Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Small world...

I'm out in the shop cleaning... I can make a mess out here lightening fast.
    I bet you can't beat my youngest granddaughter. She can destroy one room completely in about a second or two. She's the if she's looking for something everything else gets thrown over her shoulder type and talk about OCD? If she's looking for something she'll destroy everything in her path until she finds it
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I bet you can't beat my youngest granddaughter. She can destroy one room completely in about a second or two. She's the if she's looking for something everything else gets thrown over her shoulder type and talk about OCD? If she's looking for something she'll destroy everything in her path until she finds it
    When I get going on a project tools are everywhere, floor is dirty, shit scattered all over, then it's time to clean.

I don't mind. I love my shop. One of the big reasons I bought this place. I spend the majority of my time out here, it's where all my toys are...

3. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The newest toy. I have officially declared WAR on the mosquitoes...

5. Thanks Abbey Marie, darin thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

When I get going on a project tools are everywhere, floor is dirty, shit scattered all over, then it's time to clean.

I don't mind. I love my shop. One of the big reasons I bought this place. I spend the majority of my time out here, it's where all my toys are...
    That’s the way guys I know cook, too. I’m more of a clean up the kitchen as I go type.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    That’s the way guys I know cook, too. I’m more of a clean up the kitchen as I go type.
    Yeah... kitchen too...

And I hate to wash dishes almost as much as I hate to have to fold clothes, and I even have one of the cool little clothes folder deals.

9. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yeah, but that little phrase "time to clean" doesn't register nor compute to this little "Denise the Menace"
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-26-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah, but that little phrase "time to clean" doesn't register nor compute to this little "Denise the Menace"
    I'll tell ya, growing up on a farm us kids had household "chores" to do, and that included cleaning our rooms, making our own bed, helping wash and wipe dishes, vacuuming, mowing the lawn, etc, on top of our farm chores, and that was as soon as we were old enough to do them. If we could make a mess we were old enough to clean it up too. We weren't allowed to just "play" all the time, although there was plenty of time for that. I'm glad my parents made us do that. I might have grumbled a little now and then but for the most part no one listened anyway. Just do your chores, shut the hell up and get them done, THEN you can PLAY. I'm pretty much the same way still.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-26-2018 at 12:35 PM.

13. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'll tell ya, growing up on a farm us kids had household "chores" to do, and that included cleaning our rooms, making our own bed, helping wash and wipe dishes, vacuuming, mowing the lawn, etc, on top of our farm chores, and that was as soon as we were old enough to do them. If we could make a mess we were old enough to clean it up too. We weren't allowed to just "play" all the time, although there was plenty of time for that. I'm glad my parents made us do that. I might have grumbled a little now and then but for the most part no one listened anyway. Just do your chores, shut the hell up and get them done, THEN you can PLAY. I'm pretty much the same way still.
    Yeah. You're in your 60s and I'm pushing it. My chores had chores starting from the moment my eyes popped open. Bed had to be made with hospital folds before I did anything except maybe use the bathroom. Had to be dressed and hair squared away to sit down to breakfast. Cat boxes, yard, walking an/or letting in or out various pets, trash, etc.

My kids had chores too. Different world now. For one, the oldest is bi-polar and medicated (which I am against) but it keeps her in airhead-ville all the time. Other option is no meds and she turns into a serious little monster. And remember how when you were doing those sucky chores you SWORE you'd never make your kids do? I have the luxury of observing that first-hand, and I have honestly never heard my daughter say that but I can tell by certain things they DON'T have to do what she's thinking

A sad commentary is the youngest granddaughter acts like she's 3-4 from just my kid's days and that is considered perfectly normal in today's society.

15. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah. You're in your 60s and I'm pushing it. My chores had chores starting from the moment my eyes popped open. Bed had to be made with hospital folds before I did anything except maybe use the bathroom. Had to be dressed and hair squared away to sit down to breakfast. Cat boxes, yard, walking an/or letting in or out various pets, trash, etc.

My kids had chores too. Different world now. For one, the oldest is bi-polar and medicated (which I am against) but it keeps her in airhead-ville all the time. Other option is no meds and she turns into a serious little monster. And remember how when you were doing those sucky chores you SWORE you'd never make your kids do? I have the luxury of observing that first-hand, and I have honestly never heard my daughter say that but I can tell by certain things they DON'T have to do what she's thinking

A sad commentary is the youngest granddaughter acts like she's 3-4 from just my kid's days and that is considered perfectly normal in today's society.
    Yep... different world now brother... kids are coddled, no responsibilities, no repercussions for bad behavior, can't discipline them or it's child abuse and everything is handed to them on a silver platter even though they didn't earn it. We got an ALLOWANCE for doing our chores, and I BOUGHT my own toys. My Dad bought me a motorcycle one time, totally unexpected, but that was after I helped him build a 24'x48' foot garage, and did a lot of the work myself. I was living with them temporarily after I got out of the AF and while they were at work, I did much of the work on the shop myself, shingled it all by myself. I had good parents and never thought that making us kids help out around the house and farm was MEAN at all.

Hell I miss those days. I ain't afraid of work, and like they say, if you enjoy what you're doing you'll never work a day in your life. I liked the Air Force. I loved working on the jets. I loved the Harley Tech. I loved working on the bikes and got to RIDE every single bike I laid hands on. It was a blast. I got to ride Harleys that would make some people drool. The most fun was cranking to life a hotrod engine you just got done building and taking it out for a test ride. Gave me a great sense of accomplishment.

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yep... different world now brother... kids are coddled, no responsibilities, no repercussions for bad behavior, can't discipline them or it's child abuse and everything is handed to them on a silver platter even though they didn't earn it. We got an ALLOWANCE for doing our chores, and I BOUGHT my own toys. My Dad bought me a motorcycle one time, totally unexpected, but that was after I helped him build a 24'x48' foot garage, and did a lot of the work myself. I was living with them temporarily after I got out of the AF and while they were at work, I did much of the work on the shop myself, shingled it all by myself. I had good parents and never thought that making us kids help out around the house and farm was MEAN at all.

Hell I miss those days. I ain't afraid of work, and like they say, if you enjoy what you're doing you'll never work a day in your life. I liked the Air Force. I loved working on the jets. I loved the Harley Tech. I loved working on the bikes and got to RIDE every single bike I laid hands on. It was a blast. I got to ride Harleys that would make some people drool. The most fun was cranking to life a hotrod engine you just got done building and taking it out for a test ride. Gave me a great sense of accomplishment.
    I never minded helping my grandparents who I lived with a lot off and on. I would do anything for my Grandfather. My dad came back from Nam a complete ass. When I got to boot camp I kept waiting for hard part and I realized my father was harder on me than the hats were and I already knew most of the crap; especially, when it comes to field day (cleaning spotless in the Marine Corps).

I liked working. Outside with my hands. Never ran away from that shit. You'd have to drag my brother by the heels to get anything out of him. Have no idea how he got through boot camp. Probably too afraid to quit. That IS a good motivator for lots of recruits

19. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I never minded helping my grandparents who I lived with a lot off and on. I would do anything for my Grandfather. My dad came back from Nam a complete ass. When I got to boot camp I kept waiting for hard part and I realized my father was harder on me than the hats were and I already knew most of the crap; especially, when it comes to field day (cleaning spotless in the Marine Corps).

I liked working. Outside with my hands. Never ran away from that shit. You'd have to drag my brother by the heels to get anything out of him. Have no idea how he got through boot camp. Probably too afraid to quit. That IS a good motivator for lots of recruits
    My brother came home from Nam all kinds of fucked up too... I mean... bad enough that he took his own life. Was just all too much for him to live with I guess.

My Pop could be mean. We got our asses paddled a time or two but it was because we pulled a major fuck up. Kept us in line. But he got that from his Dad. My grandpa was a mean sons a bitch. Was mean to their livestock on their farm, mean to his kids, mean to his wife, drank too much and never had any time for any of his grandkids. I can't remember ever having a conversation with him. My grandpa on my mother's side was a completely different story. He was a great man and always had time for grandkids. Was the mayor of his town and well respected.

I honestly thought AF basic was a breeze. I was a squad leader and got chewed out once because a set back was talking in my formation outside the chow hall and I got a 341 pulled and chewed out for that by a SSMgt that saw it. Later that afternoon our TI screamed this guys name so loud in the barracks I thought he'd blow the windows out. He screamed at that fucker so loud that the entire barracks could hear, intentionally of course, saying his SQUAD LEADERS WERE HIM WHEN HE WASN'T THERE, and to DISOBEY A SQUAD LEADER WAS TO DISOBEY HIM, and that dude was told to pack his shit and get the fuck out of our barracks. He was set back again, gone. No one fucked with us squad leaders after that. We said something, they listened.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-26-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Time to... ... a couple oxys...

Hey... it's a holiday weekend... and my back hurts...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

My OLD FOLKS Buick Regal loaner car...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

My OLD FOLKS Buick Regal loaner car...

I prefer the roadmaster.

24. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I prefer the roadmaster.
    Ya... I would too... but I didn't have much of choice for a loaner. Could have gotten a truck, but I just got rid of one.

Pretty spunky little ride for a 4 banger though. Well appointed too. Smells kinda funky though, could probably use a new cabin air filter.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-26-2018 at 03:50 PM.