Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    You just described what I remember growing up...
    Hey, it was good times. I had a blast. And we didn't know we didn't have the crap we do now because Al Gore hadn't invented it yet. I din't even know we were poor until I was a teenager. Families did stuff together when they could from the oldest to youngest and everyone in between. When we finally came back from Turkey I'd have sworn I was related to half the residents of New Market, AL. Well, I was

Could go to the beach and it was clean and not overcrowded. You could even find a beach with no one else anywhere near you in S FL in the 70s. "Souping up" the 10-speed.

Playing football barefoot in shorts and hitting each other harder than NFL players hit today and nobody crying about it. Same with tag team "pro wrestling" in the front yard.

Kids have WAY cooler toys now though. And I'm talking about cars n trucks n stuff, not the electronic BS. That shit is a brain killer for kids, IMO.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Black Diamond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Hey, it was good times. I had a blast. And we didn't know we didn't have the crap we do now because Al Gore hadn't invented it yet. I din't even know we were poor until I was a teenager. Families did stuff together when they could from the oldest to youngest and everyone in between. When we finally came back from Turkey I'd have sworn I was related to half the residents of New Market, AL. Well, I was

Could go to the beach and it was clean and not overcrowded. You could even find a beach with no one else anywhere near you in S FL in the 70s. "Souping up" the 10-speed.

Playing football barefoot in shorts and hitting each other harder than NFL players hit today and nobody crying about it. Same with tag team "pro wrestling" in the front yard.

Kids have WAY cooler toys now though. And I'm talking about cars n trucks n stuff, not the electronic BS. That shit is a brain killer for kids, IMO.
    And that's why us kids back then we're all lean, mean, outdoor machines, we were ACTIVE. We didn't sit in the house on our fat ass playing with a game console or texting our BFF or making some lame video because we're a little attention whore that wants to be a star on youtube or facejoke. Being grounded to the house and not being allowed to go outside was MAJOR punishment. Now it's just the other way around, they'd rather hibernate in their room and being sent outside is the punishment. If kids nowadays had to use their own imagination to entertain themselves, they'd be bored 24/7.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I am sure that Pete is a bigger dick than any of you. Has is a different point. Not that I want to judge. Lining up a bunch of old peckers is way far down on my list of things to do. Maybe there are volunteers to do such.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    May I invite all of you to eat a dick?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    ...eat another dick.

Ahhh memories! That was from the day after the election.

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    You people in the Populist wing of the GOP won't accomplish anything without the Conservative wing. Will Trump start implementing part of Shumer's agenda just to spite Cruz, Sasse, Lee, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Remember when you told me not to troll Nov.8 if Hillary has won? Just sayin..........
    How have I been the aggressor? I get attacked every time I post here. For the sole reason of being the dissenting voice on a conservative board.
    If you read back, I am not the one throwing out insults. I am willing to overlook aboutime's geripsych attacks. But read the others. You want juvenile? Try Jim and Nightrain's junior high "eat a dick" comments.
    Perhaps I am the only one that is on my meds.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain
    May I invite all 3 of you to eat a dick?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?57164

That was a fairly good thread, but the Thread of LOL was the one where OCA was freaking out. Hilarity ensued.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 05-25-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

@gabosaurus

And the next time you doctor one of my quotes, toots, you'll pay the price.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    And that's why us kids back then we're all lean, mean, outdoor machines, we were ACTIVE. We didn't sit in the house on our fat ass playing with a game console or texting our BFF or making some lame video because we're a little attention whore that wants to be a star on youtube or facejoke. Being grounded to the house and not being allowed to go outside was MAJOR punishment. Now it's just the other way around, they'd rather hibernate in their room and being sent outside is the punishment. If kids nowadays had to use their own imagination to entertain themselves, they'd be bored 24/7.
    THAT's no shit. Being grounded to your room. Arrrgh! A TOTAL violation of the Eighth Amendment against cruel and unusual punishment. How I learned to have an immaculate room? It got inspected every day before I got to go outside. You could eat off the floor in there.

You can't threaten kids with that nowadays. They'll just go play on their phone. Now, you turn their phone off with the parental controls Talk about meltdown city. I have to admit, my granddaughters will play outside for awhile. But it isn't like they miss it if they can't.

We had to call and check so our parents knew we were still alive
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

@gabosaurus

And the next time you doctor one of my quotes, toots, you'll pay the price.
    I don't know where or why she did so, can you link to it? Keep in mind, with the back and forth debate about it in the past - we left it where members can alter a quote but they MUST make it abundantly clear for ANYONE reading that they did in fact do so.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

@gabosaurus , don't be mad because someone did it to you - but they made it clear. If I'm reading the post correctly, you just changed an older quote with no mention of doing so. It must be clear with something like "fixed that for you", or in another manner where guests will know the quote was changed. Shoot a PM to someone on staff if you take issue with that, but I made my stance abundantly clear already.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

12. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Anything Trump does will be viewed as the right move by his supporters. He can do no wrong.
    He didn't fail at getting any peace prize as you liberals gleefully came to point out. He didn't fail, HE canceled. And I, and others, stated from the very get go that all tests must be stopped, all the threats must stop, they must agree to FULLY denuclearize. This wasn't happening and NK ignored folks when repeatedly asked about setting up the meeting.

Trump did the right thing. NK can stop with their threats and agree to fully denuke, as they stated they would previously. And all you give a shit about is messing with supporters. You couldn't care less about any actual foreign issues taking place. I would be willing to bet everything I own that you WISH for him to fail. I am convinced of that. Your far too often 'come running' when called and continued one liners prove it non-stop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I don't know where or why she did so, can you link to it? Keep in mind, with the back and forth debate about it in the past - we left it where members can alter a quote but they MUST make it abundantly clear for ANYONE reading that they did in fact do so.

I quoted her version and my original. She removed the '3' to make it seem I was inviting the board to eat a dick.

Then I linked to that thread just for good measure.

15. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I quoted her version and my original. She removed the '3' to make it seem I was inviting the board to eat a dick.

Then I linked to that thread just for good measure.
    That's the one I thought. She is breaking the rules by doing so, and appropriately warned. She is welcome to contact anyone on staff for clarification if need be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think North Korea was in fact surprised and taken back with Trump canceling. I think both sides made mistakes in assuming the other would like to be trash talked. But I think NK kinda walking back on FULL denuclearization & then going awol when folks reached out to further plans is what put the cancellation on for now. Things were gained already without giving anything up. But that counts very little when looking at the long term plans. But if NK wants the boot off their throat, I think it was made clear in what they must do for that to happen - and that they won't get easy concessions just for showing up.

Can it still happen? Sure, but both sides have to play ball. NK has to stop the rhetoric along with Trump. No point in even meeting much if they can't agree to the foundation of any talks. I think it will happen eventually. NK should act now, IMO, while things are still hot, and I do think they can get some concessions faster.

---

North Korean Regime Still Open to Talks – Willing to Talk to US “Anytime”

The Trump administration pulled out of planned June 12th summit with North Korea in Singapore.

President Trump thanked the North Koreans for releasing the US hostages.

President Trump: Some day I look very forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families.

This also comes HOURS AFTER North Korea blew up its nuclear testing tunnels.

So Kim Jong Un gave up his US hostages and destroyed his nuclear testing tunnels… And the US gave up nothing.
    On Thursday night (Friday morning in Korea) the North Korean government released a statement:
    – North Korea is still willing to sit down at “any time”
    – The U.S. decision is not in line with the “ideals of mankind” and was unexpected by North Korea considering the preparations

North Korea announced it was still open to talks with the United States.

Rest - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...talks-with-us/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And now I just read this, as of 2 hours ago.

All we really need to see happen, is let Petey and Gabby come running here with smiles to talk about failure - because whenever they do, the opposite happens.

We shall see...

----

Trump: North Korea Summit May Be Back On

President Donald Trump on Friday warmly welcomed North Korea's promising response to his abrupt withdrawal from the potentially historic Singapore summit and said "we're talking to them now" about putting it back on track.

"Everybody plays games," said Trump, who often boasts about his own negotiating tactics and skill.

Trump said the summit could still take place on June 12, as originally planned.

The president, commenting as he left the White House for a commencement speech, said it was even possible the summit could take place on the originally planned June 12 date.

"They very much want to do it, we'd like to do it," he said.

Earlier Friday, in a tweet, he had called the North's reaction to his letter canceling the summit "warm and productive." That was far different from his letter Thursday to North Korea leader Kim Jong Un, blaming "tremendous anger and open hostility" by Pyongyang for the U.S. withdrawal.

The tone from both sides was warmer on Friday. First, North Korea issued a statement saying it was still "willing to give the U.S. time and opportunities" to reconsider talks "at any time, at any format."

Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan called Trump's withdrawal "unexpected" and "very regrettable," and said the cancellation of the talks showed "how grave the status of historically deep-rooted hostile North Korea-U.S. relations is and how urgently a summit should be realized to improve ties."

Then Trump, in his response to that response, said it was "very good news," and "we will soon see where it will lead, hopefully to long and enduring prosperity and peace. Only time (and talent) will tell!"

The president's surprise exit from the planned talks on Thursday had capped weeks of high-stakes brinkmanship between the two unpredictable leaders over nuclear negotiating terms for their unprecedented sit-down. The U.S. announcement came not long after Kim appeared to make good on his promise to demolish his country's nuclear test site. But it also followed escalating frustration — and newly antagonistic rhetoric — from North Korea over comments from Trump aides about U.S. expectations for the North's "denuclearization."

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/politics/tru.../25/id/862421/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

@gabosaurus , don't be mad because someone did it to you - but they made it clear. If I'm reading the post correctly, you just changed an older quote with no mention of doing so. It must be clear with something like "fixed that for you", or in another manner where guests will know the quote was changed. Shoot a PM to someone on staff if you take issue with that, but I made my stance abundantly clear already.
    I doctored none of it. It was lifted directly from the election night thread. I merely transplanted it into another thread.
    Geez, person can hardly make a joke here anymore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

And now I just read this, as of 2 hours ago.

All we really need to see happen, is let Petey and Gabby come running here with smiles to talk about failure - because whenever they do, the opposite happens.

We shall see...
    Is anyone not worried about Trump's state of mind? The unstable dictator of a country with nuclear weapons is hardly someone you want to mess around with.
    In a way, Kim is just like Trump. He can be calm and mild mannered for a while. But eventually he will wake up in a bad mood and decide poke someone with a stick. Trump uses twitter. Kim uses his state controlled media.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I doctored none of it. It was lifted directly from the election night thread. I merely transplanted it into another thread.
    Geez, person can hardly make a joke here anymore.
    You didn't alter it at all? Then explain why the quotes are different?