Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Pork Roast

Not my favorite, but when I forking over for a roast for the family and the pork roast is $10 and the beef rump roast the same weight is $25, pork roast it is

Besides, it does my heart good to hear the lamenting of the children after having to pick up after them all day. Payback

And before you ask, I have no idea what it is seasoned with except it tastes decent enough and the meat doesn't dry out. HEB sell them pre-seasoned and it's in a sealed bag full of marinade. Nothing worse than dry pork roast. Well, except fish
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

We do those in the slow cooker... meat is moist and pulls apart... great for sammies...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny, SassyLady, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    We do those in the slow cooker... meat is moist and pulls apart... great for sammies...

Yup...the way we like it also...

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    Yup...the way we like it also...
    You betcha. Stab it with a thermometer every so often and go about your business. Besides, I am infamous in my inability to use the oven. I use the stove top for some things, but I will grill/smoke just about anything I think is worth the charcoal it takes. The oven's for recipe kind of stuff I guess.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Not my favorite, but when I forking over for a roast for the family and the pork roast is $10 and the beef rump roast the same weight is $25, pork roast it is

Besides, it does my heart good to hear the lamenting of the children after having to pick up after them all day. Payback

And before you ask, I have no idea what it is seasoned with except it tastes decent enough and the meat doesn't dry out. HEB sell them pre-seasoned and it's in a sealed bag full of marinade. Nothing worse than dry pork roast. Well, except fish
    Pork roast is my Ma's favorite. Just put it in the roaster with one of those little packages of onion and mushroom soup mixies and let 'er go on 325 for about 4 hours, and if you don't like that then there's something wrong with your taste buds...

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Pork roast is my Ma's favorite. Just put it in the roaster with one of those little packages of onion and mushroom soup mixies and let 'er go on 325 for about 4 hours, and if you don't like that then there's something wrong with your taste buds...
    Sounds pretty decent. I just can't take it dried out. I won't eat it.

You could set your clock by MY grandparents. Beef for dinner Mon-Sat and chicken after church on Sunday. There was ZERO deviation from THAT schedule until my grandfather had a heart attack (go figure) and I don't really remember what it was after that. And you were going to get canned spinach, green beans, English peas, or mixed veggies and carrots or squash (drawing a blank on any other yellow veggie) and canned sliced cling peaches. Desert was a piece of buttered bread with Grandmas Molasses. That was my Texas grandparents.

My Southern grandma was the opposite. Total Southern cook. I don't think there was much she didn't know how to cook, all the veggies and fruit came from the Farmer's Market, and when she laid out the spread you'd have thought royalty was coming to dinner.

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Sounds pretty decent. I just can't take it dried out. I won't eat it.

You could set your clock by MY grandparents. Beef for dinner Mon-Sat and chicken after church on Sunday. There was ZERO deviation from THAT schedule until my grandfather had a heart attack (go figure) and I don't really remember what it was after that. And you were going to get canned spinach, green beans, English peas, or mixed veggies and carrots or squash (drawing a blank on any other yellow veggie) and canned sliced cling peaches. Desert was a piece of buttered bread with Grandmas Molasses. That was my Texas grandparents.

My Southern grandma was the opposite. Total Southern cook. I don't think there was much she didn't know how to cook, all the veggies and fruit came from the Farmer's Market, and when she laid out the spread you'd have thought royalty was coming to dinner.
    MAN that sounds GOOD!

One thing you can do to meat to keep it moist is marinate it, best overnight. Buttermilk works great for chicken, other things for pork or beef, and keep it covered when you cook it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

MAN that sounds GOOD!

One thing you can do to meat to keep it moist is marinate it, best overnight. Buttermilk works great for chicken, other things for pork or beef, and keep it covered when you cook it.
    It comes sealed with marinade in it. No telling how long it's been soaking

Nobody except may me is proactive enough to marinate anything themselves. I just grab something every few days to give my daughter a break. Shit for brains is lost once beyond microwaving ramen noodles. He thinks I'm weird because I cook mine in a saucepan on the stove. I told him one day, "See the pretty little picture on the back of the package that shows a saucepan and says 'Instructions' above it and tells you how long to cook them below it?" F-n reetard.

Anyway, he'd fuck up hot dogs but demands dinner. And I lke to get stuff that's different than what she cooks to give ME a break. I usually cook myself lunch in case I'm skipping dinner I can't eat like they do. I've been anemic since I got out of the hospital, my BP is on the border and I have to keep it down with diet and vitamins/minerals/herbs to avoid having to take medicine. I have to offset the morning pot of coffee

15. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

It comes sealed with marinade in it. No telling how long it's been soaking

Nobody except may me is proactive enough to marinate anything themselves. I just grab something every few days to give my daughter a break. Shit for brains is lost once beyond microwaving ramen noodles. He thinks I'm weird because I cook mine in a saucepan on the stove. I told him one day, "See the pretty little picture on the back of the package that shows a saucepan and says 'Instructions' above it and tells you how long to cook them below it?" F-n reetard.

Anyway, he'd fuck up hot dogs but demands dinner. And I lke to get stuff that's different than what she cooks to give ME a break. I usually cook myself lunch in case I'm skipping dinner I can't eat like they do. I've been anemic since I got out of the hospital, my BP is on the border and I have to keep it down with diet and vitamins/minerals/herbs to avoid having to take medicine. I have to offset the morning pot of coffee
    Gunny... PLEASE... do NOT eat fuckin' RAMEN NOODLES...

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist....lovers-beware/

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Gunny... PLEASE... do NOT eat fuckin' RAMEN NOODLES...

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist....lovers-beware/
    Can't be much worse than anything else. Looks like I need to make sure the SIL always has a plentiful supply on hand though ....

19. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Can't be much worse than anything else. Looks like I need to make sure the SIL always has a plentiful supply on hand though ....
    I had that shit in my cupboards, and when I read about what kind of garbage it was, I threw it all out.

RICE is a lot better for you if you want to just eat STARCH... or a potato.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I had that shit in my cupboards, and when I read about what kind of garbage it was, I threw it all out.

I only keep that shit around in case of a hurricane...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

22. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I only keep that shit around in case of a hurricane...
    For patch jobs on the house? ...

24. Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I rarely eat them. I used to eat them a lot because I like them. I don't eat them much now because of the amount of potassium in them. Not good for the BP. I try mostly to eat fresh meat and some veggies. Maybe some fruit if we get some worth eating in. I can tell you now, fruit in S Texas is NOT fruit in AL/GA. This shit we have looks anemic

Nothings perfect, but I DO try to keep the chemicals to a minimum.
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-26-2018 at 11:07 PM.

26. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I rarely eat them. I used to eat them a lot because I like them. I don't eat them much now because of the amount of potassium in them. Not good for the BP. I try mostly to eat fresh meat and some veggies. Maybe some fruit if we get some worth eating in. I can tell you now, fruit in S Texas is NOT fruit in AL/GA. This shit we have looks anemic

Nothings perfect, but I DO try to keep the chemicals to a minimum.
    I keep my red meat to a minimum. I eat more fish and chicken and pork, try my best to eat as many salads as I can, ruffage, take a vitamin every morning with OJ, drink lots of fluids, water, beer, Jack Daniels...