Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Saudi arabia stops new business with germany over its pro-iran policy

Riyadh pulled the plug on awarding government contracts to German companies, in a possible response to Berlin’s pro-Iranian regime polices and its accusation that the kingdom’s foreign policy constitutes “political adventurism” in the Middle East.

Saudi Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman is “deeply offended” by the German government and froze new business with the Federal Republic, wrote Der Spiegel.
    https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Sa...-policy-558431

Interesting. I did not see this one coming. I don't recall Saudi Arabia commenting at all when the US pulled out of the deal with Iran.
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-27-2018 at 08:57 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes JakeStarkey liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Sa...-policy-558431

Interesting. I did not see this one coming. I don't recall Saudi Arabia commenting at all when the US pulled out of the deal with Iran.
    The center of gravity in the ME has shifted from the Israel/Palestinian conflict to the Iran(Shiite)/Arab(Sunni) conflict. When the US Embassy was moved to Jerusalem and Hamas went berserk, Bahrain was the first country to respond by telling Hamas to knock it off. When Israel took out multiple Iranian military sites in Syria, the silence from the Arab world was deafening. The one thing everyone should have seen coming was the willingness of our European allies to align their moral stance with whichever nation promised to make them the most money. I'm sure the Euros are feverishly calculating if they need to adjust their morality by determining the cost of losing Saudi and other Gulf State business by doing business with Iran against America's desires.

4. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeNewsSux View Post
    The center of gravity in the ME has shifted from the Israel/Palestinian conflict to the Iran(Shiite)/Arab(Sunni) conflict. When the US Embassy was moved to Jerusalem and Hamas went berserk, Bahrain was the first country to respond by telling Hamas to knock it off. When Israel took out multiple Iranian military sites in Syria, the silence from the Arab world was deafening. The one thing everyone should have seen coming was the willingness of our European allies to align their moral stance with whichever nation promised to make them the most money. I'm sure the Euros are feverishly calculating if they need to adjust their morality by determining the cost of losing Saudi and other Gulf State business by doing business with Iran against America's desires.
    I don't see the center of gravity as shifting. Just extending. In ALL the "hotspots" you find Iran, dead center. Iran has gained quite a bit of ground and I get the idea that no one sees the overall significance of it gaining ground, one little chunk at a time, until pro pro-Iran shia have cut a swathe from Iran to the Med, and they're into the Gulf states. By comparison, 20 years ago they were contained in Iran and a vacant spot they filled in Lebanon. Iraq's government is pro-shia and the newly elected Prez is anti-US.

The joker in the deck is Russia/Syria. Assad is a despot in the vein of Saddam Hussein. He's not going to share power with any religion, and Putin is not going to give up his foothold in the ME and access to the Med. Who knows what Turkey will do. Erdogan thinks he's driving some train while Putin and Khomeini are playing for a useful fool. Turks cherish their nationalistic BS to the point of delusions of grandeur and they're allowing themselves to be duped out of it.

I was surprised by the comment from Saudi Arabia simply because they have always played it extremely close to the vest where taking a stance on anything is concerned.

And LOL, I imagine Bahrain DID get all mouthy with Hezbollah what with that USAF base sitting right down the street
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post