Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Win for Trump - China Pulls Missiles from South China Sea

Let's see how long this lasts. I don't trust them very much either.

---

In HUGE Win for Trump, Xi Jinping Pulls Missiles from South China Sea Leading Up to Successful North Korea Summit

China’s activities in the South China Sea have proven to be one of the most contentious geopolitical issues of the Trump Presidency. Leading up to a successful summit in Singapore between President Trump and North Korean leader Chairman Kim Jong Un, new data released by Israeli Private Intelligence Firm ImageSat shows that China removed anti-ship and anti-aircraft missiles from Woody Island, in the South China Sea last week.

Woody Island, also referred to as Yongxiang Island, is the largest of the Paracel Islands claimed by China in the South China Sea. In recent years, China has taken major steps to heavily fortify the island, building runways for military aircraft and installing anti-ship and anti-aircraft missiles, much to the dismay of the United States and our Asia-Pacific allies. The unusual and sudden move to remove the missiles from the South China Sea, one of the most critical stretches of ocean in the world, is widely seen by policy experts as a nod of approval to President Trump, leading up to a successful Summit with Kim Jong Un in Singapore on Tuesday.

Amid a cancellation of joint US-South Korea military drills near the Korean Peninsula and a decrease of tensions with North Korea, much of America’s attention is likely to be turned to the South China Sea, as President Trump pursues a foreign policy that considers both military force and economics in every foreign affair.

According to a 2015 Department of Defense estimate, $5.3 Trillion worth of goods move through the South China Sea every year. Earlier this month, Secretary of Defense James “Mad-Dog” Mattis accused China of “intimidation and coercion” in the South China Sea, and vowed that America will “compete vigorously” in the area.

The removal of missiles from the South China Sea marks a major victory for President Trump, who has long been seeking to completely demilitarize the critical trade route.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-korea-summit/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I have had and still do have the notion that China is pulling Un's strings on this one. I think they want eyes off China which everyone is watching by default when NK acts up.

One less headache.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I fear the cat's out of the bag on this one.

China has spent way too much money building those islands not to use them at this point. I expect this move to be temporary.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

5. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Huge...something is better than nothing for now....we will continue watching...

7. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I fear the cat's out of the bag on this one.

China has spent way too much money building those islands not to use them at this point. I expect this move to be temporary.
    It's token. I was just going to let someone else say it first It's NOT a big move.

The islands are there. They can be rearmed easily enough. I've posted a couple of articles about China arming. They don't need the force projection until they are sure they have the force. WE could easily arm the Gilberts and Marshall Islands.

What I DON'T like about the whole thing is it seems all the bad guys are posturing and arming/rearming and we aren't doing shit. Not learning from history: we ignored Japan and Germany as long as we possibly could and Japan bit us in the ass and we spent 3 of 5 years needlessly suffering casualties because we were sucking hind tit a little preparedness could have easily lessened.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Likes LongTermGuy, NightTrain, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

We will see...lets watch...Trump has many advisers and generals who are able to attain (Intel) and know MUCH more info than us....

11. Likes NightTrain, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

In Mattis we trust.

All others pay cash.