Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default U.S. approves $1.3 billion sale of artillery to Saudi Arabia

Yep. Let's sell a ton of weaponry to the world's largest financial backer of state sponsored terrorism. The country that housed, trained and financed all 17 of the Sept. 11 hijackers. One of the leading human rights abusers in the world. And, of course, the largest militant Islamic country. Why not?

https://www.usnews.com/news/business...o-saudi-arabia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Yep. Let's sell a ton of weaponry to the world's largest financial backer of state sponsored terrorism. The country that housed, trained and financed all 17 of the Sept. 11 hijackers. One of the leading human rights abusers in the world. And, of course, the largest militant Islamic country. Why not?

Your data is flawed.

For one, Iran is the largest financial backer of state sponsored terrorism.

Yes, housed. They were all disaffected Saudi citizens who could not find employment.
    National Geographic had a very good article regarding this.

Trained and financed by Osama Bin Laden and Al Queda, Not Saudi Arabia, who was not even in the country
    and had been kicked out. Saudi offered Clinton Bin Laden's head on a silver platter, but
    Clinton refused.
    Last edited by Elessar; 06-19-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

3. Thanks SassyLady, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Saudi Arabia is no better than Iran, but we choose one over the other to get in bed with.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The Obama administration sold more weaponry than any other administration after WW2. Hell, I didn't come here and whine about it, as it's part of our business and things we have always sold, in every administration, and no different now - other than liberals trying to whine about it and act as if this is the 1st time it's ever happened.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

$1.3 billion? Is that all? Then go back - and please show me where you posed about Obama offering them ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN BILLION - $115 billion worth of arms?

I'm not going to post a bunch of articles showing the endless deals he made with them. I didn't mind them honestly. But if YOU are going to complain, I'm just curious if you did the same when it was REAL money in comparison?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

If you put any more twist on THAT and your rubber band's gonna snap just like you
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Gabby, it was my understanding that Saudi wants peace in the region and is now one of our allies in fight against Isis. Iran is actually largest state sponsored terrorism.

During an opening statement, bin Salman also said Saudi Arabia must work and cooperate with its allies, including the U.S., as it faces extremists and terrorists in the region."We in Saudi Arabia are on the front line in facing these challenges,” he said, adding that the country is “very optimistic under the leadership of President Trump, and we believe these challenges will be easy to tackle under the leadership of the president."

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/32...-to-isis-fight
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Damn, I had no idea that Gabby and Pete were such Islamophobes!? They are lucky they don't live in England or they might be on their way to prison, right Drummond?

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post