Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Nom Nom!

@Abbey I'm unlikely to ever be 'a vegetarian,' but I eat vegetarian most of the time. LOL! Today there were lots of veggies on sale at both Safeway and Kroger. When I got home I found myself with: red onions, broccoli, red and yellow peppers, asparagus, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, carrots, along with green and yellow zucchini squash! Yeah, overdid that a bit. LOL!

So, I roasted a major portion of my take home. Salt & pepper, garlic olive oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne powder, garlic and onion powders. Started with carrots and added the rest at 10-minute intervals depending on their 'roasting times.' All in all, about 50 minutes.

I warmed up a flour tortilla, added some roasted garlic hummus, put a good amount of veggies on. Burrito! Really good. I was going to make seasoned rice to go with, but so many veggies, decided not to. Still have a lot left over, going to see how I like them cold. I'm quite sure they are going to be great in a frittata-might be my new favorite!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Abbey Marie, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes darin liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

you are eating the food my food eats!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    you are eating the food my food eats!
    LOL! Well like I said to Abbey, both are tasty! I do eat meat, just not as much as I used to, nor in the quantities I did. I may have mentioned that when I first went shopping after moving, there was this 'great' sale on sirloin steaks-which I like better than more marbled, go figure. Anyways, it was a buy 1 get 2 deal. Family packs! For me. LOL! After cutting into portions, I had like 18 steaks. I did eat one as a meal, I've cooked 2 more. I sliced them, made sandwiches or added to salad greens. I steak=3 meals. I didn't used to do that.

Same with chicken, mostly I season, cook, shred. Use it in soups, sammies, or salads.

Once I really dent the steaks, probably going to take a couple months, gonna buy a pork shoulder and make pulled pork. It's as versatile or moreso than chicken.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 06-14-2018 at 07:11 AM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Likes darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    @Abbey I'm unlikely to ever be 'a vegetarian,' but I eat vegetarian most of the time. LOL! Today there were lots of veggies on sale at both Safeway and Kroger. When I got home I found myself with: red onions, broccoli, red and yellow peppers, asparagus, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, carrots, along with green and yellow zucchini squash! Yeah, overdid that a bit. LOL!

So, I roasted a major portion of my take home. Salt & pepper, garlic olive oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne powder, garlic and onion powders. Started with carrots and added the rest at 10-minute intervals depending on their 'roasting times.' All in all, about 50 minutes.

I warmed up a flour tortilla, added some roasted garlic hummus, put a good amount of veggies on. Burrito! Really good. I was going to make seasoned rice to go with, but so many veggies, decided not to. Still have a lot left over, going to see how I like them cold. I'm quite sure they are going to be great in a frittata-might be my new favorite!

Sounds great, Kath!

When I go to a Mexican restaurant and order fajitas with no meat, they look at me like I’m crazy, lol.
    I’m not really vegetarian these days. More of a pescatarian if anything. I’ve always eaten seafood, and I will sometimes eat chicken/turkey because I need easy protein, and eating out can be difficult at times otherwise. But no other meats for about 25 years now. Since my FIL died from pancreatic cancer, and I did some research on causes, I am so incredibly glad I got my family to not-eat it as well.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post