Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    She's with a friend. She's good. She'll protect him if something goes wrong.
    That's awesome, man...

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I definitely need time to wipe my slate clean. Not 31 years probably Doubt I'll be alive that long!
    Ya know... I never really intended to be single/live alone for this long, it just happened. To be perfectly honest, I think I got older and with major neurosurgery happening, I just lost the drive. I really never "chased" girls in my life. I just ran into them here and there and things clicked. That kinda ground to a halt... so... I've lived alone for a long time and now it's, normal, for me.

I do have my 'girl-friend', Heather, but it's not hot and heavy. Maybe if she had more to offer a serious relationship I'd pursue that more, but she's piss poor and still lives with mommy and daddy, at 43 years old. That just doesn't cut it for me, and good looks alone doesn't do it either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    He'll get his waterworks going. Sad thing is, *I* inadvertently gave him the excuse after I first got here not really knowing how he is. He was bitching about it and having to mow the lawn when he got home and I told him I understood completely.

The heat here in the summer IS a bitch. It used to suck the life out of me especially in July and August. But here's the difference:

I would get up, shower and shave, jump on the board I was running for about 30 minutes, and go to work by 7 (on a normal day). Work until 3:30 or 5:30 depending on the job. Come home and catch about 20 minutes in the recliner. Water all the plants my wife had to have that I got to take care of. Do whatever chores needed to get done. At 6 I'd run 3 miles-4 miles. Usually about 95-100 around that time. Come home and lift weights,then work out on the bag or do kata for 20-30 minutes. Shower. Get anything i needed for work the next day ready and deal with the old lady's latest drama moment. Then I'd get, depending on how late I was willing to stay up, anywhere from an hour or two on the board before I went to bed. Repeat. 5-6 days a week, depending on the job.

By comparison, this guy comes home and sits in the recliner until my daughter gets home. He is kind enough to put his dirty tupperware in the sink that if I don't wash it it'll sit there. He'll half-ass help my daughter get the kids and their stuff in. I get to clean the baby's bottles and make the younger granddaughter's lunch for the next day or he'll put it off and they'll have to scramble in the morning. If my daughter dares want to lay down for few minutes he bitches how he doesn't get to when he just spent an hour and a half playing on his phone. If my daughter doesn't get up and cook him dinner like a good little wifey he cries like a bitch and has a tantrum any 3 years old would be proud of. In the morning, I get a half hour earlier than they do so I can suck down mass quantities of coffee before I have to get Sybil up. ALWAYS a joy Clean the cat boxes and feed all the animals. Cook my daughter's breakfast. He DOES get himself dressed and bitch about how he can't be late.

Point is, yes, it's freakin' hot. Right now we have the added pleasure of humidity off the Gulf. But that doesn't mean you get to drop your pack the second you walk in the door and do nothing. The family and the house are STILL here. That shit you ignore yesterday is STILL there. If your wife is sick like my daughter is now, the kids don't just vanish and/or suddenly become self sufficient adults. You got 18 and life to go, brother. You're the one that wanted 3 kids when you can't handle even one, and at age 35.

Now step to the plate. I don't see that happening.
    Sounds like they should paying YOU to live there, pard. No offense, but you're a live in nanny, and they get paid.

It's hot here too, Gunny, especially for this time of year. We pretty went straight from winter to summer.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-24-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The following pics were from yesterday's hike at Sedona Airport trails. There's an "upper" trail and lower trail. We chose the lower.

Today three of us are going to Red Rock Crossing to swim. Out to dinner, as in "goodbye," though one is making the drive down to help.

Tomorrow the RV "lifers" are giving me a goodbye get together. I've only been there 3 months, but have felt a "community" there like no where else.

Change, has been for the good.

Yup... looks all too familiar... good ole AZ.

Where are you moving to, Kath?

4. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

So I dropped the Camaro off at the dealer and showed my salesman, Colin, the couple small but deep dings and the spots in the paint, and then said, "you're not going to like this now," and a service writer in ear shot chuckled, but I started pointing out the gross misplacement of the big hood stripe and how both were badly trimmed on the front edge, and a few buckles in the stripe under the rear spoiler, and he had to admit that it was a shitty job. He said that they had had a guy come in to put those on. I said I couldn't imagine how anyone could put those huge stripes on and when done look at them and just go... aaaa... good enough. Aaaaah, NO. Even I know to do a job like that the hood should be measured and reference tape laid down to keep things straight and even. This is a 2SS Chevy Camaro. This car could very well be in a car show at some point, and people will surely stand in front of it and look at those stripes. If me and my neighbor spotted the crappy trim job and how far off one of the stripes is, then most other car nuts will too, and that just isn't going to cut it. So he said there's a guy from Minnesota that they know of that is supposed to be top notch for installing those factory stripes, so they're going to order new ones have that guy remove the old ones and then put on the new ones, the right way. They didn't even flinch though when I said I thought they should be redone. I told Colin that I didn't mean to be a picking son of a bitch and he said don't give it another thought, that he would be the same way. He's a younger guy and also is a car nut and has a couple hotrods himself. So, I'm pretty happy. It's getting clay barred and buffed today and new stripes are on order. It's all warranty work anyway, they can write it all off. I do hope that they put a bug in the guys ear that did such a pathetic job on the stripes though. Other than that, the car is mint, no other complaints.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-24-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

OH... and before I forget... rule #3 for the coffee shop, and I hope everyone agrees, we should try and keep everything friendly in here. No nasty insults or fighting. Just keep things laid back and have fun.

Think I'll pull out the JD and go mow some grass.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-24-2018 at 10:50 AM.

7. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Yup... looks all too familiar... good ole AZ.

Where are you moving to, Kath?
    Caasa Grande, in the Valley. Teaching starts at the end of July.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Caasa Grande, in the Valley. Teaching starts at the end of July.
    Wow... you're moving down to the "frying pan"...

I hope you can deal with bumper to bumper traffic better than I can. I get horrible road rage. Can hardly stand Madison traffic.

If there's more than 3 cars at a stop sign here in little Podunk, it's a traffic jam...

We don't even have a stop light in town.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mu...!4d-90.4431807
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-24-2018 at 10:56 AM.

11. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Wow... you're moving down to the "frying pan"...

I hope you can deal with bumper to bumper traffic better than I can. I get horrible road rage. Can hardly stand Madison traffic.

If there's more than 3 cars at a stop sign here in little Podunk, it's a traffic jam...

We don't even have a stop light in town.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mu...!4d-90.4431807
    Phoenix is for evenings or weekend. Traffic is crazy there.

I'm working less than 5 minute drive from complex. I'll ride my bike when under 90. I get to school by 6:45, I'm a morning person. Will probably be home by 4:15.

I've a pool and AC, so I'll survive. Just in case, I'm bringing a fan. LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Phoenix is for evenings or weekend. Traffic is crazy there.

I'm working less than 5 minute drive from complex. I'll ride my bike when under 90. I get to school by 6:45, I'm a morning person. Will probably be home by 4:15.

I've a pool and AC, so I'll survive. Just in case, I'm bringing a fan. LOL!
    Sounds good.

If you ever get down to Tombstone, would love to see pics of it now. I was there long, long ago. I don't have much of a visual memory of it.

I drove semi truck for DSW out of Tucson for a brief while... 'til my co-driver fell asleep at the wheel and rolled the truck. That was the end of my truckin' days.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-24-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

At Tucson VA complex with friend who is getting follow up visit after brain MRI and some cardio tests.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

16. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Sounds good.

If you ever get down to Tombstone, would love to see pics of it now. I was there long, long ago. I don't have much of a visual memory of it.

I drove semi truck for DSW out of Tucson for a brief while... 'til my co-driver fell asleep at the wheel and rolled the truck. That was the end of my truckin' days.
    Sassy Lady and I have plans to do just that when the weather cools!

18. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    At Tucson VA complex with friend who is getting follow up visit after brain MRI and some cardio tests.
    Prayers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

OH... and before I forget... rule #3 for the coffee shop, and I hope everyone agrees, we should try and keep everything friendly in here. No nasty insults or fighting. Just keep things laid back and have fun.

Think I'll pull out the JD and go mow some grass.

(you should have just planned on THIS when you hit "enter" )
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

21. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

(you should have just planned on THIS when you hit "enter" )
    You ANIMAL ... ...

23. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Made a pot of coffee, ate Cheerios with fresh blueberries, two more loads of laundry.
    Can hardly handle the excitement, lol.

Not complaining, though. As AT can tell you, after a heart attack you really learn to appreciate the little things, and just being able to be home and vertical.

Between the bone-on-bone terrible hip, and the tiredness from the heart, my body seems to want to put on weight. At least I’m good at something.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

25. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post