Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Texas School Shooter

It has been determined, that although he confessed to the shooting/murders, he cannot
    be given the death penalty nor life in prison without the possibility of parole.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...alty/23441031/

Although it is a horrid crime I have to tend to agree with this finding.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Personally....

All of us need to STOP talking about these sick people. The Press makes them famous by constantly showing their picture, and telling their SAD life stories that....Some Uninformed, Ignorant Americans see this kind of sick person...as a Hero. WE NEED TO STOP THIS CRAP NOW.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I like the law as it is. While the death penalty is ruled out, the perpetrator has to serve at least 40 years before the possibility of parole. It is also routine for mass murderers to be held in maximum security units in Colorado or elsewhere, where they are held in isolation. They are rarely allowed visitors.
    To me, sitting alone in a small cell 23 hours a day for the rest of your life is worse than death. Especially if you are young and dumb.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I think both rulings are bullshit. They can try 12 years olds as adults for murder, but can't give a 17 years old the death penalty or life without parole? He's old enough to join the military with parental consent. Are we saying 17 1/2 years olds aren't mature enough to make decisions unless WE put the gun their hands and tell them who to kill?

Should hang the f*cker in the town square.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The 16 year olds that shot that lady cop are being charged as adults.

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    The 16 year olds that shot that lady cop are being charged as adults.
    I'm short on tolerance with stupid right now. I read one article that said he "spared people he liked".

THAT shows judgement, the ability to choose, and the ability make a decision, regardless how f-d up it was. So these pansy-ass rulings don't cut it with me.

When I was 17 the furthest thing from my mind was walking into a school and blowing away a bunch of class mates. Nobody else was doing it either. And we all had a LOT freer access to firearms in the 70s than now so that "it's the gun's fault" BS ain't washing either.
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-23-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    All of us need to STOP talking about these sick people. The Press makes them famous by constantly showing their picture, and telling their SAD life stories that....Some Uninformed, Ignorant Americans see this kind of sick person...as a Hero. WE NEED TO STOP THIS CRAP NOW.
    I agree, totally. In effect nearly all have been some version of Columbine. They are copycats. The press feeds it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I agree, totally. In effect nearly all have been some version of Columbine. They are copycats. The press feeds it.
    I agree to a point and in principle. IF not talking about it would stop these attention whores I'd be all for it.

At the same time, I doubt discussing it on this board matters one way or the other. You are absolutely right that it is media-driven but nothing is going to stop them. This feeds their "scoop" agenda and leads to their fomenting hate and discontent and dragging it out by interviewing any and every idiot with an opinion in the anti-gun crowd.

I'd like to get my hands on one of these attention whores and just open hand slap the crap out of him a few times. And that means the shoot OR the media. Either will satisfy my desire to not use a gun on them
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-22-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post

But the issue is this - we have no choice. We cannot stop talking about this because every time this happens the LEFT wants to punish everyone who did not commit the crime. We need to keep talking about this to highlight the lack of parenting going on. We need to keep talking about this to bring back good parenting and good counseling and good emotional-resiliency training.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    When I was 17 the furthest thing from my mind was walking into a school and blowing away a bunch of class mates. Nobody else was doing it either. And we all had a LOT freer access to firearms in the 70s than now so that "it's the gun's fault" BS ain't washing either.
    And therein lies the problem, man... right there. Like you say, we had RIFLES hanging in GUN RACKS in the BACK WINDOW of our trucks back then, and we'd drive that truck to SCHOOL and park it in the PARKING LOT... and NO ONE GOT SHOT... no one even THOUGHT of doing such a thing.

So WHY do the kids today think they need to do it? Something changed. You figure out what changed and you'll find out why. Start by asking the DEMOCRATS, since they're the ones that run academia. Schools are their ball game.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-23-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Just my .02 cents worth

1) As stated before, the murderer cherry picked his victims, showing deliberation
    2) I understand he was playing music, making jokes and had slogans and rhymes he kept saying. A student (Trenton Beazely) said of the suspect on "Good Morning America. "Every time he’d kill someone he’d say, ‘another one bites the dust.’”

I say fry him.
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I knew this might create a stink in my saying "I agreed with the finding".
    However, I did not return replies on purpose.

I fully believe he should be TRIED AS AN ADULT, thus negating the finding.
    As mentioned above, he purposefully hand-picked his targets which tosses out any
    idea this was a random act.

Plus, even if he gets "Life with the possibility of parole in xx years", Parole can be denied.
    Last edited by Elessar; 05-23-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    And therein lies the problem, man... right there. Like you say, we had RIFLES hanging in GUN RACKS in the BACK WINDOW of our trucks back then, and we'd drive that truck to SCHOOL and park it in the PARKING LOT... and NO ONE GOT SHOT... no one even THOUGHT of doing such a thing.

So WHY do the kids today think they need to do it? Something changed. You figure out what changed and you'll find out why. Start by asking the DEMOCRATS, since they're the ones that run academia. Schools are their ball game.
    I tried answering this one last time and I still come up blank. Lot's of reasons are plausible. Attention whore always comes up first with me.

I DO agree with aboutime that they should get zero attention and if the public and media went that route I'd do my part. Since they go the opposite route, I don't think us discussing it is doing any harm.

When I was a HS senior I was trying to decide between two girls that liked me and screwed around vacillating and got neither I used to take my .22 out and shoot soup cans and paper targets and/or other pieces of junk deemed target-worthy. I never once aimed it anyone and no one aimed anything at me. We were taught gun safety from knee-high to a grasshopper.

We were dumbass teenagers that did dumbass teenage shit but nothing that would intentionally hurt anyone (except getting in a fight and even then we knew when to stop) If we wanted the school's attention we could pull the freakin' fire alarm or smoke in the boy's room. If you were REALLY daring, you could get a smooch off your GF outside her classroom after walking her to class (a no-no when I was in school)

So no, I can't really wrap my head around why anyone would even consider such a thing.

A lot of people mention everyone should do hitch in the service after school, but I'n starting to think kids nowadays should do a week in solitary in the slam so they can get a REAL GOOD idea what most of if not all of the rest of their lives are going to be like if they do some dumbass shit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I couldn't do it. I couldn't just go on a shooting spree shooting innocent, unarmed people. It would probably make me ill. You have to be full blown nut case to do something like that, and ENJOY IT.

He should get the death penalty. No one that could do something like that has any place on this earth.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Anyone remember Vice President Biden telling people "You don't need an AR15 - go get yourself a shotgun..."

God have MERCY if that had been a republican years ago.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post