Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    The point is still valid, which is how would handle a case where someone acted like this? Assuming I knew the two guys had raped the girl, then if I were the judge, I would be lenient. If I were on the jury I would be lenient. If I were the file clerk, I might lose the files.
    Lenient? I'd hang the jury if I couldn't talk them into jury nulification.

I know a lot of states say jury nullification is illegal but what are they going to do if a jury of your peers unanimously finds you not guilty? I also found out mentioning jury nullification to the screening clerk when you get stuck with jury duty usually gets you a raised eyebrow and not chosen and sent home
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    So you're saying I look foolish?

And exactly who was harmed here anyway? This was more of a "what would you do" thread, than a situation where specific facts are key.

Oh relax.

Edit:

You know, the last thing on my mind when I posted that was that you looked foolish. It never crossed my mind. You've "known" me long enough that you should know me better than that.
    Last edited by hjmick; 05-24-2018 at 04:33 PM.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll