Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

They blame Trump and then claim that separating families is a form of child abuse. Huh?

Again, what about the endless amounts that go to jail, and the kids go to CPS/foster care? We're talking about folks getting separated due to forms of detention/incarceration.

But it's now only started to be child abuse under Trump.

---

Experts say psychological impact of family separation on par with abuse

There’s a vivid term mental health experts use to describe the destruction of the love of life in another human being, especially in a child: It's called “soul murder.” It can happen as a result of physical abuse, they say, but just as easily, as a result of psychological violence, including when children are separated from their parents.

“Two of the most damaging childhood adversities are loss of the attachment bond with the parents and childhood physical and sexual abuse,” University of Texas psychiatry professor Luis Zayas told ABC News. “If you want to damage someone permanently, expose him or her to one or both of these traumas.”

Speaking to the National Sheriffs' Association Monday, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said that "it is important to note that these minors are very well taken care of — don’t believe the press. They are very well taken care of.”

Maybe so, but for children and adolescents forced separation is still psychological damaging, whatever the physical circumstances of the facility where they are housed.

“No amount of colorful rooms with lots of great toys, regular meals, and health and education services takes away the psychological impact of losing your parents,” said Zayas, the dean of UT Austin’s School of Social Work. “The damage that will be done will last a lifetime.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/experts-ps...opstories.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    The US has clear guidelines on seeking asylum so I don't know what your talking about
    https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...-united-states
    Willful ignorance doesn't make the facts disappear. Looking for a better opportunity is NOT a reason for asylum.

DO ignore the fact that most asylum seekers are doing just THAT and lying about any threat in their home country. Obama glossed it over and Sessions isn't buying. That mass of people wouldn't even be on our border if not for the mass hysteria created by the left. Or did you conveniently miss their mass march straight through Mexico?

When every US CITIZEN has a job and a home, THEN talk to me about letting other people's refuse come in and take them. Otherwise, you're misrepresenting the facts/truth to WRONG stone wall.

Bad enough I have to put up with leftwingers fleeing their own states THEIR politics have ruined and coming to try and ruin mine.

Just a bunch of locusts. The lot of you.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Willful ignorance doesn't make the facts disappear. Looking for a better opportunity is NOT a reason for asylum.

DO ignore the fact that most asylum seekers are doing just THAT and lying about any threat in their home country. Obama glossed it over and Sessions isn't buying. That mass of people wouldn't even be on our border if not for the mass hysteria created by the left. Or did you conveniently miss their mass march straight through Mexico?

When every US CITIZEN has a job and a home, THEN talk to me about letting other people's refuse come in and take them. Otherwise, you're misrepresenting the facts/truth to WRONG stone wall.

Bad enough I have to put up with leftwingers fleeing their own states THEIR politics have ruined and coming to try and ruin mine.

Just a bunch of locusts. The lot of you.
    I agree looking for a job is not a reason for asylum. When did we disagree?

Do you have any data to support your claims or just speculation?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

More to backup what I said earlier, and yesterday... the other was impoverished children in America. Not to mention the costs involved, once again.

---

Child Border Crossers Enjoy Nearly 3X Higher Standard of Living than Average Middle Class American Children

Migrant children who cross into the United States either alone or with adults have a nearly three times higher standard of living when in federal custody than the average, middle class American child.

In Fiscal Year 2017, the federal government referred nearly 41,000 unaccompanied minor border crossers to the Unaccompanied Alien Children program which is facilitated by the Office of Refugee Resettlement.

According to data provided to Breitbart News, each unaccompanied minor costs American taxpayers roughly $34,660 annually. This is a nearly three times higher standard of living than the average, American middle class child.

In an American middle class family of four, each child costs their parents about $12,980 a year. This is far below what unaccompanied minor border crossers cost U.S. taxpayers when they enter the Unaccompanied Alien Children program.

Previously, Breitbart News reported how these unaccompanied minor border crossers live better than the more than 13 million American children who remain in poverty.

Overall, about $1.4 billion is spent on unaccompanied minor border crossers every year, which American taxpayers underwrite, as Breitbart News reported.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ican-children/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

And as we debate the nuances of US immigration policy and who is more compassionate than who, let us not forget the reason this became an overwhelming cause celebre:

Last edited by FakeNewsSux; 06-19-2018 at 02:32 PM.

8. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Did Ivanka make this policy? The attacks on the Trump family are disgusting. Photos of kids, and they get bombarded with hatred.

And Trump isn't absent on the issue, he's enforcing the law, thankfully.

---

Meghan McCain calls out Ivanka over child separation at border

Meghan McCain asked why Ivanka Trump has not spoken publicly against immigration officials temporarily separating children from their parents who have crossed the border illegally.

The comments came during a panel discussion on “The View” on the issue.

“Well, there are people right now, with Sen. Ted Cruz being at the top of this on the right, saying that he wants to have an emergency bill to keep these families together,” McCain explained. “He wants to mandate that illegal immigrant families be kept together unless there are aggravated criminal conduct, authorize new shelters, provide expedited resolution for asylum claims within in 14 days.”

“There’s a lot of people on the right pushing back on this,” she added. “I actually thought this morning when I was watching — there’s a horrible audio that came out of children, screaming, crying, which I don’t understand how you can listen to that and not feel somewhat differently about this. But where is Ivanka [Trump] in all this? Because she’s all for women and mothers and she has a White House role and a job. And I’m interested that her whole platform has been women and mothers, and she doesn’t have anything to say in this.”

“I find [President Donald] Trump’s overall absence in this more surprising,” Sarah Haines interjected. “Because he is the guy that on the heels of a few weeks of saying he can pardon himself, he can pardon anyone. According to [Rudy] Giuliani, he could shoot [James] Comey and get away with that. He has all the power in his hands and a problem comes and he says this isn’t mine, it’s Congress.”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

He should own this 100% though instead of blaming the democrats. Point out there continued hypocrisy, yes, but own up to 100% - even though it has been done before. I do like what he wants - but just be clear and honest about it.

---

Trump defiant: 'we must always arrest illegals'

President Donald Trump is defiantly holding the line on his zero-tolerance policy toward illegal immigrants, urging Democratic lawmakers to give in and accept his legislative immigration demands.

Trump’s tweets defending the practice come as his administration is criminally prosecuting anyone who enters the U.S. illegally. The criminal prosecution results in a brief separation of illegal family units and has drawn immense criticism from the media and Democratic lawmakers.

Trump and the White House have instead said that if Congress wants the practice to end, they must instead pass his preferred immigration legislation through Congress, which would fund his border wall, end chain migration and end the diversity visa lottery system.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/tr...rest-illegals/

11. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I agree looking for a job is not a reason for asylum. When did we disagree?

Do you have any data to support your claims or just speculation?
    Did I not just several days ago post a lengthy explanation of your little MO? That "what I didn't say" shit doesn't fly with ME.

Got a whole section of the city you can come interview. You might find a LEGAL immigrant in the lot. Might even find one that didn't lie his/her ass off to get asylum. I find explaining and/or supporting the existence of the sky and it being blue rather tedious and boring when should I bother to do so you would just ignore it/deflect anyway.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

13. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    He should own this 100% though instead of blaming the democrats. Point out there continued hypocrisy, yes, but own up to 100% - even though it has been done before. I do like what he wants - but just be clear and honest about it.

---

Trump defiant: 'we must always arrest illegals'

President Donald Trump is defiantly holding the line on his zero-tolerance policy toward illegal immigrants, urging Democratic lawmakers to give in and accept his legislative immigration demands.

Trump’s tweets defending the practice come as his administration is criminally prosecuting anyone who enters the U.S. illegally. The criminal prosecution results in a brief separation of illegal family units and has drawn immense criticism from the media and Democratic lawmakers.

Trump and the White House have instead said that if Congress wants the practice to end, they must instead pass his preferred immigration legislation through Congress, which would fund his border wall, end chain migration and end the diversity visa lottery system.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/19/tr...rest-illegals/
    AT made an EXTREMELY good point and I'm running with it. If you are a US citizen and a criminal and get arrested, you get separated from your family.

So what's the difference?

15. Thanks Elessar, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I wonder why liberals never answer my questions.

Why should an illegal immigrant be treated any differently than an American that goes to jail for a legal reason? Why is there suddenly so much craziness about this, even though it also happened under Obama's term?
    That's EASY to answer... "MID TERMS."

The democraps are ALREADY in campaign mode for November, and they peddle out this RACIST CARD, republicans are MEAN BS every, time, just like clock work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Pete, here is a REALLY good reason as to why folks simply claiming asylum doesn't float. I cut out just this portion of the article as the rest is unrelated to asylum seekers at the border.

And then a couple more articles for good measure. I knew it was an issue, and one I can see easily abused. I just didn't think it was this rampant, worse than I thought.

---

“We had ICE in our office last week, and they told us just on the asylum issue, just on asylum, 2,000 people a week showing up at the border,” Rep. Jordan said. “Think about that, that’s 100,000 people a year and they told us that 80 percent of those people wind up not being legitimate asylum seekers.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ction-mandate/

Backdoor to illegal immigration closing: U.S. clears more asylum cases than it receives in May

The government is making headway on the asylum backlog for the first time in years, clearing more cases in May than it received, as officials finally think they have hit on ways to tamp down on people abusing the system as a backdoor method of illegal immigration.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services took in 7,757 cases last month, but completed 7,959 cases.

The success came on both sides of the ledger. New cases have been cut nearly in half when compared to the peak years during the Obama administration, while the number of cases closed more than doubled compared to the Obama years.

And those achievements came even before the Justice Department’s decision this week to tighten standards for asylum. That move should speed USCIS’s ability to reduce a backlog that’s reached nearly 320,000 cases, as would-be illegal immigrants figured ways to use the asylum system as a loophole to gain a foothold in the U.S.

“Asylum and ‘credible fear’ claims have skyrocketed across the board in recent years largely because individuals know they can exploit a broken system to enter the U.S., avoid removal, and remain in the country,” said Michael Bars, a spokesman for the agency.

Rest - https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...-receives-may/

Data Indicates Illegal Immigrants Are Exploiting U.S. Asylum With False Claims

Migrants to the United States have become far more likely to claim asylum. The result is a growing backlog of court cases, which harms actual refugees and drags U.S. resources.

President Trump recently deployed the National Guard to the southwestern border, due to concerns of chaos and lawlessness there, particularly due to the impending arrival of a “caravan” of migrants who intended to enter the United States illegally. This cohort of Central American migrants has mostly disbanded now, but concerns about the security of the border persist.

The Trump administration continues to assert that the situation on the border is an acute problem requiring major measures to enhance border security, while progressives have tended to claim that illegal immigration is near the lowest levels in years. In the midst of the argument, it can be hard to sort out which side is more supported by the facts.

The first key fact to understand is that migration patterns can change extremely quickly. A country like Venezuela can go from having a few tens of thousands of diasporans to millions in just two or three years. In the midst of major migration flows, the facts on the ground shift extremely rapidly, so keeping abreast of them is very difficult, but very important.

The situation on the southwest border is no different. The facts on the ground are changing with astonishing speed.

Rest - http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/09/...-false-claims/

18. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I like the argument that illegal immigration is down. Wouldn't be because of increased enforcement of the law, would it?

20. Thanks jimnyc, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

You are free to argue its merit, but it's been the US custom to protect/shelter lives that are truly in danger (for documented reasons).
    Indeed ?

OK. One example .. the dangers faced by Israelis from the literally HUNDREDS, even THOUSANDS, of Hamas rockets fired at them, to say nothing of other atrocities, e.g child suicide bombers walking around in Tel Aviv. Using your 'logic', the US must consider itself obligated to be a territorial shelter for the whole of Israel ....

Every time citizens of other countries face war conditions, or maybe disasters of other kinds .. is the US obligated to take anyone and everyone in, suffering such threats ?

Try this: how many people approaching the US border can conclusively prove their bona fides ? How many have no paperwork ? How many lie about their identities and places of origin ? How easy would it be for the US officials to unerringly determine the truth in each case ?

I suppose you'd operate a 'give them the benefit of the doubt' policy ? ADMITTING HOW MANY WOULD-BE TERRORISTS ON TO AMERICAN SOIL ??

Typical Leftie madness, Pete. The US has, note, the right to PROTECT its borders.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default The Odd truth about all of this clammering, and false whining by Dems is...

This problem would NOT exist if....PEOPLE OBEYED THE LAWS. Period.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

23. Thanks jimnyc, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post