Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Ya... I would too... but I didn't have much of choice for loaner. Could have gotten a truck, but I just got rid of one.

Pretty spunky little ride for a 4 banger though. Well appointed too. Smells kinda funky though, could probably use a new cabin air filter.
    oh I see. I don't think roadmasters are around anymore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    oh I see. I don't think roadmasters are around anymore.
    I'm crushed...

I'm a car nut, pard... I can count telephones poles from a Buick Roadmaster convertible AND remember what kind of car I'm in.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-26-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Just popped 'em on...

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well evidently the grill gods were smiling on me because my propane tank JUST ran out but the burgers were done.

Now I'm full so piss on it, I'm headin' to the bar. That's where the majority of people in this beer drinkin', brat eatin' state are anyway. I'm sure I'll know 90% of everyone in there, whatever bar I go to in this little hick town. A population of 1,400 and we have FIVE bars...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

coming home from a movie tonite came upon a recent accident. Three were attending to a guy who wadded his Motorcyle - his helmet was off and 20ft away, while there was a 3" crack in the top left side of his skull. Blood, blood, blood. I held the guy down - literally with all my weight - until parametics could get a collar on him and get him strapped to a backboard. Hope he makes it. American. Probably drunk off his ass. He needed to be drinking and riding like he needed a hole in the head.

Helmet was scraped but NO impact signs, and the chin strap was in good working order - means it wasn't strapped onto his melon, and flew off in the impact.

Dumb. Wasted Aprilla bike, too.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

7. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    coming home from a movie tonite came upon a recent accident. Three were attending to a guy who wadded his Motorcyle - his helmet was off and 20ft away, while there was a 3" crack in the top left side of his skull. Blood, blood, blood. I held the guy down - literally with all my weight - until parametics could get a collar on him and get him strapped to a backboard. Hope he makes it. American. Probably drunk off his ass. He needed to be drinking and riding like he needed a hole in the head.

Helmet was scraped but NO impact signs, and the chin strap was in good working order - means it wasn't strapped onto his melon, and flew off in the impact.

Dumb. Wasted Aprilla bike, too.
    Yep... there ya go... there's no helmet law in Wisconsin, and when I go riding with people virtually no one else has one on. My skid lid has saved my cranium twice, so I just think to myself what fools they are. I don't care if they think I'm a pussy or what, all it takes is that one time...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-26-2018 at 06:26 PM.

9. Thanks Gunny, darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yep... there ya go... there's no helmet law in Wisconsin, and when I go riding with people virtually no one else has one on. My skid lid has saved my cranium twice, so I just think to myself what fools they are. I don't care if they think I'm a pussy or what, all it takes is that one time...
    I don't get on motorcycles. Fell off one doing about 35 once when some bonehead apparently thought red meant "go". But that's no the reason I don't get on them.

I do enough crazy crap as it is, and I know from experience the crap I tried on just a bicycle. I figured long ago if I wanted to commit suicide there's got to be an easier, less painful way.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't get on motorcycles. Fell off one doing about 35 once when some bonehead apparently thought red meant "go". But that's no the reason I don't get on them.

I do enough crazy crap as it is, and I know from experience the crap I tried on just a bicycle. I figured long ago if I wanted to commit suicide there's got to be an easier, less painful way.
    Got a mini bike when I was 9, first motorcycle at 12. Been riding ever since. No better way to clear your head than go for a ride. Even if you're riding with someone else or a pack, it's a singular experience, you and your bike, something about it has always appealed to me... just... fun. Even after I crashed I got right back on. Only had two accidents in 52 years, first one was late at night and I was so fucked up I couldn't keep my eyes open, just ran off the road, young dumb and full of cu__.. well you get the idea, second time some ass clown pulled out in front of me in Reno. Thankfully I wasn't going very fast, but I torpedoed T-bone style straight into the back side of his Denali. I got up, hurt pretty bad and had to go to the hospital, but he paid... paid big. The only thing I worry about out here in the boonies is hitting a deer.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-26-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Got a mini bike when I was 9, first motorcycle at 12. Been riding ever since. No better way to clear your head than go for a ride. Even if you're riding with someone else or a pack, it's a singular experience, you and your bike, something about it has always appealed to me... just... fun. Even after I crashed I got right back on. Only had two accidents in 52 years, first one was late at night and I was so fucked up I couldn't keep my eyes open, just ran off the road, young dumb and full of cu__.. well you get the idea, second time some ass clown pulled out in front of me in Reno. Thankfully I wasn't going very fast, but I torpedoed T-bone style straight into the back side of his Denali. I got up, hurt pretty bad and had to go to the hospital, but he paid... paid big. The only thing I worry about out here in the boonies is hitting a deer.
    Yeah well, when I want to go for a "ride", I know a lady out by Bandera (in the country) owns a horse ranch.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah well, when I want to go for a "ride", I know a lady out by Bandera (in the country) owns a horse ranch.
    Fuuuuuuuck... I been on lots of horses... since my nephew worked on a ranch for decades... I always got SADDLE SORE. And not only that, the damn animals knew when they were heading home and liked to RUN, and my nephew say's "just pull the reigns to the side"... ya... fuck that too... they RAN WITH THEIR HEAD CROOKED. Wild ass Montana mountain steeds...

I'll stick to my IRON HORSE, it's a HELLOVA lot more comfortable and does what it tell it to do.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-26-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Time to hit open a USMB page and upset some leftists...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Pulled an all nighter... been a long time since I've done this, but... I feel alright... probably won't when I wake up though...

This is what bored bachelors do...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

dang dude. when you get tired of turning-down women you just chill?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

19. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    dang dude. when you get tired of turning-down women you just chill?
    You know something I don't know?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I will NOT get on a motorcycle, even though I really like some of the better built ones - custom,
    but not that T.V. crap.

Senior in high school. Larry, Arch, and I were kicking extra points, field goals. Larry was one of my best friends.
    He whomped me on a wrestling mat for 3 years (Him potential state champion), and I dusted him in the (then) 440 dash in track.

Practice was over, we all went home. Larry on his bike with legal helmet.

Next morning at practice, Coach Clark cancelled it all for the day. Larry was killed the afternoon before when a pulpwood truck
    pulled out in front of him while going uphill on WVa Rte 46 just out side of town. Larry's torso and bike were under the truck's rear axle.

His head and still-strapped-on helmet were 20 years away in a ditch.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!