Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

White House says prep team for US-North Korea summit to head to Singapore as scheduled

The White House said on Saturday its pre-advance team for the U.S.-North Korea summit will head to Singapore as scheduled, signaling that the high-stakes meeting President Donald Trump abruptly cancelled just days ago could be back on track.

On Thursday, Trump called off the meeting, even as North Korea made a show of dismantling a nuclear test site. In a letter to North Korea's leader, Trump cited sharp words used by the North Korean officials about America denuclearization demands.

Yet on Saturday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said that the team will "prepare should the summit take place."

The prep team departs amid diplomatic whiplash over the fate of a historic summit between the president and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as part of a high stakes gambit to encourage Pyongyang to give up its nuclear arsenal. If it takes place, the summit would be the first time a U.S. president met with a North Korean leader.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/26/whit...scheduled.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    White House says prep team for US-North Korea summit to head to Singapore as scheduled

The White House said on Saturday its pre-advance team for the U.S.-North Korea summit will head to Singapore as scheduled, signaling that the high-stakes meeting President Donald Trump abruptly cancelled just days ago could be back on track.

On Thursday, Trump called off the meeting, even as North Korea made a show of dismantling a nuclear test site. In a letter to North Korea's leader, Trump cited sharp words used by the North Korean officials about America denuclearization demands.

Yet on Saturday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said that the team will "prepare should the summit take place."

The prep team departs amid diplomatic whiplash over the fate of a historic summit between the president and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as part of a high stakes gambit to encourage Pyongyang to give up its nuclear arsenal. If it takes place, the summit would be the first time a U.S. president met with a North Korean leader.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/26/whit...scheduled.html
    Call me never satisfied but I wish he'd picked a different place than Singapore. I would not trust that place for anything with the President of the US.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Call me never satisfied but I wish he'd picked a different place than Singapore. I would not trust that place for anything with the President of the US.
    And there will probably be more American GUNS in that city to guard the president than they've ever seen before...

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

This is what I was telling you. It's not over until Hillary sings.

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    And there will probably be more American GUNS in that city to guard the president than they've ever seen before...
    More than likely. IIRC, guns are outlawed in Singapore. Only need one sniper and one rifle and as I said awhile back, that city is a trap.

Best guess: Flies in at airport and helo's to the rooftop of one of those skyrises. That's least risk.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

More than likely. IIRC, guns are outlawed in Singapore. Only need one sniper and one rifle and as I said awhile back, that city is a trap.

Best guess: Flies in at airport and helo's to the rooftop of one of those skyrises. That's least risk.
    I heard Michael Fay may be on hand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    This is what I was telling you. It's not over until Hillary sings.
    If THAT bloated toad sings it probably WILL be over. My hearing if nothing else

10. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Do you really think the SS would allow president Trump go there if they didn't have a reasonable idea that they could defend him?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Do you really think the SS would allow president Trump go there if they didn't have a reasonable idea that they could defend him?
    Want REALLY want me to answer that? I get this notion in my head that it doesn't matter WHAT the SS says to Trump if he's determined to go. I expect they will have security set as well as they can. I've been in Singapore and that place would be a nightmare to set up security.

There are traditional locations with a lot less risk involved.