unpack tomorrow, after taking Myriam to breakfast. She'll be heading back to Sedona then. Right now all I have is dry goods, grapes, strawberries, Gatorade and water. LOL! Oh I've got eggs and milk and butter, but no dishes.

After that, I'm heading for the pool! Can't believe we didn't get home until after 10. Had Chinese, well she had sushi, but yuk! LOL! Not bad Chinese, but there's better. We may hit the pool before breakfast, it opens at 8 and is supposed to be 80 by then. (Yeah, it's warm here.)

Tomorrow or Friday I'm going to be applying for part time jobs, but afterwards going to start on lesson plans. While I'm not positive of formatting they want, I can begin and adapt them later.

I asked my old college prof/advisor/friend what he could tell me about how to make sense of no chronology in teaching social studies with Common Core; he told me when I figure it out, let him know and we'll write a book. Sigh.

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, darin thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Actually, it's beautiful tonight, rather this morning. I'm just about to get on my laptop. No sweaters, just jammies. Sweet!

Today was hot though. I cant believe how much i did before help arrived. I must have made 30 trips from car/trailer to second floor. When we wey out for dinner, YES after a shower, the climb back up was daunting. LOL!
    I always wanted ground floor when I lived in apartments. I hate stairs.

15. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm going to unpack tomorrow, after taking Myriam to breakfast. She'll be heading back to Sedona then. Right now all I have is dry goods, grapes, strawberries, Gatorade and water. LOL! Oh I've got eggs and milk and butter, but no dishes.

After that, I'm heading for the pool! Can't believe we didn't get home until after 10. Had Chinese, well she had sushi, but yuk! LOL! Not bad Chinese, but there's better. We may hit the pool before breakfast, it opens at 8 and is supposed to be 80 by then. (Yeah, it's warm here.)

Tomorrow or Friday I'm going to be applying for part time jobs, but afterwards going to start on lesson plans. While I'm not positive of formatting they want, I can begin and adapt them later.

I asked my old college prof/advisor/friend what he could tell me about how to make sense of no chronology in teaching social studies with Common Core; he told me when I figure it out, let him know and we'll write a book. Sigh.
    honey, sushi is Japanese. Don't appropriate Japan's cuisine to China.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

17. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

honey, sushi is Japanese. Don't appropriate Japan's cuisine to China.

I know that, it's still yucky!

Don't kill the customer, this was a Chinese anf Sushi Restaurant. LOL! It was better than any Chinese up in Northern Arizona, but not as good as many in Chicago

19. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I always wanted ground floor when I lived in apartments. I hate stairs.
    I gave it serious thought. My brother was, "No ground floor, too easy for peepers and to break in, I also like taking stairs, it's good for me.

However, I definitely over did it today. My shoulder hurts, my back, my legs, I'm just a big, old hurt! Tomorrow will be fine, hiot tub will help.

Besides which, I have a great view from both living room and bedroom. Worth the climb, just not with 30 lb boxes or large screen tv. I'm not built for that!
    Last edited by Kathianne; 05-31-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

ya know what would be great? If UHaul had the powered conveyors not unlike what roofers use to get supplies to rooftops. You could hook it into a window then power your stuff up.

22. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I know that, it's still yucky!

Don't kill the customer, this was a Chinese and Sushi Restaurant. LOL! It was better than any Chinese up in Northern Arizona, but not as good as many in Chicago
    ...wait a second. Did you? Did you say? Sushi is yucky?

#dispondant

#Ihadsuchhighhopes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I gave it serious thought. My brother was, "No ground floor, too easy for peepers and to break in, I also like taking stairs, it's good for me.

However, I definitely over did it today. My shoulder hurts, my back, my legs, I'm just a big, old hurt! Tomorrow will be fine, hit tub will help.

Besides which, I have a great view from both living room and bedroom. Worth the climb, just not with 30 lb boxes or larg r screen tv. I'm not built for that! 
    "The Big Hurt" - Frank Thomas.

A view is always nice, and you can leave your windows open and not have to worry about someone crawling in. I guess it does have it's benefits. I just never liked the stairs. Moving in and moving out, coming home with groceries, whatever. I wanted ground floor.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 05-31-2018 at 05:55 AM.

25. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

...wait a second. Did you? Did you say? Sushi is yucky?

#dispondant

#Ihadsuchhighhopes

Yuk! Double yuk!

I'm in the minority though. My 3 year old granddaughter loves it. Thank G my youngest is on my side.