Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Jim. I Think You May Be Jealous!

School does not start until July 24 for me. No kids until 8/6! I've been looking for a part-time job since arriving here, but seems everyone wants people full time or at least committing to 30 hours! I can do 30 now, but not when school starts.

I was getting very frustrated, was talking to my son the other night and he said, "Check out Rover.com it's where I get sitters and walkers for Juliaroberts, the dachshund." Seems it's huge in Chicago. I know that they had to book in advance for the wedding week, then the honeymoon. Julia cost them nearly a grand for 2 weeks!

So, I was just approved after 2 days which I hope bodes well for garnering a few clients over the summer that I can keep when school starts!

I love dogs.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, NT'sGirl, Old ridge Runner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Don't know about Jim, but I am envious. No kids? I have them 24-7 until Aug 17. I can't wait.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes Old ridge Runner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Don't know about Jim, but I am envious. No kids? I have them 24-7 until Aug 17. I can't wait.
    Now, now. I love my grandchildren, then again, I don't live with them. LOL! I also won't have to live with the dogs, just walk them or stop by someone's home and feed them. $40 an hour, but mostly in 1/2 hour increments. Still, if I can even snag 3-5 and pick up a couple hours on weekends, good deal for pin money during the school year.

Besides which, I do love dogs.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Old ridge Runner liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    School does not start until July 24 for me. No kids until 8/6! I've been looking for a part-time job since arriving here, but seems everyone wants people full time or at least committing to 30 hours! I can do 30 now, but not when school starts.

I was getting very frustrated, was talking to my son the other night and he said, "Check out Rover.com it's where I get sitters and walkers for Juliaroberts, the dachshund." Seems it's huge in Chicago. I know that they had to book in advance for the wedding week, then the honeymoon. Julia cost them nearly a grand for 2 weeks!

So, I was just approved after 2 days which I hope bodes well for garnering a few clients over the summer that I can keep when school starts!

I love dogs.
    Oh man, that would be a lot of fun! Make sure to get Daschunds, Chihuahuas, Pugs, Pomeranians...

My little guys always just used the yard and didn't care much at all for going on walks. I could just go out back with a tennis ball and wear them out in 5 minutes. They're both little lazy bastards like their daddy! Well, Jerome was anyway.

But Nikoh is sure keeping me exercised, both by playing in the yard and going on long long walks. When she's being mellow, she'll come over and put her front paws on you because she wants to have her belly rubbed. She'll stand there like that for a good 10 minutes or so before gently getting off and lying down. But those moments are only early in the AM and not long before bed.

Otherwise, she can be a dang terror! She's still chasing Nero, but that little bastard loves it, and antagonizes the more she nags him. Never a claw though, Nero is just thrilled to have a friend that responds to him.

She's got about 60 holes dug in the yard already. Not even deep, about 6 inches to a foot each. Can't really bring the Chihuahua with her still as she's too rough, and then little McNasty bites her!! She's not a bad dog to walk with, she's already learned to not pulll too crazy and she doesn't try to run off (even though never off the leash anyway). But boy, she can walk for days if you let her! And if she poops, just kinda not the same size as being used to cleaning after a chihuahua!!

So take the little guys and gals!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Oh man, that would be a lot of fun! Make sure to get Daschunds, Chihuahuas, Pugs, Pomeranians...

My little guys always just used the yard and didn't care much at all for going on walks. I could just go out back with a tennis ball and wear them out in 5 minutes. They're both little lazy bastards like their daddy! Well, Jerome was anyway.

But Nikoh is sure keeping me exercised, both by playing in the yard and going on long long walks. When she's being mellow, she'll come over and put her front paws on you because she wants to have her belly rubbed. She'll stand there like that for a good 10 minutes or so before gently getting off and lying down. But those moments are only early in the AM and not long before bed.

Otherwise, she can be a dang terror! She's still chasing Nero, but that little bastard loves it, and antagonizes the more she nags him. Never a claw though, Nero is just thrilled to have a friend that responds to him.

She's got about 60 holes dug in the yard already. Not even deep, about 6 inches to a foot each. Can't really bring the Chihuahua with her still as she's too rough, and then little McNasty bites her!! She's not a bad dog to walk with, she's already learned to not pulll too crazy and she doesn't try to run off (even though never off the leash anyway). But boy, she can walk for days if you let her! And if she poops, just kinda not the same size as being used to cleaning after a chihuahua!!

So take the little guys and gals!!
    As long as bigger dogs are well trained, I will do them too. Remember my favorite dog, well not the clean up, but walking, playing with, and relaxing with was my friend's Great Dane and her daughter's deaf Pit Bull.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Now, now. I love my grandchildren, then again, I don't live with them. LOL! I also won't have to live with the dogs, just walk them or stop by someone's home and feed them. $40 an hour, but mostly in 1/2 hour increments. Still, if I can even snag 3-5 and pick up a couple hours on weekends, good deal for pin money during the school year.

Besides which, I do love dogs.
    I get the grandchildren AND the dogs, cats, rodents the don't take care of but claim My dad would have already cleaned house on the pets around here. If we had a pet, WE best be the ones caring for it.

DOn't get me wrong. I love pets. That's THE reason I don't have one. Not much ticks me off more than neglected pets. I just don't have the time nor really the effort to spend on one and properly care for it. I make sure they get fed, boxes changed and let in and out, etc, but they get little attention.

Other than Sybil's dog and he gets a lot of bi-polar attention. Poor little guy
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke